Do you?

• Yes.

Votes: 57 37.3%
  • No.

Votes: 67 43.8%
  • I used to, but now I do not.

Votes: 29 19.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, I'm a Christian. I grew up in Christian family, but my parents never forced anything onto me. I'm not extremely religious and I often make mistakes (like any human-being), but I do believe there's a God. A couple of years ago I saw something indescribable happen right in front of me, around the time when I was doubting my faith a little, so I believe that he was the only explanation for that.

I don't lash my faith onto other people, just like I don't lash my favorite movies or whatever onto other people.

I'm an atheist, all ways have been. My parents are so I guess that's why. I have no problem with religion though, only when people force it down your throat or use religion as an excuse to be homophobic etc. I also have a problem when people say all religious people are idiots or homophobic and stuff like that because clearly they are not. I could be wrong about my beliefs since I can't prove there isn't a god and I accept that.

I used to be forced into church when I was really little, but we eventually just .. stopped going.

I'd consider myself agnostic, I guess.

Same here. I didn't even know the word for it until a few years ago. I believe there is something or someone out there and believe in fate and karma based of experiences. But I don't delve into it and follow any religions. I respect whatever others believe in as long as that person respects me back. Some people are pushy with their beliefs. I think as long as you know what your morals are, and stay true to yourself , then you are a kind person. Also religion can be very confusing and contradicting so its another reason i stray away from it.

Love the corpse party signature :p

Im an atheist. when i was younger, we had to go to church for school i hated it. no offence, but i find it hard to believe that a man made the world. i respect the belief though. i just hate the people who force religion down your throat like they know its true... Luckily, only a few people are like that. :)

Last edited:
Was raised by Catholic, been to catholic school for 13 years one is for nursery - kinder2 then been transfered to another school for grade school until now (High school) and I'm not religious I stopped going to church when I was grade 1 I dunno the reason so w/e

I'm a confirmed Catholic. That's to say, I went through this whole process of Confirmation.
I don't like shoving beliefs down other peoples' throats - what they want to believe in is their own business. But I also don't appreciate it when people who aren't religious make generalizations about ones that are.

I absolutely do.

Kind of surprised at what a strong choke hold (the media specifically) has on the issue, that even the younger are sure such that the act in general of believing there is some thing more to this world than we could possibly understand is silly and unenlightened.

One problem I've heard is that the original text of the Bible has been rewritten so many times it's lost a lot of it's original context, thus making it hard to tell truth from false Belief. I've read some somewhere saying that the original word "eon" in the Bible was meant as a certain extant of time such as a 100 years or so, not eternity.

This is actually quite far from the truth. They have many transcripts of each part in the Bible and there is on occasion a synonym for a word replaced between the transcripts, but does not change the meaning. Also, if you own a Bible, there are little footnotes that will say a. "some transcripts, ___" or something of the sort.

No. I used to go to a Catholic school without being Catholic though.
And I felt so awkward during religion classes, mass and everything. ; n ;
I don't even know how I got 95% average in religion that year.

I'm a Catholic who just got confirmed last year. Honestly, I didn't come to realize the importance of my religion until I joined my youth group. Because of them, I can say I'm a proud Vietnamese-American Catholic. :)

I was forced to be Christian when I was younger, I was baptized, went to church, all that stuff. Now I'm agnostic annd don't really care anymore. :p

No affiliation is the largest growing segment in the States, if memory serves. A large segment of this group believe in a Higher Power but do not follow 'organized' religion. They believe in God but do not pay particular attention to the religious authorities, and their interpretations of the holy texts; the church is within. Such people might be referred to as theistic agnostics: they lack certainty, but are still inclined toward God; i.e., belief in God remains far more attractive, whether he is a 'personal' God, or impersonal like for many deists.

As for me, my side of the spectrum is also more toward 'doubt,' but it is atheistic agnosticism. At least that is how I see it. I know some would contest whether agnosticism and atheism can even be lumped together into one label, and some would even classify atheism as a religious fundamentalism. Part of my reasoning for lumping atheism and agnosticism together is found in Paul Tobin's article, 'Atheism and Agnosticism,' particularly in Thomas H. Huxley, coiner of the term agnosticism, defining it not as 'a creed but a method.'

Relatedly, an acquaintance of mine, Karim Temple, was adamant in wearing the 'agnostic' label at the exclusion of 'atheism' until one of our discussions led to a change of heart:

... I chatted with Hyperion [Zulehan] on Live Messenger and he convinced me to take a different stance on the definition of atheist. I never stopped being agnostic. But I've only ever been agnostic in a purely logical sense. I don't believe there is a God, but logically I could never subscribe to spiritual dogma, for or against. Not at this point.

But I am not sure why he credits me, since he apparently put far more thought into it:

Agnosticism is usually a quality which modifies an overall belief. Some people believe that there is no god and that is final. They are atheists, and they are with dogma. Some people believe that there is no god, but it's just a feeling or a general estimation. They are agnostic atheists. You could also say atheist agnostic, but that would be nitpicking. Theists of all sorts can be agnostic as well. But without the agnosticism, they are dogmatic. The peculiar thing is that "pure" agnosticism, or what can only be described as just "Agnosticism," is dogmatic as well, in that there is no way to ever know for sure whether or not a god exists.

Last edited:
Baptized and confirmed Roman Catholic, I do consider myself as a follower of the religion but in no sense a follower of church, if that makes sense. For the church it really just depends on the clergy there, and they can interpret things in a different sense than you do, which happens a lot for me and often it's why I don't like going to church haha. I just like the religion to have something to believe in, if that makes sense at all, and I know about it from going to religious education classes and church when I was younger and I still have a bible that I can look stuff up in and read from time to time. In addition to that I'm always open to learning about other religions as well, but then again I just like learning about other cultures and often religion ties into that as well. uwu

Back