[deleted]

If you played the Wedding Season last year would you play it again?

• Yes

Votes: 54 50.5%
  • No

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 22 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As a returning player to the event, I like the event fine. I love weddings. It is really cute. I love the chance to see Reese and Cyrus again. I'm used to repeating events in the series, so the fact that it is exactly the same doesn't bother me.

I do wish that the new wedding items were unlockable through the event instead of just through Nook's Shopping App. But, it is nice to be able to get them right away.

im going to play the wedding event again because i just reset

Does anyone know if the new items from the Nook Shopping tab are customizable like the ones you order from Cyrus, or if you have to wait for the color variants to show up?

I will play, but not sure if I'll do the entire month. There are a few things I'd like to get extras for - the flower stand so I can make a wand, some benches, stuff like that.

Once I have everything, in the amounts I want, I may skip the rest of it. It'll probably come down to how much time I have for things.

On the plus side, it does add up flights for getting Dodo rewards.

I just played the first day and literally nothing changed from last year. At least Reese and Cyrus remember you so it's not completely robotic. I'm guessing the "new twist" are the Shopping items. I'll play the first week or so and then move on.

Honestly I'm more bothered that Reese and Cyrus are now repetitive cameo characters once a year. They could easily have made them have a shop or SOME service on the island (or Harv's island) where Cyrus customized the furniture that we can't, but of course not because that would be pro-consumer and take away from the "MuLtIpLaYeR and TrAdInG!! online subscription available now!!!" agenda. Just another month as an AC fan it seems.
Thats what I was hoping too but we didn't get that last year. I mean you would think they would be appreciated after we've done so much for them that they would want to move in on our island and setup their Re-Tail shop just like how they had it in New Leaf. I mean seriously, remember how in the beginning in the game when Mabel was the very first NPC villager to show up and when you talked to her and bought stuff from her (it has to be more than 5,000 bells) she would be interested in setting up shop, none of the other NPCs who show up do that sorta thing.

Anyways I'm going on a tangent, but yeah it would be great if Reese and Cyrus can setup shop on our islands. At least give them more of a reason to come back instead of just using them as like cameo appearances just for one event.

Reactions: JSS
I just played it today for the first time since last year and had a lot of fun with it.

Sure you can cheat the system and just spam random stuff and still get a good rating, but that's just cheating yourself out of some designing fun.

From what I remember of last year, there aren't enough different themes to last a whole month, so I won't do it for the whole month. But for now, there are some items I would like more of, so I will have some fun and get some goodies.

Also, I'm loving the look of the new items. Looking forward to getting them in the mail tomorrow.

But yeah, I like the event. It makes a nice change of pace.

Ayy, Happy Home Designer: The Event is back!

I got a wedding decoration from Reece, which I apparently didn't get last year (going by the fact that it turned up in the catalog app), which was nice.

Also appreciate the "hey, you did this last year, nice to see you again!" dialog they've added.

Think I'm going to try and do some more interesting things this time around, rather than just "throw a load of wedding stuff into a room, film filter on my NookPhone, snap, done"

At the same time, although I don't really feel the need for Reece and Cyrus to come to my island (given the Nooklings have rightfully taken back the throne of being the most important shop in my town), I wonder what's going to happen if they make a shopping area in future (and have an online auction house type thing), given they're on Harv's island for the entire month of June. On the other hand, "if"'s the key word there, this is all speculation.

But yeah, nice to see AC's husband and wife team back, hopefully the rumours are true and there's another update coming at the end of this month, which means I just have to spend some time doing this!

I am a little disappointed that the new items aren’t with Cyrus. It seems kinda cheap to be able to get them directly from the Nook store, rather than working through the event to get them. Granted, I am not a big fan of the event in general, but I like to feel like I put in the time to earn the new stuff. I bought what I wanted this morning, and then put in an obligatory stop to Harv’s just to say I participated. Fingers crossed more content is coming at E3 soon.

