• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Do you care whether art is genuine or fake?

I prefer genuine paintings for some reason. It just feels odd to me if I'm displaying something in my house and it's fake. However, I have no issue with getting fake statues because the statues still look really cool, especially if they're haunted.

All of my real ones go to the museum and I use the fakes for decoration, but managed to get a couple duplicates so far.

It's a 50/50 for me. If I get a fake painting, I'll use it to decorate my house or island. At the same time, my hopes of donating a painting is crushed when I'm told it is a fake, especially if you bought it from Redd after examining it for a while.

I always buy the real pieces first when Redd comes to visit for my museum, otherwise if I'm just using art as decoration I don't care if its real or fake. One exception is that large green "box" sculpture (I forget the name) where I actually choose to display the fake over the real one because I liked how it looked better with the lid.

Back