• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Dirty Secrets Thread. Come confess here!

I think I might actually have micro-transaction issues and it makes me scared to ever go and try to have fun in Vegas like my friend dreams of us doing because I think I may have the inclination to develop a gambling problem.

A few years ago I had a little self-discovery episode where I was bi-curious, but I realise now I'd rather have a male partner anyway. It was a fun thing for me to explore though.

Admittedly I was also a sucker for those stupid RNG lootboxes in games. Eventually I learned my lesson.

most of these are emo-alert
-whenever i share my issues and ask for advice, people tell me to talk to a school councellor. i did a few months ago. all i told her was that my dad was an alcoholic and he yells at me sometimes for not doing my chores, pretty much. if i wanted to see her again she'd have to tell him i was seeing her. im just like screw that. i barely got to tell her any of my issues, most of which would result in parent contact (hurting myself)

-i stole some of my grandma's antidepressants once

-i honestly just want to die. stuff stuff and more stuff. yeah, i know "suicide is a permenant answer to a temporary problem" idc. yeah, "its normal to feel this way as a teenager" idc. its just the way i am and i've been told i'll grow up to be a failure

-i like to vent. but then i beat myself up over it bc my brain associates venting with seeking attention. and i associate seeking attention with being a faker

- yes i've said it a million times but I self harm. and damn its bad. "ohh you're overreacting!" um no im turning mental pain into physical pain

-@ above; I haven't been able to be clean for more than 3 weeks since.. August maybe?

-i mock myself.

Last edited:
A few years ago I had a little self-discovery episode where I was bi-curious, but I realise now I'd rather have a male partner anyway. It was a fun thing for me to explore though.

You think that's bad, when I was about 17 all this LGBT talk they had at my school (mostly experiences of students coming out as whatever) for about a few days I managed to convince myself I might be transgender because I always liked beng a tomboy and I never played with barbies when I was little... and I've made the very stupid mistake of telling my mom about it.

Whenever I think about it now I cringe so hard you have no idea. It was just a silly little moment of confusion, I know that I'm a girl and that I LIKE being girl (honestly right now I feel so stupid for ever doubting it in the first place), but sometimes I wonder if she actually took me seriously...
she's very open minded and I know she would've loved me either way (I'm very lucky to have her <3 ), but I still wish I never gave her that doubt in the first place. All she had to say to me was something along the lines of "lol honey I doubt it, but whatever", but I'd still do anything to take those words back...

Last edited:
most of these are emo-alert
-whenever i share my issues and ask for advice, people tell me to talk to a school councellor. i did a few months ago. all i told her was that my dad was an alcoholic and he yells at me sometimes for not doing my chores, pretty much. if i wanted to see her again she'd have to tell him i was seeing her. im just like screw that. i barely got to tell her any of my issues, most of which would result in parent contact (hurting myself)

-i stole some of my grandma's antidepressants once

-i honestly just want to die. stuff stuff and more stuff. yeah, i know "suicide is a permenant answer to a temporary problem" idc. yeah, "its normal to feel this way as a teenager" idc. its just the way i am and i've been told i'll grow up to be a failure

-i like to vent. but then i beat myself up over it bc my brain associates venting with seeking attention. and i associate seeking attention with being a faker

- yes i've said it a million times but I self harm. and damn its bad. "ohh you're overreacting!" um no im turning mental pain into physical pain

-@ above; I haven't been able to be clean for more than 3 weeks since.. August maybe?

-i mock myself.

does the councellor haveto say why youre seeing them? u could just say to urdad that youve had fights sith ur friends or whatever and she helps u solve stuff or w/e. as for self harm generally those ppl tend to be under an oath that they arent allowed to tell other ppl what u said unless it Really Worries them (ie suicidal thoughts or if u tell them youre soing drugs pr spmething. also they have to tell u before telling others iirc)
u can ask them about it and theyll tell you what they will/will not have to contact parents about.

in my experience they usually want to know some stuff about your self harm (ask to see it, how long has it been going on, are your tools clean and safe to use etc.) but if theyre good they wont tell anyone else or super freak out.

