• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Cycling question.

asuka

Dearly Beloved
Bells
Switch
1430-8747-7217
Chocolate Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Chocolate Cake
Green Feather
Yellow Feather
Blue Feather
Red Feather
Pink Feather
Ok so, those of you with cycle towns, have you ever experienced anything like this? I'm genuinely confused.

I've had Bob in my cycle town for at least two (irl) months now. A friend of mine wanted him, so I told him that once Bob is in boxes he can have him. At this point I started speed cycling. For those of you who don't know what that is, the method is here. Basically every 3 startups you can have a villager in boxes. The only thing I do differently vs the thread is TTing every month instead of year so I don't get to 2050 (max in game year) as quick. Regardless, I have reached 2050 cycling one month at a time twice now, and Bob still hasn't moved. He was a campsite move in, and back when I TTed at a day at a time, he pinged and asked to leave and I said no because my friends town was full at the time. Did this have any effect on him EVER leaving?

No. I've had 2 cycle towns where there is that one villager that is just like anchored to my town and won't move whatsoever. It happens, I don't think there's anything you can do about it.

I don't think telling him not to move has anything to do with it, I've seen a lot of people say they've had a villager ask them to move more than once.

No, that plays no part. I've had villagers who don't want to budge; right now Jambette is one of those. Though they do eventually ping, I've found talking to them seems to help. I don't do favors, I just talk to them and tell them I'll get them something they ask for (which I don't actually get for them to keep their originality) and it seems to speed the process.

Last edited:
Back