• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you think snow makes your town ugly?

Snow really made my town looks great! It makes the path blend in with everything. When I TT to try to get Tia out (She still won't ask to leave ><) I went to march to get the princess set and the grass looked disgusting in my town. Green just clashed with the soft bright colors.

I've only been playing since december 31, so I've only seen snow in my town so far :( I've seen dream towns with other seasons and I prefer spring~

winter just ended in my town (i've been tt'ing) and i'm honestly so happy. the snow was cute at first and during the holidays i like the lights on the cedar trees, but after awhile it got kind of...dreary? seeing the green grass after all that time is kinda nice and ends up making my town look better, imo.

The snow/winter time in AC is my favorite time of the year. Sometimes I TT to winter while actually in the summer just because. I love the igloo and the way the snow coats all the houses and trees. And I kept resetting until I got triangle grass just because in winter, they turn into star shapes and I love it.

my town actually looks best in winter in my opinion. <3

One of my towns looks best when there's snow on the ground. I can't wait for it to start sticking so I can update La Lune's dream.

I don't think the snow is ugly, but it doesn't look great when there's a lot of dirt everywhere. I wish the snowy ground looked as nice as I remember it looking in Wild World. Anyway, the snow isn't around for very long, so it doesn't bother me.

The snow/winter time in AC is my favorite time of the year. Sometimes I TT to winter while actually in the summer just because. I love the igloo and the way the snow coats all the houses and trees. And I kept resetting until I got triangle grass just because in winter, they turn into star shapes and I love it.

Actually in NL the triangle grass isn't the star shaped snow. They changed it. I remember that from my first NL winter (I always get triangle grass).

I first started playing AC in winter so snow is always super special to me.

In my opinion, I don't like the look of snow in my town. I mean it does look pretty in some areas, but areas where there's dirt makes my town look barren and i'm just not digging that. :(

Last edited:
I like the snow, but after a while it gets so boring. I also hate how ugly the trees look. I think that's the biggest problem I have with the snow. The brown trees don't match any of my flowers, so everything just looks weird.

Already posted, but i'm ready for another winter, shoe-less and sock-less again. My mayor that is.

I usually look forward to the winter, I love how the snow looks as well as the trees, especially the cedars with lights on them!! Even the campsite looks amazing hehe, and illuminated PWP's too. But the biggest issue I have with how my town looks in winter is definitely the grass wear. Contrasted with the white snow the dirt patches look so bad... I can deal with it a little easier in all the other seasons, especially in fall since the grass is almost brown to begin with, but in winter the patches actually ruin the snow a little for me and makes my town look a lot worse than it usually does.

It's looks okeyyyy, I like all the other seasons more like spring and summer makes our towns look more lively and funnnn, but yeah at least where I live the in game winter is shorter than it is for my area xD

Snow gets old pretty quick. I'm actually debating just TT'ing once January rolls around since nothing big happens between then and the snow melting.

The snow looks nice for a while, but after a bit I just get so sick of it and am thrilled when the grass is finally green again.
And how the dirt spots look against the snow makes it just look eww. Dirt spots look bad all year but in the winter it just looks horrible against the white snow.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Snow gets old pretty quick. I'm actually debating just TT'ing once January rolls around since nothing big happens between then and the snow melting.

There is Valentines Day, but all you really get is a chocolate cake from Isabelle, a chocolate heart from a villager of the opposite gender (or pink roses if your friendship is low) and some thing from your mom.

No, personally I love the snow! I think it's the best looking season. My town is kinda blue themed so it works with my overall color scheme. I also love how the snow covers the dirt patches/paths that have formed throughout the year. When I'm cycling I like to do it in winter so that all the old house spots disappear quickly. It really helps with those huge house spots you get from plotting and creating a new villager. And I love the Christmas lights on the cedar trees. Adds to the festive nature of the season.

Back