I played today and I'm going to play it a few more times. I don't even care for weddings but the wedding items from last year are some of the most beautiful items in the game and there are a few I wouldn't mind having more of. To me the majority of them are pretty versatile and can be used for things other than weddings. The event itself has always been repetitive but at least it is something daily to do for a long period of time that gives you good rewards. I do agree with people saying it's a bit weird that the new items aren't from Cyrus. I would love if they let us trade heart crystals for them instead. It would make sense and would motivate me to play the event more. I mean shouldn't that be their goal? To get people who played last year to play again for new rewards? Why do older players that got everything they wanted last year have to order new stuff in the mail? How incredibly boring. The few new items are very beautiful though.

I also love that Reese acknowledges that I helped them last year. I thought that was cute.

Last edited:
Why do older players that got everything they wanted last year have to order new stuff in the mail? How incredibly boring.
This is the same feeling that I've been feeling too. With all due respect I don't have an issue with events repeating, but the problem I have is since I'm a returning player, I want to have a reason to participate in the event so that way I don't feel like its the exact same as year. Considering what they did with Bunny Day while they did add a new feature to make villagers run up to you to collect Bunny Day eggs/diys, and they added new items to the nook shop it does not really give me enough of a reason to play. I found out that even if you got all the Bunny Day DIYS from last year you get duplicate items of the items you already gotten.

Thats not really that good. I understand that its for new players who never played the event last year that never gotten the items, thats not the problem I have. The real problem is that there is really no reason for a returning player like myself to participate in it, because it lacks actual "new" things to do in the event. Yeah I know there is Bunny Day items at the shop but again its just items for decoration and its not really my style. Its the same thing going on with the Wedding Event.

I only hope that Nintendo tries to add new content to past events to give returning players like myself a reason to replay the event even though I already played it last year. Not trying to sound negative, but I'm just saying how it is with the way they've done with the Bunny Day event. At least with the May Day event they changed the map and the reward you get at the end if you played last year. They need to focus on the returning players as well. If its just for new players only its going to be a balance issue between the player base.

I'm a new player to the wedding event and I'm disappointed. I was really hoping after the ceremony and the reception we'd get like, some vacation photos and then moving 'moving day' as they remember moving into their first home together kinda thing. While I like some of the upcoming rewards, it is super boring to bounce between ceremony and reception. I know, the event is optional, but the rewards I want are farther into the event and I just really thought they'd have more going on than just the two things.

i wasn’t planning on doing it again this year as events tend to be ‘one and done’ for me but since my interior design style has changed a bit since last year, i wanted to try it out on reese and cyrus and am glad that i did so! i’ve been having fun coming up with a new idea each day and trying to recreate photos that i come across online. i just messily threw whatever reese wanted together to get it over with last year so it feels nice to be more creative this time around. :)

I am happy that I was able to fully complete the Wedding Season event last year.
I kept on decorating the room how Reece and Cyrus wanted it and collected the Heart Crystals until around the 21st of June and then I bought everything by using checklist that I have put in a spoiler.

I have added the total of Heart Crystals that you need and the grand total at the bottom of the checklist.
I have split them all up in bundles of eight as that is the maximum that Cyrus lets you order per day.

21st of June (Requires 34 Heart Crystals in total)

1. Wedding Bench (Chic) [] (5 Heart Crystals)
2. Wedding Bench (Garden) [] (5 Heart Crystals)
3. Wedding Decoration (Cute) [] (3 Heart Crystals)
4. Wedding Decoration (Chic) [] (3 Heart Crystals)
5. Wedding Decoration (Garden) [] (3 Heart Crystals)
6. Wedding Table (Chic) [] (6 Heart Crystals)
7. Wedding Table (Garden) [] (6 Heart Crystals)
8. Wedding Chair (Cute) [] (3 Heart Crystals)

22nd of June (Requires 30 Heart Crystals in total)

