• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Croconaw’s Swamp [Art Dump]

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
4C4D2411-68D0-4FF1-8132-E21C340113FA.gif

⬥ Croconaw’s Swamp ⬥

This thread will be treated as a place to post my art and somewhat of a blog. I’m not sure how often I will post in here, but I won’t completely ignore it.

Last edited:
Such a creative name for your art thread!
I have no idea how anyone creates art on their phones; my fingers just can't beat a stylus. I am impressed with your hair!

Last edited:
Thanks so much! :) That’s why I was reluctant to try digital art. Using a stylus or your finger is hard work. 😞

Thank you! I appreciate it! I may add in my Camp TBT work once I make this thread somewhat neater. I just threw it together to show off my rep. 🥺😅 I’ll most likely post more, especially if there are upcoming events for TBT. 😬

View attachment 397857
⬥ Croconaw’s Swamp ⬥
Island Representatives

That looks really good for your first time drawing digitally! I tried downloading a drawing app briefly but had no idea what any of the tools were and no idea how to use it whatsoever not to mention make anything not scribbly looking, so I have to praise you for making it look so smooth. Keep it up! 🙂 I am really interested in seeing more art if you decide to draw more.

This isn’t finished yet, but I’ve drawn my favorite Pokémon (not so surprisingly) and looking to do something more for the background, but this is what I have. 💙

This was mostly shading practice and experimenting with a light source.

Progress post:
63BE4FB7-2D37-4C6A-9193-A253726FA046.png

broo that looks incredible! i can’t believe that was your first time creating digital art omg. i’m definitely looking forward to seeing more of your art in the future! 💙

broo that looks incredible! i can’t believe that was your first time creating digital art omg. i’m definitely looking forward to seeing more of your art in the future! 💙
Thanks a lot, that means a lot. I basically sketch out on paper in my journal, take a picture and trace over it in the app and add shading. Kind of tedious on my phone, but it’s good practice! 😌

The idea to draw Chief popped into my mind. I pictured Chief as a Chiefs fan for obvious reasons. I want to draw other villagers in sports apparel. Not big into football, but this made sense. 🐺

Oh my gosh, I love this!

He looks like he has so much personality, and I love his headband. 😭 10/10 I would have this version of Chief on my island!

Oh my gosh, I love this!

He looks like he has so much personality, and I love his headband. 😭 10/10 I would have this version of Chief on my island!
Thank you! ☺️ I made it in the style of the posters in-game and because I spent 20 minutes on the legs and wasn’t satisfied lmao 😂 I like having the poster style though, I can picture them actually being posters!

Wow! You’re doing great! As @S.J. said, there so much personality in your drawings! Keep it up! ☺ Most importantly have fun and take breaks when you need them (of course I don’t do that when I’m working on something but I should 😅).

I can’t wait to see your Pokemon drawing finished 🙂.

Bumping this up from the dead. Here’s a quick thing of Chief that I did. I’m trying to develop my own style instead of drawing what I see. I think drawing villagers is good practice, at least. This was done kind of as a scribble, just to practice a style. I don’t know how I feel about it? I love Chief though! 🐺

I may try and draw other villagers over the next few days… maybe?

E591C668-A9C4-4096-B867-8190FD0DC071.png

So, I got the random itch to draw again. I’m way better at drawing traditionally, so here are some sketches I did of my two favorite villagers: Mac and Chief. They’re not colored because I don’t have colored pencils. I really have to get some, but haven’t gotten around to it. Constructive criticism is welcome here for my traditional drawings. I know there’s not much to work with though due to lack of color, but still looking for thoughts nonetheless! Thanks!!
8F766180-FE28-4DAF-961F-F886E94799F1.jpeg

Oh my gosh, they're so cute! You were the first thing I thought of when I saw fuecoco described as the "fire croc" Pokémon!

Oh my gosh, they're so cute! You were the first thing I thought of when I saw fuecoco described as the "fire croc" Pokémon!
Thanks so much! I wasn’t sure about which starter I was drawn to but after realizing Fuecoco was a crocodile, I made my decision.

Also, I finished a Growlithe. I’m in a Pokémon mood right now.
8619ACC1-98EA-4E0E-8449-84BBB63C6166.png

Your drawings are adorable! You have improved so much since I last took a look! The backgrounds look great too! 🙂

Back