Red Rose
Yellow Rose
White Rose
Jingle Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
Happy Home Designer Token
Orange Mote of Flame
well, acnl really reminds me of a Dinky Dino virtual pet toy I once had when I was 5, where you feed your pet and care for it, play with it and heal it when it's sick, and I remember when I left it for a day it died (happened many times)! so, when I stop playing the game for a day or a few days, I keep thinking someone might of gotten sick or something and wonder what I've missed (event, birthday...etc) and I feel guilty for not playing! and I actually miss the poor pixel things....
so, do you miss your villagers and/or worry or feel guilty when you ignore the game for a while?

Last edited:
Totally do, I get attached. Remember, there are some folks on the forum that actually shed tears over this stuff. Not trying to make fun of anyone here with that. I mean it makes sense, if this game gives you emotional enjoyment, why can't you get emotional when something happens to your villagers good or bad?

I save some of the good letters I get. Accidentally deleted a letter from Beau I wanted to keep the other day. Hoping he sends something similar again. Went something like, "I'm coloring in the vowels with my crayon as I read your letter." Cute stuff.

Yes! Especially when you log back into the game and talk with a villager and they were all worried or upset that you were gone :'(

I don't really miss my villagers, but I do feel guilty sometimes. Like when Eugene told me not to dig up too many flowers (I was holding a shovel) because he was friends with them. I felt guilty even though I hadn't done anything and I couldn't tell if he was serious or not.

The first few days after they move out I miss them the most, but after that I'm over it, quite much.

I don't feel guilty about not playing the game, but it makes me happy that my villagers are always glad to see me whenever I come back. :)

Totally do, I get attached. Remember, there are some folks on the forum that actually shed tears over this stuff. Not trying to make fun of anyone here with that. I mean it makes sense, if this game gives you emotional enjoyment, why can't you get emotional when something happens to your villagers good or bad?

I save some of the good letters I get. Accidentally deleted a letter from Beau I wanted to keep the other day. Hoping he sends something similar again. Went something like, "I'm coloring in the vowels with my crayon as I read your letter." Cute stuff.

Oddity, I agree with you. I saved letters of my favourite villagers on my old town. Now that I reseted on the 6th of December, it's refreshing for me to start relationships with my new villagers. It's silly of me to be so emotionally attached to these animal pixels because I was never allowed to have pets growing up. Plus I live on my own now, and everytime I go back to play AC:NL, the critters never make me feel alone. I get excited whenever they visit my home unexpectedly, gift me at times, or even ask me to do favours... It doesn't get old.

Last edited:
Oddity, I agree with you. I saved letters of my favourite villagers on my old town. Now that I reseted on the 6th of December, it's refreshing for me to start relationships with my new villagers. It's silly of me to be so emotionally attached to these animal pixels because I was never allowed to have pets growing up. Plus I live on my own now, and everytime I go back to play AC:NL, the critters never make me feel alone. I get excited whenever they visit my home unexpectedly, gift me at times, or even ask me to do favours... It doesn't get old.

Agreed. That reminds me I didn't have much of a childhood either. I don't consider fish as "pets" ha.

Yup….. during Sepbember my sessions were pretty short because I was working a lot of OT, and had night classes. I thought as long as I made sure to walk by everyone and talked to them once I’d be ok if they weren’t pinging……. Lost Fang and Whitney in short succession….. I also really miss Skye… I gave her to someone nice that wanted her to make room for someone else……. I miss my wolves, and it would take too long to cycle out the necessary 15.

It is hard for me to move people out. Marcel was really hard. I moved him out, cried for 2 hours, went to bed. Got his pic in the mail and I screamed.

Yeah i get upset. I feel bad when i tell them no you can't move out either when they want to experience a new adventure. But if i let them go i'd miss them too much :( i always say goodbye the day before they move out if they go and i do get sad when they do go, i always take a screenshot of their last words. I miss my ACWW copy that i traded in to go towards getting a 3ds xl with ACNL, i had the best villagers there (being reunited with some of my favorite ACWW villagers in ACNL, just waiting on Nan to get cycled out to me). Wherever my animals go when they leave, i hope whoever has them knows how special they are and takes good care of them.

Yup, I feel bad even when I don't like them very much. They are always so nice and kind to you...

I wish I could get all my favourites from the beginning so I wouldn't feel bad. ):

Personal experience in the game can shape all kinds of opinions you wouldn't even expect to have, like how I didn't like Bella or Curlos at first but they really grew on me even after they left, especially after they left actually because I started writing stories about my voided villagers and it really made me connect to villagers that I didn't even have much of a bond with before they moved. Rory on the other hand I wouldn't have hated so much if it wasn't for my personal experience with him, to this day I associate the periwinkle tee with evil and consider him my personal arch-nemesis of Animal Crossing.

Also I know she isn't a villager but Kappn's daughter is adorable and if you can say no to her when she asks to play supermarket and don't feel at least a little guilty seeing her cry then you have no soul.

Absolutely. I don't feel guilty, but I do miss seeing them.
I get attached very easily in Animal Crossing, so my villagers are very important to me.

Some villagers I really regret letting go.
When I found out about villager popularity when I first joined, I let go of Peck, who was my jock villager starter, just because he wasn't popular. I really regret it. He's a great villager.

There are also some others that I let go that once they leave I'm like "Why did I let them go" a lot of the time. But that's part of the game, I guess.

well I haven't ignored the game yet and even if I did stop playing for a while I would play on the date I stopped so it wouldn't be so much of a difference anyway.

It's ironic you post this, because even though I've had the same 10 for over a year in my NA town, I was just thinking about some of my priors from last year. I kind of miss a few of them (Walker, Pate, Iggly), but at least since Pate was the first to go, she's on Main now.

I've played everyday since I started, I look forward to seeing my villagers every day! My average play time is about 1 - 1 1/2 hours, but is cut short when I have work or busy with exams etc, where I can only really play for 1/2 hour or so. I always go on to check who is moving out, as I would hate for one of my permanents to accidentally move!

Last edited:
Back