• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do villagers remember you, or your island, if they come back?

CalSamurai

Bells
Switch
5956-1886-6573
User Title Color Change
Sorry if someone's already asked this question!

I have like 25 top-tier villagers who I want on my island, however I obviously can't get anywhere near that because of the pointlessly restrictive 10 villager limit.

My idea initially was to rotate them out, use amiibo cards to bring in who I want, and bring back the old ones later, keeping the roster relatively fresh and being able to see all of the villagers that I really want to in the game.

Does anyone know if villagers you bring back with the campsite actually remember you though, or do they totally reset when they leave, and act as if they've never seen you or the island before? If the latter is the case, then that might ruin the immersion quite a lot.

Not sure if it's the same, but I think it might give the same result.

I kicked Elvis out my island to get in a dream villager, after kicking him out, I went to island hop and after a few of them, Elvis was on the island.

He acted as if we've never met before, so I feel as if getting amiibo villagers in your camp might get the same result.

Tabby was my original Peppy. She was one of my dreamies so I was very excited to have her until I realized that her house was the basic peppy house and not the one that's decorated specifically for her. Moved her out and re-invited her via campsite.

Can confirm that she doesn't remember me or any previous interactions. Was pretty sad about it at first, but after a while we became friends again and I didn't mind so much.

Thanks for the info.

It's a real shame, since it obviously reset friendship levels too, and every other attirbute. Feels like a bit of an oversight...

Thanks for the info.

It's a real shame, since it obviously reset friendship levels too, and every other attirbute. Feels like a bit of an oversight...

You could always do what I'm planning on doing. Since I have a lot of amiibos I was thinking of having 9 permanent residents, and a 10th resident that rotates every so often. If you treat this 10th villager as a tourist it might not be so immersion breaking to not have them remember you (sort of like if you go on vacation you might not remember the hotal staff or restaurant employees that you met in your travels)

Back