• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Desert island escape info

Not really I always changed my team
2 who will always be there are my Savannah and Lionel (hearty traveler and fearless)
The 3 me its depending of the island sometime I take Aurora the swimmer or bangle the lone wolf because she can explore apart and well can plan for 2 because lone wolf it's alone
But with a swimmer I can cross the sea sometime getting those island
I'm missing 3 levels just to get them on 37000
But the 2 star level are 50,000 !!!! I just can only reach to 45,... Something if I'm lucky if not less

- - - Post Merge - - -

But hmm... It will be cool if everyone add their strategy and people can use that

It's very challenging, I think I'll play some more of it tonight and hopefully I can figure something out.
And yeah it'd be very cool if everyone were to share their strategies!

Last edited:
Katrina - Whimsy (Likes Cherry)
Lief - Sleepy (Likes orange)
Leila - Swimmer (Likes lychee)
Blancha - Fish Fetcher (Likes durian)
K.K. (Normal non DJ) - Sniff 'Em Out' (likes coconut)
Shrunk -Lone wolf (likes coconut)

Last edited:
This is a great thread! I was hoping someone would do this! ❤️

I really love this awesome mini game ... a new layer in ACNL which I already loved, and now this hidden gem! ❤️
At this point I have completed every level in Beginner (there are 10 in each) ... all but the last four in Intermediate, and all but the last two in advanced.
I used both methods for acquiring my characters, bought some with play coins, but the majority I scanned from Amiibo cards.

A few comments ...
in trying different teams, I personally found my consistently best team consists of:
1) Any Dog (I used Mac) for their ability to sniff out and reveal where the good stuff is on adjacent squares ... only three moves though, and a fairly decent fighter
2) a Whimsy (I used Canberra) for the ability of 7 moves, excellent fighters and help you spread out on your map ... downside is the little booger will sometimes not move at all (you spin a wheel each time and get either 7 moves or zero ... sometimes though, even if your wheel lands on zero he will choose seven anyway) ... so whimsies are kind of unpredictable but I swear by using them :rolleyes:
3) Any elephant (I chose Tucker) only three moves, are great fighters, and have the great ability to smash rock obstacles ... plan their path carefully because they smash every obstacle on the adjacent square to where they are standing ... great for getting through mountains and making new paths.
(I may need to add a swimmer for levels coming up)

When I completed all the beginner levels I won a Wii U Station ... very cool :cool:
For unlocking the Advanced levels I won the water floor and for unlocking the intermediate levels I won the seascape wall ... I am just about to complete the intermediate levels (yes, I jumped around :rolleyes:) and for that I will win the Wii U Gameshelf! ... I have won a few Meow coupons and, oh! Major excitement ... I won a frying pan! Lol ... can't remember what for ... haha

Thanks everyone I haven't abandoned yet new leaf but since sun& moon came I been playing that game so I took a hiatus
And then at nov. 28 a family member pass that just put me depressed in the first week and I'm still hurt but getting better each day so I'm still taking it easy so I'm or playing newest yet
But as soon as I play and get my spirit back IL promise IL edit this with the info you guys gave me

So thanks for the info as soon as I feel better IL get into these

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thanks everyone I haven't abandoned yet new leaf but since sun& moon came I been playing that game so I took a hiatus
And then at nov. 28 a family member pass that just put me depressed in the first week and I'm still hurt but getting better each day so I'm still taking it easy so I'm or playing newest yet
But as soon as I play and get my spirit back IL promise IL edit this with the info you guys gave me

So thanks for the info as soon as I feel better IL get into these

A few questions, why do some of the abilities have two names? For example "Soft-Footed or stealthy movement" Is this because they are translated differently in the different localizations or are there really two names for the same ability that some characters have?

Second, do ALL characters with a given ability have the same fruit preference? I've heard different things.

A few questions, why do some of the abilities have two names? For example "Soft-Footed or stealthy movement" Is this because they are translated differently in the different localizations or are there really two names for the same ability that some characters have?

Second, do ALL characters with a given ability have the same fruit preference? I've heard different things.

Yes and no if your say it's soft-footed for all of them who has the ability it's call like that it just depends where you are

And depending on the ability they each got a favorite fruit
I know all of them I just need to edit this soon
Maybe tomorrow :/

i fianlly updated majority :)

i still need to add the news animal as in sanrio and welcome amiibo villager but a little later
and still missing some few favorite fruit for the abilty would like everyone help and ncp if you know them and arent there

I haven't managed to unlock desert island escape yet but i'm sure this'll come in handy for when I do. It appears to be a very well done and informative guide so kudos to you for making this. It's pretty awesome, hopefully this manages to stay on the front page of this forum so I can find it when I eventually go looking for it. ^-^ Thanks for this!

Back