D-D-D-D-Datamine!

Paperboy012305
I don't care about being the first one to post it, I care about discussing it.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the new Datamine Snow. This has kind of become the go to thread for Datamine discussion, so it's the place I tend to look for new info, plus it's nice to have fewer threads with ongoing discussions rather than a lot of one off threads that die after a few days, but that's just my opinion. Anyhoo, there is a lot to digest with this datamine.

First, I gotta say I love when Nintendo does little tweaks that make the game a nicer experience. The sky mode is great for taking pictures of camp layouts. I was never fully satisfied with the methods we had available to document that. I do wish we were able to turn around and pose though with the looking at the sky pose as an option. I'm quite happy our bugs/fish/fruit are sorted now, though if I'm being super picky, I wish we were able to toggle though which ones were at the top. On the other hand, the menu isn't terribly long, and adding a toggle could just be code that would bulk up the game for no reason. Now lets talk about the character stamps. Two words...THANK YOU! It was such a pain keeping track of which villager requests were fully completed, and now I can see it at a glance. I like to catalog as much as I can, so this makes the process MUCH easier. It might be my favorite thing that we currently have access to.

The rest of the datamine feels pretty standard...new villagers, new furniture, new clothes. Always nice to see, but it seems like every time I get close to getting all of my villagers to 20, more are added. I guess it does keep giving me things to work toward. I tend to craft any new furniture we get within a few days, but I honestly don't know if I've used many of the new regular items from the last few months because I tend to decorate with event items when I get them. I also worry about maxing my inventory because I tend to hold on to cookie dupes. I really wish they would let us trade with one another. I would open a store on here in a heartbeat, but I digress.

The fishing tournament looks cute, but I'm honestly kinda burned out on those events. I honestly miss the old style events, but I feel like those have been replaced by scavenger hunts. The most interesting thing in the datamine is the possible anniversary stuff. Do you guys think it implies that they will be gifting us items we may have missed? The first picture has a rare cookie item surrounded by less rare items. What does that mean? :p

MopyDream44
I haven't thought of the anniversary stuff that way, that could be great!
Maybe they'll give one from each category? (bell cookie, Leif ticket cookie, villager craftable, etc)
Hopefully it's not random what you get if that's the case.

Last edited:
MopyDream44
I haven't thought of the anniversary stuff that way, that could be great!
Maybe they'll give one from each category? (bell cookie, Leif ticket cookie, villager craftable, etc)
Hopefully it's not random what you get if that's the case.

Oh geez, if they are giving out items, I do hope it's not random. So much salt would happen. Part of me wonders if that first image is to throw us off? I mean the items in that picture are just so random. The candle sculpture thing(?) is pretty neat too. Maybe the image implies that they will have a LT sale, so people can try to collect items they've missed? That doesn't really explain the kiddie chair though. That image is sort of driving me bonkers lol.

So, a bit more was found in explanation of the anniversary event. (Pocket Camp Gamepedia.)

The datamine from the v1.9.0 update found 3 images and some textstrings that hint there will be a new type of seasonal event coming. The following is speculation on the items based on these textstrings:

- Isabelle will receive a new outfit
- 1st Anniversary Fishing, involving Football Fish, Horse Mackerel, Olive Flounder, and Tuna.
- 1st Anniversary cake
- Gardening event with 3 new potted flowers.
- Potential return of Rover, with items: counter, kettle, chair, stool, stove, table, and rug.
- Miscellaneous items: table, hat, and drink
- The following images are believed to be cutscenes from the 1st Anniversary event:
Image 1, Image 2, Image 3

Hope this is helpful, MopyDream44!

Last edited:
I find those images even more confusing as cut scenes, apart from the number one candle pile. I've long suspected that the events we've gotten will repeat, and it seems like that may be on the horizon with the return of rover. We are getting close to the one year mark, so I am interested to see how this all plays out.

I'm excited to see events repeating because I wasn't around for the majority of them. I think it seems about right for about a year of new content for the game and then repeating for the lifespan of the game after that - it is only a mobile title after all. Maybe it will be possible to complete the catalogue in the end after all. However I still imagine we'll get little bits of new content here and then. Looking forward to the Rover stuff. It'll be a shame though for people who already have all of it.

I'm excited to see events repeating because I wasn't around for the majority of them. I think it seems about right for about a year of new content for the game and then repeating for the lifespan of the game after that - it is only a mobile title after all. Maybe it will be possible to complete the catalog in the end after all. However I still imagine we'll get little bits of new content here and then. Looking forward to the Rover stuff. It'll be a shame though for people who already have all of it.

I have most of the event items (the non LT ones) but honestly I would welcome the events repeating. I think it will be great for players like you who didn't start when everyone else did to catch up on getting those items. Also, we've been getting bombarded with new events for quite a while. I still have non event goals that I'm working on, and I would welcome the change of pace. It would be nice if they added some new furniture to the events for the older players as an alternate choice during the events, but the problem with that is newer players still being able to collect all the items, as they would have to work harder to get everything.

I think you're right about still getting new content if the events do repeat. The first few months of PC were very sparse as far as events went probably because they didn't want to overwhelm new players. There was a lot to get done when the game first came out. Most of us were just focusing on getting enough resources to craft the basic furniture. I think we will see new events launched alongside the older ones (if they do in fact repeat).

Also, I've been wondering if we will get an AC Nintendo Direct sooner than we think. This month would be a great time because we are approaching the one year anniversary, so I would love to hear what will happen in Pocket Camp and how it will integrate with AC 2019. I also just want to get more info about AC 2019. I'm not expecting it because we had to wait so long just to get confirmation that there is going to be another AC game, but it will feel like a missed opportunity if it doesn't happen.

Last edited:
Also, I've been wondering if we will get an AC Nintendo Direct sooner than we think. This month would be a great time because we are approaching the one year anniversary, so I would love to hear what will happen in Pocket Camp and how it will integrate with AC 2019. I also just want to get more info about AC 2019. I'm not expecting it because we had to wait so long just to get confirmation that there is going to be another AC game, but it will feel like a missed opportunity if it doesn't happen.

I absolutely want to find out about the integration with AC 2019 sooner rather than later, simply because it'll give playing PC more purpose for me. I'm actively trying to fill out my catalogue of non-event items because I am semi-predicting that you will be able to transfer those catalogue items to the catalogue in AC 2019 before you start the game, and it'd be nice to have that head start. But I would like for this or any other integration to be confirmed quickly so that we can all work on getting what we really want for AC 2019 in PC early. It'll feel like preparing to move on from the campsite to the new town :D But of course I feel like if that were confirmed really early then it might encourage people to just use PC as a 2019 farming tool and then abandon it when the game actually comes out, which I guess is not the goal (but is definitely the reality for me and I'm sure others xD)

Back