• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

creating your island.

Island: Oran Myst (OR-in mIst)
Using my real name but I may have to use the shortened version.
Fruit: oranges I will be resetting for.
I don't know if I'm getting the game on launch or this month because of some life stuff. I hope I can. Latest shouldn't be past May. I plan on digital. And I already have a yellow switch lite. Which I reccomend a grip case.

hello everyone!
so, everyone seems to have a few things planned out for their island.
i was wondering, have you figured out the following?
-what will be your town name?
-what will be your characters name? will you be using your own name or a name you like?
-do you want to reset for a specific fruit (if so, what?), or do you not care?
-will you have the game on release date?

can't wait to read everyone's replies :)

(also, i got a switch today! sadly, the new ac switch was sold out EVERYWHERE. i got a black one instead, and i will probably decorate it with skins!)

- My island name will be Maritime!
- I will be using my own name.
- I will be resetting for fruits and airport color (hoping for peach/cherry, teal airport)
- I will have the game at 9PM :)

Also, sorry about the switch. It seems like you had to get lucky or wake up extremely early to get one sadly if you didn't preorder. I was going to give up in my area until I went to a walmart that wasn't as populated.

hello everyone!
so, everyone seems to have a few things planned out for their island.
i was wondering, have you figured out the following?
-what will be your characters name? will you be using your own name or a name you like?

can't wait to read everyone's replies :)

(also, i got a switch today! sadly, the new ac switch was sold out EVERYWHERE. i got a black one instead, and i will probably decorate it with skins!)

- Town name: Agrestis.
- Player name: Khaelis.
- Yeah, probably Apples. I'm just use to having them. Though if I come across a really good island map I like, I can settle with Oranges or Pears.
- Yeah, I'll be going to WalMart to purchase my copy the morning of March 20 assuming the Coronavirus panic doesn't throw a wrench into those plans. Probably won't, but yeah.

Town Name: I've decided to go with Pok'omokko! Wanted to name it Pyukumuku but I put a spin on it so it would look differentish.
Character Name: Maiana!
Fruit: I actually don't mind what fruit I get. Tbh I want a yellow airport, but I also want to pick the first town I like and stick with it.
Release: Yep! I'll have the game on it's release day because I bought a digital copy instead of a physical.

My town name will be Pawfritter!

I'm unsure of the character limit, but I'm pretty sure my characters name will be hopetteokki (username) or my nickname, Hal.

I'm not big into resetting but ideally I'd like cherries or peaches. Apples are a no no.

I have the game installed already, just waiting for release!

-Town name?
I'm still not sure on this tbh, I've got a shortlist and it'll really depend on how the game feels once I'm in it. Hopefully it's true that you don't immediately name your town so I can walk around a bit and see what feels right.

-Character name?
My usual irl nickname. c: I've never played AC as anything but myself tbh, it would feel a little strange personally.

-Town fruit?
Anything but peaches/oranges. I'm partial to the red on trees colour of cherries and apples but pears are one of my fave fruits so either or.

-Will you have the game on release date?
I'm going to be playing from 11pm my time on the 19th! :^) Not sure if I can get away with it on big screen at that late hour but I fully intend to spend all night walking around even if everything's closed- I have a puppy who can't be left alone for long periods during the day so sleep sacrifice it is!

I haven't settled on an island name yet. I have some ideas but I'd like to look around before making a final decision.

I'll be playing as myself. To do otherwise would be strange.

If I fall in love with a map, I won't reset, but ideally, I'd like pears. I think the perfect fruit is pretty.

I'm expecting the game to arrive on the 20th. I am working, but have the weekend off, so I can play that night and over the weekend.

Last edited:
My town name : Lourdes, a name of a beautiful city located in the south of the France
My Name: It will be my real name :)
No I don't really care, l like evry fruits
Yes I will have the game on release date :)

-what will be your town name? I will name my island Duskfall most likely, like my NL town.
-what will be your characters name? will you be using your own name or a name you like? I'm going to name my character Chip.
-do you want to reset for a specific fruit (if so, what?), or do you not care? I'm not picky what I get but I'd like to have apples or pears. Won't reset for a fruit though.
-will you have the game on release date? I preordered from EB Games so as long as the store doesn't close, I will have it morning of release day.

i'm bouncing between merveile and altomare, but i'll probably go with altomare because i'm a nerd like that
most likely i'll just use my own name, kit, unless something else jumps to mind in character creation
i don't really care for the most part, but i might reset if i end up with cherries. i just don't like the way they look on trees. ^_^
fingers crossed! i have it on delivery from the nintendo store in the UK but i don't actually know how the delivery will go!