1. Wedding Chair (Chic) [] (3 Heart Crystals)
2. Wedding Chair (Garden) [] (3 Heart Crystals)
3. Wedding Flower Stand (Chic) [] (4 Heart Crystals)
4. Wedding Flower Stand (Garden) [] (4 Heart Crystals)
5. Wedding Flower Stand (Cute, Chic or Garden) [] (4 Heart Crystals)
6. Wedding Candle Set (Cute) [] (4 Heart Crystals)
7. Wedding Candle Set (Chic) [] (4 Heart Crystals)
8. Wedding Candle Set (Garden) [] (4 Heart Crystals)

23rd of June (Requires 127 Heart Crystals in total)

1. Wedding Head Table (Chic) [] (6 Heart Crystals)
2. Wedding Head Table (Garden) [] (6 Heart Crystals)
3. Wedding Cake (Cute) [] (5 Heart Crystals)
4. Wedding Cake (Chic) [] (5 Heart Crystals)
5. Wedding Cake (Garden) [] (5 Heart Crystals)
6. Wedding Pipe Organ (Chic) [] (40 Heart Crystals)
7. Wedding Pipe Organ (Garden) [] (40 Heart Crystals)
8. Wedding Arch (Chic) [] (20 Heart Crystals)

24th of June (Requires 62 Heart Crystals in total)

1. Wedding Arch (Garden) [] (20 Heart Crystals)
2. Wedding Welcome Board (Cute) [] (5 Heart Crystals)
3. Wedding Welcome Board (Chic) [] (5 Heart Crystals)
4. Wedding Welcome Board (Garden) [] (5 Heart Crystals)
5. Wedding Welcome Board (Cute, Chic or Garden) [] (5 Heart Crystals)
6. Wedding Welcome Board (Cute, Chic or Garden) [] (5 Heart Crystals)
7. Wedding Welcome Board (Cute, Chic or Garden) [] (5 Heart Crystals)
8. White Wedding Wall [] (12 Heart Crystals)

25th of June (Requires 80 Heart Crystals in total)

1. Wedding Party Wall [] (12 Heart Crystals)
2. Brown Wedding Wall [] (12 Heart Crystals)
3. Green Wedding Wall [] (12 Heart Crystals)
4. White Wedding Flooring [] (12 Heart Crystals)
5. Brown Wedding Flooring [] (12 Heart Crystals)
6. Green Wedding Flooring [] (12 Heart Crystals)
7. Blue Wedding Rug [] (4 Heart Crystals)
8. Red Wedding Rug [] (4 Heart Crystals)

26th of June (Requires 68 Heart Crystals in total)

1. White Wedding Rug [] (4 Heart Crystals)
2. Cake Dress [] (20 Heart Crystals)
3. Wedding Tuxedo [] (20 Heart Crystals)
4. Wedding Pumps [] (6 Heart Crystals)
5. Wedding Shoes [] (6 Heart Crystals)
6. Bridal Veil [] (12 Heart Crystals)

Total Heart Crystals Required: 401

I was initially only planning to redo the event for the first seven days as last year I played all thirty days, but since I'm still trying to get the DAL Pilot Jacket and DAL Model Plane it's been serving as a helpful reminder to visit Harv's Island once every day!
Plus, now that I've been redoing my interior, I've turned the attic into a seasonal/party room so it's been nice to be able to get my hands on more wedding items without needing to trade/buy online.

The wedding event is, for me, the least interesting of all the seasonal events in the game.

Several reasons. For one thing, I don't have a single romantic bone in my body. (It's a good thing my husband hasn't any either. Haha.) Secondly, even though I think Reese and Cyrus make a cute couple, they're not among my favourite NPCs. Thirdly, and probably most importantly, I don't enjoy decorating in AC. It isn't why I play AC. And to have to do something I don't enjoy repeatedly makes me irritable.

I played the event last year so I didn't play it again. I'm relieved that all I needed to do was order the new item.

I have PCs that have yet to get the wedding fence and bouquet wand DIY recipes so yes I will be playing it again. It gives me peace of mind knowing that I have all available DIYs in my collection.

Back