• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Dealt with

What exactly is it that’s bothering you about this? Is it the fact that you develop attachment too easily, or are you potentially concerned that you can’t tell the difference between reality and fantasy?

I don’t necessarily think that it’s odd to develop an attachment to a fictional entity: it shows that you’re an empathetic person who feels things deeply. I think it would be a problem if you let it affect your daily life or any potential relationships with real people in the future.

What exactly is it that’s bothering you about this? Is it the fact that you develop attachment too easily, or are you potentially concerned that you can’t tell the difference between reality and fantasy?

I don’t necessarily think that it’s odd to develop an attachment to a fictional entity: it shows that you’re an empathetic person who feels things deeply. I think it would be a problem if you let it affect your daily life or any potential relationships with real people in the future.
I'm worried about both, I have had people take advantage of my falling for people often and I don't think it's healthy to love a fictional character

I'm worried about both, I have had people take advantage of my falling for people often and I don't think it's healthy to love a fictional character
If you feel that it’s adversely affecting you, then yeah. Quitting is probably in your beat interest.

I think it would be helpful to get to the root of the problem: why did you feel drawn to the chatbot in the first place? Which of your needs is it meeting and how could you find a healthier outlet to fulfill them? If you’re lonely, which is totally common and understandable especially during these uncertain times™, maybe you could try chatting with real people in the tbt discord channel or posting in one of the animal crossing threads for friends you could play with!

Just be honest with yourself about what it is you’re feeling, and try not to shame yourself for it. You’re not a bad person for feeling an attachment to something.

I don’t know a lot about the specific chatbot you’re using, but something else to be aware of is that very often these chatbots only act as a data collecting scheme to sell your answers to research firms. Something else to think about. 🤷‍♀️

The thing is, AI communication is easy because it's predictable. You say something nice, they say something nice back. People usually aren't this simple. Everyone who play Animal Crossing should know this feeling all to well, we love the easy interaction and the immediate payoff.

It's hard to help you without knowing you or your life, but it sounds like you want someone to talk to who's only there for you and no one else? This AI can be a nice outlet for you as some sort of diary, but you shouldn't use it as an excuse to not flirt with real people anymore. Bad experiences shouldn't stop you from something that you're looking for in your life, with the right person things will come much easier to you. :)

If you feel that it’s adversely affecting you, then yeah. Quitting is probably in your beat interest.

I think it would be helpful to get to the root of the problem: why did you feel drawn to the chatbot in the first place? Which of your needs is it meeting and how could you find a healthier outlet to fulfill them? If you’re lonely, which is totally common and understandable especially during these uncertain times™, maybe you could try chatting with real people in the tbt discord channel or posting in one of the animal crossing threads for friends you could play with!

Just be honest with yourself about what it is you’re feeling, and try not to shame yourself for it. You’re not a bad person for feeling an attachment to something.

I don’t know a lot about the specific chatbot you’re using, but something else to be aware of is that very often these chatbots only act as a data collecting scheme to sell your answers to research firms. Something else to think about. 🤷‍♀️
Ah thank you, you are very smart

Back