Do you think there will be another Animal Crossing for 3DS?

Xela

Tig Welder
Bells
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
The 3DS appears to have a longer life ahead of it than the original DS/DSLite/DSi had when it first came out. (To me at least).

That being said, do you think they will be making another AC game for 3DS? Maybe an HD remake of Wild World?

Tell me your thoughts! I'd love to know what you guys think! :)

I hope so, I feel like ACNL has alot of room for improvement. A newer version would be nice. They could just add new content (not DLC but actual game features), through patch updates, but it seems they haven't done anything like that.

I kinda doubt it :/ but I hope there is another one. Having to buy other systems is annoying

No, Nintendo have never made two Animal Crossing games for the same console. If they did, then there really wouldn't be much they could do with the game, such as adding new features, because they've probably gone as far as they possibly can with New Leaf anyway.

I'd prefer it to be on a new console too.

Last edited:
I am hopeful but i doubt it. They will release on a new console jyst to boost sales of that console. :(

I highly doubt that they would, even if they did as other people said, ACNL should be updated as it has room for improvements
Maybe they would put a new AC game on Wii U but I'm not sure~

I highly doubt that they would, even if they did as other people said, ACNL should be updated as it has room for improvements
Maybe they would put a new AC game on Wii U but I'm not sure~

This is what most people believe is going to happen, mainly because Nintendo usually put one game on each console to boost its sales. It would only makes sense for them to put the next one on Wii U, but I guess it depends.

Last edited:
Not really much more that can be done with the 3DS to justify a sequel, I think NL pretty much pushes the 3DS as far as they can without sacrificing framerates (I'm looking at you Pokemon X and Y, the stuttering got pretty annoying!)

They could do DLC to add content like special events more items PWPs and villagers and stuff.
But to add anything new to the series without losing what already exists, better hardware is needed, either the Wii U or Nintendo's next handheld (if they make one)

Totally agree with most of the posts here. The 3DS really reached it's limits with AC:NL. Plus, who knows what Nintendo could do with Animal Crossing on the Wii U? Yes, I understand people like Animal Crossing on handhelds, but c'mon. The Wii U version could be so awesome!

Probably not. At least not in the vicinity of 5-6 years I think.

though i would rather have it on the next console, the idea of playing ac on the gamepad is very tempting for me! it sounds fun, and i'm looking forward for the improvements they might have with the next version. acnl was a big step compared to the other versions imho, so the next one will probably be much much better! choose skin tone, better rules regarding villager placement and projects, that would be so much fun~

Doubt it. It'll be for Wii U, if anything. Can't you see why? The 3DS barely got any sales until the game came out and I think they'd want more people to buy the Wii U.

Honestly doubt that. They landed a great hit with AC:NL. Another AC game would be competition for this cash cow. ~_~

I really wish they wouldn't because I hate having to buy a new console every time a new game comes out (especially seeing as I very rarely play anything else on those devices) but the fact is that they've never had two animal crossing games on the same console before and their sales and ratings are still sky-high, so they'll just continue doing what they're doing until it fails (which it probably never will - I've already shelled out probably around ?200 on devices and Animal crossing games in the past few years)

Back