• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mafia Dethy in July- Mafioso win!

It was a terrible decision to all post who we were going to target and the fact that @Damniel won't show us which kind of detective Cassandra was gives off the vibe that her detective role was crucial to ending this game extremely early. Atleast, that's my theory. I doubt we can determine which role is assigned to who anymore so using that to our advantage is ultimately useless w/o a process of elimination.

I'm starting to think volt is Mafia, I'm going to look back into their posts and determine if my hunch is correct or not. Give me time to form a SoS.
Post automatically merged:

BTW, I stuck with my vote on Cassandra just in case mafia wouldn't vote them off.
nah i think we can still figure this one out
if im mafia or not will be shown by inconsistences on the analysis, ive been one of the first to post my inspection both times so I cant possibly know how things would go
as long as the rest have an inspection im sure we can figure at least one detective or clear another person

@guav@ posts - https://www.belltreeforums.com/search/606478/
@voltairenism posts - https://www.belltreeforums.com/search/606479/
@Antonio posts - https://www.belltreeforums.com/search/606480/
@Catharina266 posts - https://www.belltreeforums.com/search/606481/
@Miss Misty posts - https://www.belltreeforums.com/search/606482/

nah i think we can still figure this one outcoordinate
if im mafia or not will be shown by inconsistences on the analysis, ive been one of the first to post my inspection both times so I cant possibly know how things would go
as long as the rest have an inspection im sure we can figure at least one detective or clear another person
I doubt we can figure this out, especially since there's no way to guarantee which role is assigned to who. Plus, since we can't coordinate are inspects anymore due to mafia most likely killing them off, it's safe to say we can't accurately determine who is aligned with who.

This game has became less fun due to the night posts. 😭

btw i asked dan abt the rule about inspection on someone that would die and he said we would still get the results, hence why i said we should go for cath

@guav@ posts - https://www.belltreeforums.com/search/606478/
@voltairenism posts - https://www.belltreeforums.com/search/606479/
@Antonio posts - https://www.belltreeforums.com/search/606480/
@Catharina266 posts - https://www.belltreeforums.com/search/606481/
@Miss Misty posts - https://www.belltreeforums.com/search/606482/

I doubt we can figure this out, especially since there's no way to guarantee which role is assigned to who. Plus, since we can't coordinate are inspects anymore due to mafia most likely killing them off, it's safe to say we can't accurately determine who is aligned with who.

This game has became less fun due to the night posts. 😭
yes there is, ive already narrowned mine down to normal or naive. if someone else can only be naive i would be normal, and then cascade from there. sadly because you didnt get an inspection and cath died, we probably wont figure out everyone in one go, but i *think* guava and misty went for me and you
but yeah i think mafia plan of action is to kill who everyone agreed to inspect, so we should just pick someone at our own accords, (thats probaly why obs convincided dan to change the rule but it doesnt matter), but any inspection is valuable information
if we dont kill anyone today, tomorrow is 3v1 and we should get things figured out then to chop correctly

Last edited:
btw i asked dan abt the rule about inspection on someone that would die and he said we would still get the results, hence why i said we should go for cath
Sorry mate but this statement contradicts what damniel has previous stated.

This statement implies two things:
- That you asked this question before day 1 ended
- That damniel provided you an opposite answer compared to what he said in night 1,

Hi all.

@voltairenism
@Miss Misty
@Antonio
@Catharina266
@guav@

I was asked to elaborate on a rule in the game
that i failed to elaborate on in my OP post. Since this question is coming pretty close to deadline and may change people’s perspective on their action. I will be extending the
night so it will end at tomorrow, 2PM EST
, to give everyone time to read this. I plan to now base phase deadlines around this time to stay within everyone’s time zones. Please let me know if this is an issue with anyone.

If a detective’s target is killed that night, they will NOT get back an inspection result on them.

Please do not read into the context of this question. it was asked by an observer, but I felt the information was important to convey to the players. Like before, you are free to change your actions until the deadline.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy the remaining of your sundays.

- Damniel clearly stated that this question came "pretty close to deadline" implying that the question was asked near the end of night 2, hence why he extended it. You were also online during the near end of night 2 based on what time you like the post so you can't deny you weren't online around that time:
1627931194643.png

I'm more inclined to believe you asked such a question near EON then during the day 1 phrase.
- Damniel clearly stated that a killed person would not return an inspection during the night. I doubt this was changed during the game, especially near EON because Damniel clearly stated he failed to elaborate on this during OP, implying this was an intended rule from the start.

I don't understand why you would lie about something obviously stated, it's sus imo.

Sorry mate but this statement contradicts what damniel has previous stated.

This statement implies two things:
- That you asked this question before day 1 ended
- That damniel provided you an opposite answer compared to what he said in night 1,
yes thats literally what happened haha
@Damniel can you confirm this one for me

The sanity of detectives is never revealed upon death, that is a staple in dethys on TBT and in general.

The change made last night happened with an observer. Not a player.

I will confirm that voltairenism asked me a question regarding that earlier to my discussion with the observer, but I will not speak further on it.

The sanity of detectives is never revealed upon death, that is a staple in dethys on TBT and in general.

The change made last night happened with an observer. Not a player.

I will confirm that voltairenism asked me a question regarding that earlier to my discussion with the observer, but I will not speak further on it.
I'm sorry but I refuse to play a game that is changing rules halfway through if you told volt something different that what was the rule. Please find me a replacement because I do not wish to play anymore. Thank you.

I inspected Antonio's slot and got town. I think that means something fishy is afoot based on what Volt said earlier about three towns being a sus scenario, but getting absolutely no day 2 information out of both Catharina and Antonio's slot is a pretty big blow. Guess we'll have to wait and see what Guava's dug up.