obviously this is all your decision and idk what ur counsellor is like but if u feel u need help you should get help.

well like
she said that she wouldnt tell my dad /what/ we were talking about, just that we were talking. but then if she did say we were talking, my dad would probably make me tell him. she told me that the details will be discreet except if i was hurting myself, had suicidal thoughts, was doing drugs, or was going to hurt someone else. i feel like i cant really get the full help if i cant give all the details.
idrk though. i was actually thinking of seeing her for an entirely seperate reason involving my friend last week.

don't judge don't judge don't judge >_<

i knew a guy was cheating on his girlfriend (of 6 years!) with me, but i was being selfish and lonely and didnt care so i would hit him up to come over so we could hook up anyway lol. something about being a side chick was kind of...exciting.
but after a couple of rounds i stopped hitting him up, mainly cause i got bored with him :p
i dont tell any my friends this hahah

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sooooo, I went through 6 months of treatment for an eating disorder that I've had basically my whole life (and still have to an extent). I feel like I am lying to people by omitting the fact that I have it, but at the same time am scared that people will tell me that I don't 'look' like I have one or assume which one I have. Even w/o mentioning it people comment on my (lack of) food intake and the choices I make and even though it hurts me, I don't want to make them embarrassed for saying those stupid things by telling them the truth. I don't know if it's something anyone can relate with.. it's eating at me though (no pun intended lol).
Feel free to reply, it won't make me uncomfortable

I recovered from an eating disorder, I know how tough it is to go through. I even considered dropping out of college and went to the counselor of my university to talk about it, I was too hungry to study, but I rather not eat than gain weight to get the grades. I remember having an actual fear of my weight going up. And if I did eat I planned my meals very accordingly making sure I counted an exact measurement of the calories by weighing all my food. It took so much time out of me and exhausted me. I completely understand the impact of viewing your body in a negative light. But I got out of it, I switched to veganism which allowed me to eat so much and feel so full but it being such less calories. Veganism honestly cured me, it made me feel amazing in so many ways knowing the impact behind it (ethical/environment/health), as well as including enjoyable exercises like on the bike. I went from unattractive thin to a nice body with abs and I honestly loved my body. I hope you get out of it, don't be afraid to talk about it. So many people go through it, and you're not alone <3

I'm into some weird stuff. Really, really weird stuff.

Also, when people get hurt, I find it just a little bit too funny.

-I'm pretty sure by now that I'm bisexual. Don't know why I never realized it earlier. :p
-I landed a job at Burger King but the people who worked there and the conditions of the area really put me off. Plus the "boss" was incredibly scary and I'm not very good at dealing with intimidating people. So I told everyone I got fired when in actuality I quit. I really needed a job at the time too. ='D

I used to shoplift as a teenager. And not just like a pack of gum, but probably around $50 worth of stuff every time.

With the age that I am, I sometimes think that maybe something is wrong with me since I've never touched alcohol and drugs. With society and my generation right now, I regret having never done them sometimes because I feel like I would fit in and be able to meet more people if I did associate with alcohol and marijuana. However, I've never been able to bring myself to touch the stuff.

I talk behind people's backs, but it's normally 'cause I know they do the same to me. It's unhealthy but if they aren't gonna talk to me directly, I don't feel the need to talk to them directly.

I regret 98% of the things I did on TBT in the past and it's the reason why I left for 6-7 months

Well, I've had more... "lewd nights" with people than I should have had at this age.

- - - Post Merge - - -

(Addition:)

I smoked weed a few times for New Year's and Christmas.

Both of these I was age 7-10.

I once stuck a spoon in a powered-on toaster cause why not. Somehow, I didn't get electrocuted! But sparks flew everywhere.

I also set a short, thick piece of rope on fire and then panicked and quickly ran to put it in the bin while flaming pieces of rope fell and singed the carpet.

I nearly drowned my baby sister when she was first born. On accident. I was feeding her with a bottle and would squeeze milk in to her mouth whenever she stopped to breathe. I thought I was helping. Whoops.

She's 16 now. She's fine.

Back