• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Countdown to Animal Crossing New Horizons: 7 Months

Alolan_Apples

Apple Imperialist
Yoshi's Islanders
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
So we are 7 months away from the upcoming Animal Crossing game. Two months ago, I talked about my initial plans on what I was going to do to my island. Last month, I talked about the rating system I’m going to use when I rate the changes. This month, I’m gonna talk about my new plans.

Last month, we heard reports about a new version of the Nintendo Switch. Two versions actually. One of them is an improved model of the original Nintendo Switch, which doesn’t get as hot and it has a longer battery life. The other is the Switch Lite, which is not as exciting as the regular Switch, but it’s a convenience since I can fit it into my pockets. Earlier this month, I pre-ordered a Switch Lite, even though I already have a regular Nintendo Switch. It may be smaller, but its screen is bigger than the 3DS XL’s (and definitely the original DS’s screens). Although Nintendo will continue support for the 3DS, it is already obsolete now, kinda like how the Wii U was made obsolete by the Switch. An interesting coincidence is that the Switch Lite will come out on the 20th of a month, and on the 6-month mark from ACNH’s release date.

Since I’m having two Nintendo Switches by the time ACNH comes out, I have made plans on what games I will play with each unit. Of all the games I previously played on the original Switch, Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe are the only two I’ll play on the new Switch. I don’t feel like replaying Pokémon Let’s Go again, there’s no point of playing Super Mario Odyssey without motion controls, Smash and Mario Party are better as multiplayer games (which wouldn’t fare well with the Switch Lite), and I’m not as interested into the other games I owned for the Switch. Of all the future games I’m going to get, I’ll be playing both Pokémon Sword and Shield on both consoles. Whatever version I like more, I’ll play that on the Switch Lite as I focus on both Pokédex completion and training strong Pokémon while I only work on story and Pokédex on the other version as that’s on the regular Switch. If any older Mario game (i.e. Super Mario Sunshine) or any older Zelda game (i.e. The Wind Waker) gets a remake for the Switch, I’ll exclusively play it on the Switch Lite.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons is the one game in the future I’ll be playing on both Switch consoles. Since I have an account set up on the original Switch as I don’t know if I can log into the same account with two units, I’ll do digital download of ACNH on the older unit while the new unit will have the physical copy. And I can confirm that I will have two different islands.

The one on the Switch will probably be named SunShine or SunLight (whether or not the character limit has expanded). My two starting characters are Holly (the first one) and Kaylee (the second one). While I would like to turn it into a nice town, it’s also going to be more of a resource town as I use it to make money, gather items, and trade with people online. It would have up to four human villagers. Whether or not we can choose store expansions, I’ll probably stick with the department store. My town fruit can be anything, but I would prefer peaches or bananas (if the latter is possible).

The one on the Switch Lite will be named StarGlow, as Andrea is my starting character. That one will be a nice town that I will be writing about and recording data. It will have eight human villagers. That would have the convenience store and I would have apples as the town fruit. I wouldn’t have to worry too much about gathering items because I would have gathered that in my town on SunShine.

Like I said before, since I know what changes are going to happen, I don’t know if any of the traditional features we knew for a long time will return. So these plans may be up for change.

Back