• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Do you think Donald Trump has a mental illness?

Do you think Trump has a mental illness?

• Yes

Votes: 38 38.4%
  • No

Votes: 61 61.6%

• Total voters
The only thing that's authentic about Trump is that he's openly racist and sexist.

Whether or not he really is or not, is up for debate. I honestly don't care very much either way. The question that should be asked is "Does society have a mental illness?" As they are the ones voting for this sort of person, lol.

He's so narcissistic he'll make one heck of a case study one day.. hopefully he gets the help he needs before he does anymore damage. Whether he's clinically diagnosed or just held up as an example of someone with disfunctional thought patterns, I don't know or particularly care. The fact that so many people are cheering him on, and enjoying the chaos he's causing is quite worrying to me though. It's like laughing and clapping at a toddler having a tantrum and hurting nearby children - encouraging mayhem for one's own entertainment. Except if Trump gets elected *everyone* has to live with the consequences..

Note : having narcissistic traits and behaviours is not necessarily a problem. Especially if the individual in question is self-aware enough to realise these tendencies cause a lot of problems, and is actively trying to deal with things. Having a clinical diagnosis of narcissism is no barrier to having a good life with healthy relationships, either - again, the key is recognising the issue and finding ways to minimise harm to others.

you can be an a-hole without having a mental illness.

Not really, and I'm honestly annoyed how every time the public doesn't like someone there has to be mental illness speculation. Mental illness doesn't automatically equal evil person.

^Agreed.

He's clearly somewhat narcissistic and has an inflated ego and sense of self importance and power but I wouldn't go as far as to say he has NPD or another mental illness, I don't really think it's cool to speculate whether people have mental illnesses or not but yeah not like it matters anyway

Whether or not he really is or not, is up for debate. I honestly don't care very much either way. The question that should be asked is "Does society have a mental illness?" As they are the ones voting for this sort of person, lol.

mentally ill =/= voting for a racist, sexist, homophobic etc actual Scumbag. pls stop putting down mentally ill ppl Thx

He's so narcissistic he'll make one heck of a case study one day.. hopefully he gets the help he needs before he does anymore damage. Whether he's clinically diagnosed or just held up as an example of someone with disfunctional thought patterns, I don't know or particularly care. The fact that so many people are cheering him on, and enjoying the chaos he's causing is quite worrying to me though. It's like laughing and clapping at a toddler having a tantrum and hurting nearby children - encouraging mayhem for one's own entertainment. Except if Trump gets elected *everyone* has to live with the consequences..

Note : having narcissistic traits and behaviours is not necessarily a problem. Especially if the individual in question is self-aware enough to realise these tendencies cause a lot of problems, and is actively trying to deal with things. Having a clinical diagnosis of narcissism is no barrier to having a good life with healthy relationships, either - again, the key is recognising the issue and finding ways to minimise harm to others.

But they very, very, very, very rarely see it, want help, or admit that they have a problem because of the ego.

Very good point though. I just can't see Trump seeking help, haha.

Narcissism.
Full-blown NPD.

Edit:
It's not even questionable. He is the poster child for NPD and more attention needs to be brought to this because people with this disorder are very seriously mentally ill and dangerous.

um people with NPD who are actively trying to manage their disorder are not dangerous - in fact like 95% of people with mental illness are not dangerous - yes, including people who are psychotic, schizophrenic, borderline (hi that's me) or have other personality disorders. being seriously mentally ill makes life absolutely unbearable, and hearing other people talk about how "dangerous", "scary", "unsafe" or "manipulative" we are is just dehumanising.

trump might have narcissistic traits, sure, but being a racist misogynistic a-hole doesn't automatically make you mentally ill. and if he is mentally ill, then it doesn't negate his actions by any means. he's still self-aware, he knows exactly what he's doing.

soooorrry i know this turned into a rant and btw this was not an attack on OP of this comment / thread at all i just ugh

um people with NPD who are actively trying to manage their disorder are not dangerous - in fact like 95% of people with mental illness are not dangerous - yes, including people who are psychotic, schizophrenic, borderline (hi that's me) or have other personality disorders. being seriously mentally ill makes life absolutely unbearable, and hearing other people talk about how "dangerous", "scary", "unsafe" or "manipulative" we are is just dehumanising.

trump might have narcissistic traits, sure, but being a racist misogynistic a-hole doesn't automatically make you mentally ill. and if he is mentally ill, then it doesn't negate his actions by any means. he's still self-aware, he knows exactly what he's doing.

soooorrry i know this turned into a rant and btw this was not an attack on OP of this comment / thread at all i just ugh

I've been abused by narcissists. Yes, plural. They usually refuse help. I'm not trying to speak for all of them. Just Trump, he shouldn't be in the position of the President of the United States.

(Hiltler was a Narcissist) but I'm not getting into that arguement.

I study psychology. Please look further into the disorder, he is a perfect example.

No offense taken, hopefully you don't take offense to my response either, haha. I have autism, I know what it's like for people to dehumanise and talk about how awful you are. Everybody I know is mentally ill and I've chosen most of those people. My boyfriend is Borderline. I love them.

Last edited:
No. He's just narcissistic.
He's that and very opinionated, but he's also a racist. Those things combined make him the man he is, not a mental illness.

on the N thing, yeah he shows a lot of narcissistic traits and many ppl w/ NPD are abusive but pls chill w trying to label trump as mentally ill bc u don't like him ..., (not saying i like him but being mentally ill isnt necessarily Bad and Scary and Dangerous)

is a sociopath, so yes

im dyign since when is "sociopath" (whatevr ppl want it to mean) a mental illness ..,.

and aren't sociopaths supposed to be antisocial l m a o

No idea, but it doesn't matter in my opinion whether he has mental health issues or not. Just because someone might be mentally ill doesn't mean it's okay for them to act abusively to others, and if anything, him being racist/sexist/homophobic or generally an ******* is just because he IS one, not necessarily because he is mentally ill. Mental illnesses don't alter someones opinions/beliefs, it's more it changes their attitude and way of thinking.

(Also, excuse me if my wording sounds odd there, I'm not sure if I phrased it 100% right but hopefully you get the gist. And I have suffered with mental health problems in the past so... I do know what it's like. And just because you're mentally ill doesn't mean it gives you a free pass to be rude or nasty to other people.)

Being racist and an ******* doesn't automatically mean that he is mentally ill, those are not the reson people think he is. But how he acts; his inflated ego, paranoia, his disregard for others feelings about him unless they are positive. Like yes not all mentally ill people are bad people but that doesn't mean threat there isn't mentally ill people that can act like Trump.

I don't get why people would defend Trump by saying that he's mentally ill. I agree with kayleee that being mentally ill doesn't excuse people from being jerks like Donald Trump is. His behavior and crazy beliefs was why I supported Ted Cruz in the primaries, with Marco Rubio being my second choice. But now the Republican Party is left with this guy.

No. I actually think he's very intelligent, because I think he knows everything he says is rubbish, and he's trying to prove a point about how stupid we all are to vote for a man like that. I think that's what he's thinking.

he literally asked 3 times about why we can't use nuclear weapons

that's about the furthest he can get from having any sense of integrity

- - - Post Merge - - -

im dyign since when is "sociopath" (whatevr ppl want it to mean) a mental illness ..,.

and aren't sociopaths supposed to be antisocial l m a o

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

we should probably drop the antisocial bit at this point as a criteria (if it hasn't been already), since that basically assumes social people can't run down these "being horribly destructive and unremorseful people" checkboxes as well

also, it's categorized as an antisocial personality disorder, so yeah it's considered a mental illness

Last edited:
Back