• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

Color or Colour?

Color or Colour?

• Color

Votes: 54 57.4%
  • Colour

Votes: 40 42.6%

• Total voters

Red Cat

On-and-off member
Bells
Switch
2020-8332-2456
Tin Robot
Boo Halloweaster Egg
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
Jingle Christmas Doll
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Christmas Candy
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
How do you spell it? My spell check gives me these suggestions for colour: color, co lour, and co-lour. I don't know what the heck the last two mean.

Both are correctooo, but I just use colour because I'm a CBC <3

I'm curious. Does the spell check for this site also have a red line under colour for you or does it vary by location?

Last edited:
I'm curious. Does the spell check for this site also have a red line under colour for you or does it vary by location?

Yeah, if I can recall sometime it does have a red line under, the computer always thinks it's wrong, but I dunno about this site because I usually use my iPad, might also vary with location like you said xD

My phone autocorrects to color if I try to type "colour". But I'm in the US so it's expected. I don't mind either spelling, they're both correct.

My favorite food is a savory donut glazed in caramelized chocolate with a red colored strawberry flavored yogurt filling in the center.

Last edited:
Pretty sure they're both correct, but I went with color since I'm in the US anyway.

I write these kinds of words in the Americanized way since that's what I was taught growing up, but at the same time... when I'm reading something, colour/honour/armour/etc just seems more "right" to me.

i think colour is the british/uk spelling and color is more us. i use colour though cause we were mostly taught british/uk english in school and it makes more sense.

I alternate between them without thinking about it, but I think I use "color" more despite my spellcheck constantly telling me its wrong. It's doing it right now. lol

sometimes I spell it color
sometimes colour
who cares?

Back