• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Do you sell or do you keep your old games?

Do you sell or keep?

• Sell

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Keep

Votes: 58 78.4%

• Total voters
There have been times in the past where I've traded in games to help pay for a new game, and I'd usually end up regretting it. So now, I almost always keep the game unless it's a really awful game that I hate. Even if you think you won't miss a game, sometimes you do miss it eventually anyway.

If it's not worth it or I have a newer version of the game (e.x. New Super Mario Bros. Wii when I get New Super Mario Bros. U), then I'll sell it.

I have a habit of keeping games, though as it happens I sold a few 3DS games today that I know I will never play again.

I used to sell my games all the time when I was younger, but then I'd end up buying them back a year or two later, so now I only sell my games if they're really awful/boring and I'd never play them anyway. I learned my lesson after selling and rebuying Final Fantasy X-2, like, 5 times.

I always keep my games.
I once tried to sell (Recycle @ EB Games) a brand new PS3 Game (LOTR War in the North) UNWRAPPED and would only get $7 for it. What the hell. So I always keep my games. No matter if they are ****.

I sell mine. When you have bills to pay, games are a luxury and if I'm not going to play them anymore I'll sell them so I can afford another luxury :)

I think I've only parted with one or two games. Usually it's because I'm giving them to other people. I have this problem where as soon as I get rid of a title I'll want to play it, so to accommodate for that, I really won't sell anything.

I've left one or two games at someone's house visiting from across the country before and went back to the game store the next week to re-buy them. Maybe it's just an OCD thing.

I keep them. It's fun looking back at what games I was interested in when I was younger. That and the people buying them don't pay very well.

Oh does it count when you let someone borrow a game and they sell it on eBay? ~__~

If they have any replay value I keep them, or if I just enjoyed them a lot. I've sold a few games I beat but didn't actually like, I don't recall selling a game I actually liked playing.

Sell them. If I don't care for them anymore, there's no point in keeping it, in my opinion. I'd rather get a few bucks than have it collect dust.

Oh does it count when you let someone borrow a game and they sell it on eBay? ~__~

...If I was you I would just stop lending people games if this has become a problem major enough that you need to ask that question.

And find better friends. Preferably ones you can trust to not sell your stuff.

Last edited:
I've kept basically every single game I have ever received/bought. It's like, I know I'll regret it if I sell them. Also, when you sell your games, you really don't get much for them. So I don't really see the point.

Last edited:
I keep them because I like having a collection. I used to sell them back in the Xbox/PS2 days and the early 360/PS3 days and I regret it now because I wish I still had those systems and all the games I had for them. For nostalgia purposes I like to revisit those games every now and then.

Back