Did you ever got disappointed of how a TV show ended?

Sweetley

- Gone -
Bells
It's a normal thing: You start to watch a certain TV show, you falling in love with said
TV show that you become a fan of it, you hope that the TV show would end how you
(and maybe many other fans) imagined... And then it ends in the most dumbest way
ever. Basically, a finale that disappointed you so much that you maybe even start to
lose interest in it or even think that you wasted your time watching the whole show.

So yeah, ever got disappointed of how a TV show ended?

I was kinda disappointed of how Star vs the Forces of Evil ended. Don't get me wrong,
it was a nice ending, but overall would have maybe worked better if the final episode
would have been longer then just 22 minutes. It sucks that the show ended after 4
seasons, as it feels like another season would have helped to wrapped up the story
much better. But yeah...

Also didn't like how BBC Sherlock ended back then. Season 4 was just trash and the
ending so... Ugh. Could have been much better with less Mary Waston who still had
to annoying one even after she was dead.

ironic how this was posted mere hours after the end of game of thrones

honestly what was that

Not a "TV show" but I was kinda disappointed by Charlotte's ending. The whole anime was very cool and thought out but the ending felt a bit rushed for some reason? So yeah, I was a bit disappointed.

honestly what was that

I haven’t watched it yet but I’m already prepared to be disappointed lol

There’s loads of TV shows that ended badly imo, like Dexter, Lost, etc. X-files reboot I was excited for but then was let down. They should have just left it alone. I pretty much quit walking dead because I already felt like it was just not the same with certain characters. Maybe these tv shows their run was just too long and writers got lazy? Or when the mains decide to quit the show it just goes downhill from there? Idk... I will say one tv show that ended RIGHT and that’s breaking bad. And the wire. Lol

edit yes, put GOT on the list of terrible endings. wtf.

Last edited:
I was disappointed by Lost. And now.. with Game of Thrones...
At least I have Avatar: The Last Airbender and Breaking Bad that had amazing series finales.

- - - Post Merge - - -

honestly what was that

LOL this was my exact thought when I read the thread title.

I didn?t realize Star vs. had gone off! I?d liked what I?d seen of it, maybe now?s the time to watch the whole series.

I was really disappointed by the How I Met Your Mother finale. Watching it back now, it?s kind of obvious based on the way the eighth season played out (and maybe I just willfully ignored it?) but I still think it?s lame that they threw away all their character development for an ending that just didn?t make sense for the characters anymore.

Last edited:
I agree with Sherlock. I liked the first two episodes of season 4 but the last one...what was that? The only saving grace was Motiarty in the helicopter but then they pulled the ‘five years earlier’ thing.

And yes GOT. I’m glad people are rallying about how terrible it is. That petition had 1.2 million signatures now and climbing. It’ll never work- but it’s not about that it’s about sending a message lol

honestly what was that

Lol, but just for information: This thread was not made because of the GOT finale (as I don't
even watch this show), I actually came up with the idea of making this thread because one
of my favorite shows (Star vs. the Forces of Evil) ended and I saw many fans which where
disappointed about the final episode of this show and yeah...

I agree with Sherlock. I liked the first two episodes of season 4 but the last one...what was that? The only saving grace was Motiarty in the helicopter but then they pulled the ?five years earlier? thing.
Yeah, the whole thing with Moriarty was at first cool, but then they have to pull this thing, ugh.
I also find that whole part with Sherlock's sister just dumb and that part at the very end with
Mary's speech on DVD and how Sherlock and John run in slow motion out of that building...
That was just cheesy and kinda cringey in my opinion.

Yeah, the whole thing with Moriarty was at first cool, but then they have to pull this thing, ugh.
I also find that whole part with Sherlock's sister just dumb and that part at the very end with
Mary's speech on DVD and how Sherlock and John run in slow motion out of that building...
That was just cheesy and kinda cringey in my opinion.

I remember at the time everybody was theorizing and going nuts about a secret Holmes brother so when it turned out to be a secret sister instead I thought that was a good twist! It's just everything after the her reveal that was so wrong. The entire final episode was a hot mess. It was more like a Saw movie than a Sherlock episode.

Naruto completely went downhill after the Pain arc. Dragon Ball Super is pretty meh as well.

I was kinda annoyed by the ending of LOST, it just felt like it wasn't a satisfying answer for all the questions they gave us.

I didn’t like how the Legend of Korra ended. I thought it was kind of a cop out to say, “Oh, well now I understand why you attacked me, Kuvira. It’s because there will always be evil in this world and they’ll always be jealous of me” or whatever. Like no **** there’s always going to be evil in the world, everything’s not just going to be sunshine and rainbows all the time. Well, to be fair, the show kind of went downhill after the second season so...

the ending of Switched at Birth felt really anticlimactic. they just gave up on what to do so they just threw things together for the finale

Star vs the forces of evil ending wasn't bad, it just left everything on a cliff hanger rather than fully ending something. I mean, adventure time did the same thing. I guess the ending of the show may come off as bad due to the people wanting another season. The first step of accepting death is denial, I think.

I was really disappointed by the How I Met Your Mother finale. Watching it back now, it?s kind of obvious based on the way the eighth season played out (and maybe I just willfully ignored it?) but I still think it?s lame that they threw away all their character development for an ending that just didn?t make sense for the characters anymore.

Yes, I totally agree with this. I've been saying the same thing. I just don't understand why they would build up these characters and then destroy all their development at the very end. I wasn't even upset about what happened with the mother, or any of that. Just why ruin the characters and have them backtrack? It made everything feel like a waste of time.

Also, I think most anime endings are not very good for some reason.

I will say this, though. What upsets me more than a bad ending is when a show doesn't end when it clearly should. When the producers try to milk an extra season or two or ten out of a show that's clearly reached it's peak, it never goes well. I prefer when a show has a definitive story to tell, it tells that story, and then it ends. That leaves a much better taste in my mouth than a show that drags on for far too long.

All of these comments about Lost make me glad I gave up on it. I watched it every time a new episode came up, starting from season 1, until the second to last season. They had so many mysteries at that point that there was no possible way they could solve them all. It felt like they were introducing mysteries to introduce mysteries and for no good reason. I decided to drop it.

I love Quantum Leap, but that show has a disappointing last episode.

Also, I think most anime endings are not very good for some reason.

That's because too much anime is an adaptation of an incomplete manga or light novel. Suddenly the show will just stop. Or maybe they'll make up some stupid ending because they know they aren't going to bother to wait for the source material to end.

It's really too bad, because some anime is better than the source material and deserves more. A good example of that is No Game No Life. The light novels for that are... ugh.

Back