Last edited:
Hello! This is my first post!!
It’s been wonderful reading everyone’s responses. I can’t believe it’s almost here! I start a 3 month vacation in April so I should have lots of time to play.
- Houtong Cat Village, it’s a real place in Taiwan that I should get to visit this spring assuming more travel bans aren’t put in place.
- I am naming my character Liona, it’s from League but it’s a cute name and cat themed.
- I’m okay with any fruit. I usually just play whatever random settings I’m given on the first roll.
- and YES! As long as Best Buy doesn’t close I will zip on over there after work and pick up the game and switch.

Last edited:
My town mame will ne Amalthea and my character will be named after myself Lisa!
I want peaches and please no oranges or pears. The perfect orange looks so weird and the pear tastes weird xD
I try not to reset at all.

i deadass just read through every reply- i love everyone's plans!

@kate-is-a-potato, oh my gosh, you need to send me a pic in pm of you're origami obama prism lmfao. i didn't even know that was a thing

Last edited:
I'm stuck between Celesti, Aloye, Skai and Alldaye as my island name. My characters name will (probably) be my own, which is Sammy. Hmm, I'm not really sure about resetting for a specific fruit, but I'd love to get either peaches or cherries! We'll see (; And, thank god, I'm free on the release date so that's a big yes! I pre-ordered it in the eshop.

Last edited:
town name; Vesperia
the name of my production company, and also it was an original name proposed for Canada! Im Canadian currently in LA haha...

My name, prob play my real name Harrison... if I can ill try to use a Japanese keyboard haha ハリソン and use my name in Katakana.

Ill be resetting to get peach, cherries, or apples.

Also, I bought a switch just for New Horizons too haha!
Preordered a physical copy from Amazon to be delivered on the 20th by 8pm.

town name; Vesperia
the name of my production company, and also it was an original name proposed for Canada! Im Canadian currently in LA haha...

My name, prob play my real name Harrison... if I can ill try to use a Japanese keyboard haha ハリソン and use my name in Katakana.

Ill be resetting to get peach, cherries, or apples.

Also, I bought a switch just for New Horizons too haha!
Preordered a physical copy from Amazon to be delivered on the 20th by 8pm.

eyyy me too !! my online name will be マリアンー

TOWN NAME: Pyewacket (I love it I love it aaa I'm so happy we can have more letters! <3)

CHARACTER NAME: This is honestly a tough choice... I'm not sure if I want to have my main character be me (deer) or make a different character named Hecate. I know at the end of the day I can have both (and eventually I will!), but I'm still having a hard time choosing who to start with!

FRUIT: I would really, really love apples. Mainly because of perfect apples, they are just the cutest! So I will definitely be restarting for them :) We haven't seen perfect fruit yet so maybe it's not in NH, but I still want apples anyway. I would not be sad if I got pears though, and would keep them if my airport is blue! I will absolutely restart if I get cherries or oranges though. Peaches I would consider but most likely I would restart.

WHEN AM I PLAYING: ASAP!! :) My lil booty will be right out the door the second I wake up to pick it up! If we have to stay inside due to the virus, I will get a digital copy but will play around the same time I'd be playing physical so I have time to figure out what that question in the beginning is for (since I'm not sure that we know yet, though there are speculations it coincides with the airport / town colour? Correct me if I'm wrong!)

- my town name will be honeymere cove (idk how the suffix system works so if not just honeymere
- my character name will be clementine! assuming it has the same character count as towns. if not, mabel.
- i don't really care about fruit, all of it looks super nice
- i pre-ordered it! so it will arrive on release day

TOWN NAME: Pyewacket (I love it I love it aaa I'm so happy we can have more letters! <3)

CHARACTER NAME: This is honestly a tough choice... I'm not sure if I want to have my main character be me (deer) or make a different character named Hecate. I know at the end of the day I can have both (and eventually I will!), but I'm still having a hard time choosing who to start with!

FRUIT: I would really, really love apples. Mainly because of perfect apples, they are just the cutest! So I will definitely be restarting for them :) We haven't seen perfect fruit yet so maybe it's not in NH, but I still want apples anyway. I would not be sad if I got pears though, and would keep them if my airport is blue! I will absolutely restart if I get cherries or oranges though. Peaches I would consider but most likely I would restart.

WHEN AM I PLAYING: ASAP!! :) My lil booty will be right out the door the second I wake up to pick it up! If we have to stay inside due to the virus, I will get a digital copy but will play around the same time I'd be playing physical so I have time to figure out what that question in the beginning is for (since I'm not sure that we know yet, though there are speculations it coincides with the airport / town colour? Correct me if I'm wrong!)
Let's add each other... mainly because your avatar is hilarious.

Back