• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Death by Design: An Animal Crossing Mafia [day2]

Sorry again, Kallie. yes it was a lesson learned. I was actually on the edge when you and Evan are having heated discussion because you are supposed to protect each other , but the reverse is happening. Thank you so much for pointing out the imbalance, and for playing this game albeit the confusion.

tbh i thought you and kirby wouldve balanced this game, like, it seemed SO op that i was like..this cant be actually real..looks like it was lmao

anyway sorry evan, i honestly thought after all these games of unbalance that this game role wouldve been balanced LOL. i was deadset on you because it seemed so unfair for mafia. when i read they originally had 1 kp but was bumped to 2 (but fleshy was saved by me anyway nice)

thankfully i was onto toad for jumping in with me and seroja

i geuss tom rly was a survivor. **** u tom

tbh i thought you and kirby wouldve balanced this game, like, it seemed SO op that i was like..this cant be actually real..looks like it was lmao

it was..kirby said we must have cop and doctor for standard mafia, and i insisted we must have mable and sable have good narrative role (I want Sable lynched also if Mable is lynched and vice versa--which is maf sided) so mason is the best he can come up with as compromise, and I wanted a lover that will turn vigilante once sable is lynched but in the end, we added mayor not a lover that can stop a lynch because that is a proper role and not lover...so it was all compromise to what i want and all kirby wanted was to have a nice mafia game

Also, for all my ****ty play and confusion, I was actually pretty close to nailing maf. Good effort toad and ness, you were worthy opponents but my all seeing eye was too much for you

your jimmies aren't unrustlable kappa
I played you like a fiddle for day 1 which kept people sus of you until the end... and I think we could've had you lynched day 2 if the hosts hadn't stepped in too. Its one thing to name the mafia, its another to actually drive the conversation so that they get lynched... and you were in no position to do that with your "scum profile project"

it was..kirby said we must have cop and doctor for standard mafia, and i insisted we must have mable and sable have good narrative role (I want Sable lynched also if Mable is lynched and vice versa--which is maf sided) so mason is the best he can come up with as compromise, and I wanted a lover that will turn vigilante once sable is lynched but in the end, we added mayor not a lover that can stop a lynch because that is a proper role and not lover...so it was all compromise to what i want and all kirby wanted was to have a nice mafia game

haha no i get it, unfortunately mafia will never be canon in terms of roleplay.

i do think giving that as a mason safeclaim to mafia wouldve been funny though lol.

really ive hosted a lot of games trying to perfect the flavor text to roles, but i always had to modify stuff because themed games are nice but balance > story.

hopefully this serves as a learning experience just not for you, but for future hosts.

and yes, im open to people PMing me their setups. i wont be here after september 10th for a year anyway so i cant leak ****.

anyway sorry evan, i honestly thought after all these games of unbalance that this game role wouldve been balanced LOL. i was deadset on you because it seemed so unfair for mafia. when i read they originally had 1 kp but was bumped to 2 (but fleshy was saved by me anyway nice)

hey, no hard feelings! I came to realize that you had really good reason to think I was scum and I actually was enjoying your brash and confident posting :p somewhat reminiscent of my poem battle with f11 in franchise wars, though on a lesser scale ;)

Also, I kind of said this in game, but I think I should say it again: Toad, I legit feel bad that I was a dick to you in our first game together, and I was kind of a dick to you at the start of this game too. You were fine with my crack though (as evidenced by scum chat ;) ), and I'm really looking forward to your BOTW game!! Here's to many more good games (and hopefully less vitriolic exchanges ;) )

- - - Post Merge - - -

your jimmies aren't unrustlable kappa
I played you like a fiddle for day 1 which kept people sus of you until the end... and I think we could've had you lynched day 2 if the hosts hadn't stepped in too. Its one thing to name the mafia, its another to actually drive the conversation so that they get lynched... and you were in no position to do that with your "scum profile project"

Kappa

True, I realized I wasn't in much of a position after I sacrificed all my cred in my little experiment, but investigating ness really helped me. If Bianca didn't step in I think ness still would have died but I wouldn't have been given a free pass, and I still could have been lynched the next day.

hindsight yeah, I shoulda never done that tbh. But luckily i had you and seroja there to lessen the gravity of the whole actions. While I was doing some dumb things, I think i talked my way out of a lot of things.... I was beginning to get a lot of sus at the end, but thats because i was pulling out the stops in order to get someone/anyone lynched for day 2. For day 1 I was null-town leaned by several people... and i shouldn't have commandeered that with the trundle vote, but had we not killed Trundle day 1, we would've been ultra screwed with all those blue roles still alive and no inkling about the major ***** storm about to rain down on us

i might make a tips for hosting thread if the community would like and add balance on crazy roles since toad is already asking me to look over his next game's setup anyway

just as a note, but if we dont know how many factions there are, town win con should be "you win once all hostile parties are eliminated" as opposed to "you win once all mafia is eliminated" because the latter confirms there is no hostile third party.

very small detail but can drastically change the game.

Self-reflection: I think i did pretty well engaging in a full out dispute day 1 (sorry evan, I did play that up more for the scum tactic aspect of it) yet still keeping calm, and talking out of a lot of things. Sure its easy to look back now and say toad was scummy, but in the meantime it worked to some degree and thats what I said i wanted to get better at after SU2: being a part of a scum team rather than trying to buss all my teammates and thinking just about myself.

