• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you name your character your own name?

404 Error: Not found

• Yes [ I name my character after myself ]

Votes: 71 62.8%
  • No [ I name my character something other than my own name ]

Votes: 42 37.2%

• Total voters
My mayor has my nickname,Boo, but with cycling towns I go with pretty names c:

I don't name my mayor after my own name. I pretty much name my mayor and side characters the name that i wished i was named which is Lyn, Amber, Jessica and Claudine.

In my main town 2nd player is my name and the 3rd Player is my daughters name.
In my beautiful town I picked names that are important to me in real life.
In my guest town I was lazy and picked names starting with S.
In my spare towns I have One, Two, Three and Four. It's a way to keep track of what each player does.

Nope! I wanted my mayor (and all my other characters) to have names that fit into the cutesy little naming conventions in AC, so they're all named after fruit and veg!

In my first ever town, I called my main character by my name. I think for the couple of towns after I reset the first one, I just used names I thought sounded cute. For my current town, I'm using a Japanese name that basically means "flower child" which I found really cute. I haven't made any of my characters in any of my towns look like me. :)

Nope, I never use my real name in any games (included Animal Crossing), just because I prefer other names, which also fits better to my characters.

Last edited:
Nah. My character will end up looking a bit like me, but it will just be a coincidence. Molly is not my real name either.

Yes, in every game I play I name the character Inka. As for side characters (like extra characters in acnl) I use my stage names for them.

I've only named my character my real name once. I still have that town. On all of my other files I use names that sound cute, or that I just like very much. I recently reset one of my towns, (I did it this morning actually haha) and I named my character Luna.~ ^~^

I named my mayor in my first town in my name, but the side character and other mayor are just random names that I like. My 1st mayor character somewhat looks like me, with the hair at least. Paisley is the exact opposite of me with, blonde hair and black eyes. And Skylar has white hair and black eyes so she doesn't look like me either :p

Back