• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you still get streetpasses?

I used to get more while in the city but only just turned my device on again. One thing I do is take it to work as well and have messages like “Welcome to [Work Name]!” to greet anybody that comes in. Worked great when I worked at the big hospital in town but not so much now.

I was inspired to do that for work when I found a place that had a Mii to meet all the time from a local ferry worker. Ever since then, I just keep my 3DS on all the time to hopefully make somebodies day while at the doctor's office.

Sometimes I do think about going out with my 3DS and seeing if I can get any hits. I think the last time was around 2018/2019 I saw my next door neighbor was playing a 3DS with his friends so I took mine out when I got inside. Otherwise I haven't been taking it outside.

I haven't got a streetpass since 2016 or 2017 and nobody I know IRL plays alot of Nintendo games so I can't steal their stuff from the Happy Home Showcase in New Leaf, I just use my second console when I need to do something else streetpass related like streetpass smash or certain colors of heroes in streetpass quest.

I haven't gotten a streetpass since around 2015 naturally. I got that one when me and my family went to the Chinese market (there were other kids playing 3DS.) Now I only get them through my second system since I WANT THE STREETPASS BADGE 😭

Back