• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Creepy Cat on the loose!

Imbri

Resident Night Mare
Bells
Switch
1856-7828-8669
Island
Deilf Isle
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Sweetheart Easter Egg
Strawberry Doll
Tortimer
Shadow Kitty Plush
Rosewater Potion
Blue Rosewater Potion
Rose Crystal
Lily of the Valley
Pavé Pink Feather
I want to keep things separate, so I'm going to post about April Fool's Day, then I'll have another for yesterday. It's just easier that way.

The day started off so nicely. When I first walked out, I saw the pink blossoms and it made me so happy. I have a substantial grove around the lighthouse, as well as individual trees scattered here and there, so it really does look pretty.

I quickly set off to water my flowers (no new hybrids), dig up fossils, and collect the money rock. Once that was done, I stopped at the Plaza to talk to Blanca.

I've been seeing Blanca since the days of ACGC, and was always a little creeped out, but this version is the worst. It probably doesn't help that the personality is a bit more... sinister? devious? Whatever, I figured I needed to get rid of this pesky cat.

Lolly and Pekoe were the only ones awake, so it was easy to take care of them. Guessing took me a while, because after receiving a towel in each house, I left and dropped it, so I could keep them. Then I went back in and made my choice.

Lolly ended up mentioning both her birthday and that her dream was to become a chef, so that was easy. After collecting her picture, I went to see Pekoe. I wasn't sure about her birth order, but the next clue was her dream of becoming an aesthetician, something she's been mentioning for a while, so was able to nail that.

By then, Antonio was awake. His was a little more difficult, but when the clue about him being an expert at horseshoes or peeling apples (which I knew was Lolly's) came up, I was able to guess and be correct.

I had a bit of time to kill until my next villagers were awake, so I sold off the fossils. Then I headed over to Eugene's house. That was easy, because he had told me the previous day that his skill was never losing at rapping. My other smug villager, Keaton, was also awake now, so I figured he was the next victim. I had to wait until he mentioned tongue twisters before making my guess, but I was able to do it.

Right next door, little Stitches was in a terrible state. But did Blanca really think that I would believe his skill was jumping rope? Although, I was surprised that he wants to be a lawyer. Anyway, I knew his skill is cleaning his plate (wording may be off there), so I sent the cat packing.

Actually, Stitches was a good one to tell me where to head next. Once he was outside, he would say that he heard arguing at someone's house, so I knew that's where Blanca was causing trouble.

I found Anabelle next. I got her on her birthday, which I remembered, since it was just a couple of days after I became mayor. After that was Purrl. She was a little tougher, but she finally gave her birthday, as well. I have a list of when my villagers' birthdays are, so I can plan ahead with gifts, so that was the best way to get her picture.

Shari, who played the "wafflehanger, wumple hammer" word mangle that seemed to be the Uchi way, quickly offered up her birthday of April 10th. Yep, I knew that, because I've already started shopping for her.

That left Rizzo. If I blew this one, after having had him in so many towns over the years, I'd never forgive myself, but I didn't have to worry. First, I knew that he wants to be a police officer, but Blanca said that his phrase was, "Let them drink cream". *headdesk*

As I was going through, I made notes, so I was actually able to play with all four characters, getting pictures for them all. I also picked up towels for them all, though I don't know what I'm going to do with 40 towels.

Although I still want to earn everyone's pic, I distributed them throughout Emerald's house. Might as well get points from Creepy Lyle, right?

Because of the slow progress of getting a towel from every villager twice, with all my characters, it took pretty much my whole day. That's okay, I was happy to best Blanca. The villagers were cute afterward. Stitches tried to tell me that food was going to replace bells as currency. One cherry would be worth 20 pounds of banana bread. Only my little cub would come up with that. And Eugene tried to tell me that Pekoe had won a beauty pageant. Actually, that is semi-believable. Pekoe is a pretty cub.

And so ends my first experience with April Fool's Day.

Ah, that was a good idea keeping a towel or two for memories and using your other characters to get any pics you missed. Wish I'd have thought of that. x) But my villagers don't believe that Shyloh or Lily really exist and I don't really want to ruin that, haha.

I gave most of the towels to Sapphire, thinking I can use them in the craft store, but Flint and Jett can probably use them in their houses, as well. I only kept one for Emerald, but I can snag some of Sapphire's, if need be. :)

Ooh, ghost characters! That's also a nice idea. :D

Back