(Regarding the 'rule change'/forgetting to mention the rule thing: I really don't know what to say. Kinda hard to say anything without knowing the wording of Volt's question vs the wording of the obs chat's question. I'm prepared to take it all at face value and finish the game)

I inspected Antonio's slot and got town. I think that means something fishy is afoot based on what Volt said earlier about three towns being a sus scenario, but getting absolutely no day 2 information out of both Catharina and Antonio's slot is a pretty big blow. Guess we'll have to wait and see what Guava's dug up.

(Regarding the 'rule change'/forgetting to mention the rule thing: I really don't know what to say. Kinda hard to say anything without knowing the wording of Volt's question vs the wording of the obs chat's question. I'm prepared to take it all at face value and finish the game)
that means antonio's slot is town. inclined to vote off guava today, but i guess i need to prove im town first

btw my reasoning to vote off guava is because misty said she got antonio town and it was very easy for her to lie and say got antonio mafia and not clead antonio. so the only one left is guava
but uhh misty still could have done a 500 iq move to land on this exact scenario
or it can backfire and get 2/2 votes on me and guava and it rand and i die so yeah prob not worth

that means antonio's slot is town. inclined to vote off guava today, but i guess i need to prove im town first
I mean I might be wrong about this but I think if both Catharina and Antonio's slot are town then you're town too, Volt. The only way you wouldn't be is if one of those two - again, confirmed townies - were lying about their inspection for some reason.

Per your list from the other day and taking what we know today into account:
assuming volt is mafia
antonio is paranoid/normal
guava is normal/naive
misty is inverse/naive
catharina is normal/paranoid
misty must be inverse
making guava naive
Like you said, for you to be mafia, one of them would have to be paranoid (which would yield mafia regardless) and the other would have to be normal. Me getting town on you then would peg me as either inverse or naive. Guava getting town on Antonio's slot would be either normal or naive. Since one of Catharina and Antonio's slot has to be normal in that case, Guava must be naive which means I must be inverse. But I can't be inverse because I got two town results. Which I think clears you? I dunno, I just know we're in MYLO today so I don't want people throwing votes around willy-nilly.

I mean I might be wrong about this but I think if both Catharina and Antonio's slot are town then you're town too, Volt. The only way you wouldn't be is if one of those two - again, confirmed townies - were lying about their inspection for some reason.

Per your list from the other day and taking what we know today into account:

Like you said, for you to be mafia, one of them would have to be paranoid (which would yield mafia regardless) and the other would have to be normal. Me getting town on you then would peg me as either inverse or naive. Guava getting town on Antonio's slot would be either normal or naive. Since one of Catharina and Antonio's slot has to be normal in that case, Guava must be naive which means I must be inverse. But I can't be inverse because I got two town results. Which I think clears you? I dunno, I just know we're in MYLO today so I don't want people throwing votes around willy-nilly.
i was waiting for guava result to make the whole think but you are right. no one is inverse in this scenario

assuming guava is mafia
antonio is paranoid/inverse
misty is normal/naive
volt is normal/naive
catharina is inverse/paranoid
i can be normal and you naive and vice-versa so guava not cleared

assuming misty is mafia
antonio is inverse/paranoid
volt is normal/naive
guava is normal/naive
catharina is inverse/paranoid
also can't from this one
only info about me so same as yesterday, you are not cleared

if guava is rly mafia she will just straight up not show up or say she got town on me
honestly i think i feel kinda safe to vote guava, but yeah i didn't realized we are at mylo, I was counting cath haha

I cant investigate antonio or guava, because I did already, so i should investigate misty
antonio slot cant investigate me, so he should investigate guava or misty
misty can only investigate guava
but if guava or misty dies, game is won for town, so me or antonio slot is going to die, but no one is going to investigate us so we will definitely have info tomorrow

Last edited:
The thing that worries me is that you could be naive in either scenario. And Sheep Villager could be paranoid in either scenario. So tomorrow could end up with me and Guava

6d78ec0c8c8eaf31.png

at each other.

Howdy! This will be my first game of Mafia in general even though I've lurked a lot on here so I have the brainpower of a muskrat but I'm here now. I am unfortunately about to go sleep due to timezones but I'll give everything a read tomorrow and try to bring in my two cents properly then. Mainly posting to let everyone know I'm alive.​

The thing that worries me is that you could be naive in either scenario. And Sheep Villager could be paranoid in either scenario. So tomorrow could end up with me and Guava

6d78ec0c8c8eaf31.png

at each other.
ehhhhh thats true but we sure will find another sus thing that will clear either you or guava. i hope 🥴

Howdy! This will be my first game of Mafia in general even though I've lurked a lot on here so I have the brainpower of a muskrat but I'm here now. I am unfortunately about to go sleep due to timezones but I'll give everything a read tomorrow and try to bring in my two cents properly then. Mainly posting to let everyone know I'm alive.​
welcome!! sure youll do well and good night ~

Hello everyone!

Reading

Im sane o naive

I have
Antonio town
Volt Town

Who was your N0 target?

Antonio (Sheep)
Volt Mafia

Volt
Antonio town

Miss misty
Volt Town

Guava (Me)
Antonio Town
Volt Town

Catherina
Volt Mafia

Based on this

The mafia pool
Is always Volt, Misty and Me. Because N0 got 3 town results which means one of us is dying.

The mafia reads are always true

So I think it's
Misty Inverse
Catherina Antonio (Sheep) Paranoid/Normal
Me Naive

It's always volt

##Vote Volt

Yeah
Catherina/Antonio need to be sane/inverse
Misty is reversed

Antonio/Catherina can't be inverse because the third investigation needed to be mafia for that to make sense, so they have to be sane/paranoid

Naive is me, so Volt should have killed me.

Also sorry sheep I solved it so quickly :(

Last edited:
Back