• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you still have to cycle villagers that have left? Amiibo question

Mayorofarcadia

My name is Emma c:
Bells
New Horizons Token
Pumpkin Cupcake
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
So do you still have to cycle through x amount of villagers before you can move in a Villager that left?
How does that work with amiibo cards, I assume you can move them in multiple times?

Yes. If you decide to cycle through villagers, Amiibos can be moved back in.

Amiibos have a much ower chance of asking to move out than regular villagers, though- so they may be a pain to move out. :)

I'm not very exactly sure about your question, but, let's say Tia left your town. You'll need to cycle 16 out in order to adopt Tia through adoption from other's town. But if through amiibo card, you scan Tia's card, then she'll be moving in the next day regardless of the number of villagers that have left after her.

And, it's not zero chance but she most likely to not move out again, unless 8 out of 10 villagers in your town are through amiibo scan-ins. If that's the case she'll move out naturally at some point. And if not the case then you need to kick her out by scanning in other villager. Once she's kicked out that way, yes you can scan her in again to let her move in your town, no need to worry about 16 cycling.

Last edited:
With the Amiibo card oyu can have a villagermove out (Lets use Chief in this example) and then immediately move him back in if you have his card.

Back