I would still consider myself a beginner when its comes to mafia in general, but this was a good practice for being a better scum

Last edited:
noooo!
You ended the Mafia.. how heartbreaking.
Anyways, thanks Bianca and Kirby for everything.
I think that the storyline was great and interesting.
Thanks for hosting this game at first.
I've learnt my lesson: DO NOT REVEAL YOUR FKING PM
Erm erm
I love you both xoxo

But... WOW!
I didn't expect Toad, Ness or Zendel to be Scums!!!
When I was observing the game when I stupidly got modkilled,
I thought that Kallie, Evan and Tom were Scums!!
I'm probably just a bad Townie, or the scums were just good.
GG!!

Last edited:
hindsight yeah, I shoulda never done that tbh. But luckily i had you and seroja there to lessen the gravity of the whole actions. While I was doing some dumb things, I think i talked my way out of a lot of things.... I was beginning to get a lot of sus at the end, but thats because i was pulling out the stops in order to get someone/anyone lynched for day 2. For day 1 I was null-town leaned by several people... and i shouldn't have commandeered that with the trundle vote, but had we not killed Trundle day 1, we would've been ultra screwed with all those blue roles still alive and no inkling about the major ***** storm about to rain down on us

nah, the masons wouldve never come to light.

well.. maybe, i wouldve gone on to not protect evan and fleshy or seroja (if your kills n1 wouldve been changed that is, since i read u guys wanted to kill evan. whyd u guys switch off him btw?

thankfully i was right you guys had no roleblocker later and couldnt roleblock me or evan. i guess my whole bluffing this wasnt even needed lol.

if the masons had not been revealed i wouldve continued townlocking evan probably, i think he was gonna inspect zendel anyway so the two of you wouldve died if he had come back alive.

but i wouldve probably never been a candidate for lynch

but on the other hand, if bianca didnt confirm he was a cop town couldve lost.. maybe. idk lol

nah, the masons wouldve never come to light.

well.. maybe, i wouldve gone on to not protect evan and fleshy or seroja (if your kills n1 wouldve been changed that is, since i read u guys wanted to kill evan. whyd u guys switch off him btw?

thankfully i was right you guys had no roleblocker later and couldnt roleblock me or evan. i guess my whole bluffing this wasnt even needed lol.

if the masons had not been revealed i wouldve continued townlocking evan probably, i think he was gonna inspect zendel anyway so the two of you wouldve died if he had come back alive.

but i wouldve probably never been a candidate for lynch

but on the other hand, if bianca didnt confirm he was a cop town couldve lost.. maybe. idk lol

I sent in the kills for night and put fleshy instead of Evan because if we killed evan, where would the conversation go after that? we had so much sus on him and I felt like we could've gotten him lynched the next day and if we killed him off and he was revealed to actually be cop, then convo would turn to Zendel/Ness for their inactivity. Only option after that would've been like Kallie for her doctor claim, but I didn't like that idea

I sent in the kills for night and put fleshy instead of Evan because if we killed evan, where would the conversation go after that? we had so much sus on him and I felt like we could've gotten him lynched the next day and if we killed him off and he was revealed to actually be cop, then convo would turn to Zendel/Ness for their inactivity. Only option after that would've been like Kallie for her doctor claim, but I didn't like that idea

lol i didnt even know fleshy was saved because i never got a pm haha

yeah idk wtf that was about too........ we framed seroja, but we were less confident that would work. Sej we wanted to frame because it was the only other person on Evan's list he scumread.

Ayy lmao thanks, I nulled a lot of people but ended up sussing the right ones due to decentish reasons. My best read was obviously ness though

How do u read ness tho it seems his post is normal to me until he panicked the game tho

Okay theres a cop and a mason in game rip haha

just as a note, but if we dont know how many factions there are, town win con should be "you win once all hostile parties are eliminated" as opposed to "you win once all mafia is eliminated" because the latter confirms there is no hostile third party.
very small detail but can drastically change the game.

thanks Kallie! yes, for what i know, tom could be mafia sided or town sided?

I would still consider myself a beginner when its comes to mafia in general, but this was a good practice for being a better scum

You were more calm as scum than a town lol, and you guys did a good job making lemons out of lemonade. You really stragetized well as a group, and even after the mistake I had, you guys still continued...so thank you!

noooo!

When I was observing the game when I stupidly got modkilled,
I thought that Kallie, Evan and Tom were Scums!!
I'm probably just a bad Townie, or the scums were just good.
GG!!

Sorry again for the modkill :) we had to do it..and thank you!! <3

oh yeah, chick reminded me, I loved the story to this game, top notch

Thank you evan, I am just bummed we didn't get to the finish and endgame but it was really great as you all have been wonderful in this game.

Oh fleshy is supposed to get the pm and not you from what I understand?

oh ok so it was zendal, ness, toad looool. I thought they were the least townish anyways. thanks for the game kirb and bianca. and I was a power role too so yeah, that was why I wasn't 100% down with lynching evan.

Also sorry Evan for the push, I was paranoid lol. You did great but I'm just dumb as usual :////

-- edited to add the italicsss

anyways yea I think I'm beginning to know how to discern town toads and maf toads. Yasss

Last edited:
Back