• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you have any favourite, or least favourite, vegetables?

S.J.

💜
Bells
Island
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
I was thinking about what foods I didn't eat as a kid, that I eat now. I don't think my tastes have changed that much! As a kid, I wouldn't eat Brussels sprouts or courgettes. I've grown to really like courgette. My favourite vegetables are probably carrot, courgette, cucumber, and potato. Onion and garlic for their flavours too.

My least favourite vegetable will always be olives. Please, take them away. 😨

edit: People have brought up vegetables I hadn't thought about, so I'm revising!

Favourites: Carrot, cucumber, long stem broccoli, potato, courgette
Good: Cauliflower, broccoli, corn, peas, green beans, capsicum, onion, garlic, tomato, lettuce, cabbage, anything found in a vegetable soup (celery, turnip, parsnip, swede)
Fine: Eggplant
Makes me sad: Olives, Brussels sprouts, asparagus (tbf, I haven't tried Brussels sprouts and asparagus as an adult)

Last edited:
An unpopular opinion: I like cauliflower.

I don’t really dislike any vegetables. I really like broccoli, corn, carrots, green beans, and peas occasionally.

I don't really dislike any vegetables but I certainly have my favorites: beets, sweet potatoes, corn, cucumbers, and yams.

my mom and grandmother fed me plenty of vegetables and got me used to them from a young age, so getting me to eat them has never been a problem! i’m not picky when it comes to vegetables at all, and have liked almost every one that i’ve tried— carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, peas, corn, mushrooms, onions, green beans, squash, turnips etc, you name it and i will most likely eat it! out of all of them though, i think my favourites are broccoli, potatoes, onion, corn, cauliflower and brussel sprouts!

my least favourites are olives as well, and beets. i’m also not a big fan of zucchini, sweet potatoes, eggplant or celery (unless it’s cooked), but i will still eat them; i just prefer other vegetables 😅

Ohhhhh, you guys just reminded me that long stem broccoli is the best. That should have been in my favourite vegetables list. 🥦

I have a soft spot for certain veggies. My most favorite one has to be steakhouse green beans, I don't seem to get tired of them one bit!
My other favorite has to be regular spinach, not creamed or anything flavored to it, (Except salt) give me regular and I'm good to go.
I'd have to say broccoli is my other favorite if it's raw, cold, damped with water and there's sour cream with ranch dip involved. I grew out of steamed broccoli years ago. Corn is another good thing as well if it's buttered.
Aparagus is also fine too.

I dare wouldn't try any other veggies though, they don't look appetizing you know?

(Aww shoot, I forgot about cucumbers. They're very good in ranch dressing)

Last edited:
I guess my favorite would just be potatoes, since they are incredibly versatile. I don't mind corn, carrots, peas, or green beans either. Unfortunately, I have a pretty intense dislike for most vegetables which is not helped by my strong sensitivity to certain tastes in foods, particularly bitterness. But the following vegetables are the worst of the worst:

-Cucumbers. Apparently these aren't supposed to have a whole lot of flavor from what I've been told, but to me they are incredibly strong and overpowering. It's bad enough that if you were preparing a salad and cut a cucumber, then cut everything else using that same knife but never actually put the cucumber into the salad, the whole salad would still be ruined because I would only be able to taste the cucumber.

-Celery. Hands down the worst vegetable I have ever had the misfortune to have had in my mouth. It smells like it should have a sweet hint to it, but the taste is bad enough to legitimately make me sick. People have often told me to add peanut butter to it to make it more palatable, but why would I want to ruin perfectly good peanut butter with something as vile as celery? Like cucumber, all it takes is a single piece of celery in a dish to ruin the whole thing.

-Brussels Sprouts. Just no.

-Asparagus. Not quite on the level of Brussels Sprouts, but close. They stink, they taste awful in every single preparation I've had, and the texture is terrible.

And a few dishonorable mentions, vegetables that are awful but do have their merits:

-Onions. When raw they are way too strong, red onions especially. I remember trying a piece of raw red onion that came on a burger I ordered because I forgot to ask for no onions. It had an intensely perfumey taste and lingered for hours afterward. The only reason they made the dishonorable mentions and not the "worst of the worst" is because of the existence of caramelized onions.

-Broccoli. Hated it as a child, still hate it now. I was told my tastes would change as I grew up, but apparently that didn't happen. I don't quite know how to describe the taste besides "terrible," and the texture of the tops is just downright awful. But broccoli cheese soup exists, and is the only justification for the continued cultivation of broccoli as far as I'm concerned.

