• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you have any favourite, or least favourite, vegetables?

I don't like cabbage. I eat it, because it's nutritious, but I hate it.

Otherwise, I can't think of any vegetable I dislike, nor any that I overwhelmingly prefer over the others.

My favorites are potatoes, though I'll give broccoli a close second. I generally like most types of vegetables like green beans, corn, radish, and butternut squash.

I dislike how soft and slimy eggplants are when cooked, so they're probably my least favorite. Also, I'm not particularly fond of onions and garlic since they make your breath stink, and they can be spicy. Otherwise, vegetables are great and they're definitely not as gross as certain types of meat.

My favorite vegetable is bell peppers, especially the red ones. My least favorite vegetable are tomatoes.

OLIVES OLIVES OLIVES OLIVES OLIVES OLIVES OLIVES OLIVES OLIVES I LOVE OLIVES OLIVES OLIVES OLIVES

Oh my god I love olives so much, I love black olives, I love green olives, I love KALAMATA OLIVES.

My favorite is garlic! Enough said :9

My least favorite is probably RED ONION. It is so disgusting, especially raw. It lingers for an unreal amount of time. I also just hate onions in general 99% of the time.

Reactions: Bui
My all time favourite veg is Olives ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Other than that I will eat all vegetables I don't mind even if I don't like them that much.

But one veg that I will NEVER EVER eat is celery that is the most nasty tasting veg ever and I hated it as a child and now as an adult I still strongly dislike it.

I like most vegetables. The only one that I can think of that I don’t like very much are Brussels sprouts but I’ve heard that they can taste very good if you cook them using the right amount of spices and/or seasoning and oil/butter. But I don’t want to buy some frozen sprouts to try a recipe only to find out I don’t like it after one bite and thus wasting money and ingredients.

I am neutral towards olives as I am okay eh black ones but don’t like the green ones very much unless they are stuffed with something instead. It’s the flavor the green ones have that I don’t like. I do use olive oil a lot in my cooking though.

Corn is pretty good, and it's probably my favorite vegetable. On the other hand, cucumbers are horrible. I like pickles but not cucumbers, they taste awful.

Corn is pretty good, and it's probably my favorite vegetable. On the other hand, cucumbers are horrible. I like pickles but not cucumbers, they taste awful.
It sort of depends on how the cucumbers are prepared. I know there’s this one Chinese dish my grandma used to make which were cucumbers cut up into little sticks and then tossed into a dressing made of some sugar, sesame oil, and I think soy sauce and you ate them cold from a plate like a pickle. They were really good and I wish I knew the amount of ingredients to make them as they were tasty on a hot summer day. They were almost like pickles except you didn’t use any vinegar and they were eaten shortly after being prepared. I think my stepmom might have done something similar with cucumbers but my grandma’s were really good with a perfect balance of sweetness and savory flavors from the sugar and sesame oil.

I love spinach, zucchini, morning glory, and bok choy the most - my favorite side dishes to make include these. I love fermented mustard greens omg and I hate cabbage like napa cabbage unless it's made into kimchi. For veggies I dislike - most leafy greens in salads and some herbs that are too strong for my tastes like cilantro/coriander. I don't like ginger and red onions.

My favorite vegetable is carrots, but I also like potatoes and bell peppers! As for least favorites, I have a lot. 😅 Corn, green beans, zucchini, and tomatoes (my least favorite food) are definitely on that list.

I love broccolini. I miss it so much. Stopped eating it because I know the florets would have become stuck in my braces.
Cherry tomatoes can be great but I hate the super duper sweet ones.
Capsicums are pretty good. Love them in an omelette.
Pumpkins are nice but I get sick from having much of them, maybe it’s a minor allergy or maybe they just filled me up too easily?
Watercress is fun. Potato good

honestly i dont really heavily dislike any. Olives are kinda yucky but i dont hate them

HAH, when I first thought about vegetables I was like.. eww veggies, but when I started to read what other people said I was kinda like.. hmmm they all have a very very good point.
I love olives sooo much, any kind of olives are yum ~ generally not the stuffed ones with anchovies or something.. maybe something "normal" like stuffed feta cheese or a pickle carrot.
I love potatoes alot, they're definitely very versatile! can cook them in so many ways, I love carbs so much haha.
But corn is so good too, esp the yellow juicy ones mmm.
Some hated veggies though or at least my most disliked, winner goes to MUSHROOM BLEH, can't stand the rubbery-ness of them, the texture is so soft and they tastes like bitter dirt to me.

Funny story, a girl once was very shocked I didn't like mushrooms and kept insisting that I would love them if SHE made them and cooked them.. low and be hold, I did not like them.
She seemed very insulted.. that I didn't like the mushrooms :')

not a fan of lettuce (unless it's fried in which case it slaps), but if it's not fried then it's very much not an S-tier vegetable imo. you won't catch me hitting it up raw. im also not really a fan of rocket but i'll eat it with cheese
sweet potato, courgette, sprouts, broccoli?? they're rad. my absolute faves. im thinking about roast vegetables and now im heccin hungry

Back