-Green bell peppers. Yellow and Red are alright because they aren't nearly as bitter, but green peppers are awful in every possible preparation but one. Like cucumbers and celery above, their presence in a dish can ruin the whole thing, but there is one anomaly I can't quite explain: stuffed bell peppers. It's literally a green bell pepper with stuff inside, so by all rights it should be inedible. Yet, for some reason I absolutely love stuffed bell peppers and will gladly devour the whole thing, pepper included, and happily go back for seconds.

This is by no means a complete list, but I figured it was best to stop there otherwise I'd be here for hours!

Last edited:
I like alot of veggies but I can't stand sweet potatoes that are baked. I think the only sweet potato thing I like are the chips.
My go to veggies are broccoli (cooked) or onions. I also really like mushrooms and bell peppers too!

I loooooove cucumbers. Cabbage. Tomatoes. Radishes. Asparagus. All of them. Don't make me choose. JK it's cucumber

My favorite vegetables feel pretty basic to me, lol: Potatoes, peas, carrots, corn, green beans. As for least favorites, uhh, there's probably a lot I can say tbh, but I'll say onions are the worst to me. I'm just not a fan of them one bit.

I like pretty much all vegetables: Brussels sprouts, celery, eggplant, courgette, parsnip, turnip, daikon, olive, brocoli, seewt potatoes, onion, garlic, corn etc is there something i don't like?

I'm only picky with mushrooms, and it's not because of the taste but because of the texture, I like mushrooms to be crunchy and dislike them when they are spongy.

I am a very picky eater and don’t like most veggies. However, this does NOT apply to asparagus. Asparagus, my beloved.

My favorite vegetables are lettuce, brussel sprouts, cooked asparagus, broccoli, and some others. On the other hand, I absolutely despise okra. The texture makes me gag.

My favorite vegetable probably has to be the potato. There are so many tasty things you can make with them and they're even good plain as a baked potato.

I also really love garlic. A lot. A lot a lot.

Other favorites include beans, broccoli, brussels sprouts, corn, and green beans.

Yes, quite a few really.

Potato - South America is the home of the potato. With so many varieties its hard to choose but the potato can go in many dishes. A lot of things I love have potatoes in them

Cucumber - I love cucumbers. Its very watery, which is good because I typically dislike dry vegetables like yuca. Cucumbers are very crunchy but satisfying because they are wet. I also love pickles so thats another reason.

Onions - I like onions except when they are raw. They must be cooked but when they are cooked they are delicious

Carrots - I love carrots! Carrot soup, carrot cake, carrot muffins...you really cant go wrong with carrots! Now that I think about it...they might be my favourite veggie if I had to rank them!

Asparagus - Expensive where I live but I like them! Grilled in olive oil and serve. Oh, this is making me hungry...

S tier: Broccoli, Broccolini, Baby Spinach, Capsicum (Bell Peppers), Bok Choy, Green Beans, Peas, Snow Peas, Carrots, Potato, Sweet Potato, Onions, Garlic, Shallot, Cucumber, Zucchini, Cauliflower, Corn (preferably on the cob), Celery, Tomato, Beans/Lentils, Leeks, Spring Onions, Avocado
A-B tier: Butternut Squash, Turnip, Eggplant, Ginger, Beets, Radishes, Bamboo Shoots, Water Chestnuts
C Tier: Cabbage, Lettuce, Kale, Rocket (Arugula)
D Tier: Olives 🤢 Mushrooms 🤮
??? Tier: Asparagus, Brussel Sprouts, Artichoke, Purple Sweet Potato

S tier: Broccoli, Broccolini, Baby Spinach, Capsicum (Bell Peppers), Bok Choy, Green Beans, Peas, Snow Peas, Carrots, Potato, Sweet Potato, Onions, Garlic, Shallot, Cucumber, Zucchini, Cauliflower, Corn (preferably on the cob), Celery, Tomato, Beans/Lentils, Leeks, Spring Onions, Avocado
A-B tier: Butternut Squash, Turnip, Eggplant, Ginger, Beets, Radishes, Bamboo Shoots, Water Chestnuts
C Tier: Cabbage, Lettuce, Kale, Rocket (Arugula)
D Tier: Olives 🤢 Mushrooms 🤮
??? Tier: Asparagus, Brussel Sprouts, Artichoke, Purple Sweet Potato
I didn't think about answering like this,... I may have to come back in the future with a similar tier style list too! 💕

Back