• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Charity

I donate stuff to Hospice but besides that not really, I donated $20 to some Wildlife thing once cause the guy was cute, I forget hot much to build a museum for Tesla, and I've donated to KickStarters. Things that aren't you know owned by some big corrupt thing, I don't want to be lining the pockets of some big company that only gives like 5% to the cause, no thank you.

I definitely agree, it's important to do thorough research into a charity before donating to them because so many of them don't have their priorities straight and don't end up helping a lot of people (or in the case of stuff like PETA or Autism Speaks, they can even end up doing harm).

Unfortunately, I don't have any good charities to recommend. I'd love to contribute to charity one day in the future, but I'm too broke to give my money and too worn out in life to give my time, so I don't do a lot of research on charities since I can't help any of them anyway at this point in my life. One day, if I win the lottery or am able to be in a better life space, I'd love to find a way to support charities.

With Children in Need being on tonight in the U.K. I'd like to encourage anyone who wants to donate to a charity to consider one that helps children.
October 17th 2016 by niece was born, no complications and she was expected to be a healthy child. She wasn't feeding, but we assumed at first my sister was just nervous. She tends to be very independent and didn't deal very well with being physically helped feeding. She spent her first Christmas at a children's hospital, and just after we found she had a rare form of epilepsy that has no cure. She has fits constantly and being a year and one month today she should be walking, should have said her first word but the poor thing can't even hold her own head up, can't see, can only sleep and eat and cry.
The average life of children who suffer with this extremely rare illness averages between 2-6 years. I've dealt with family members who are older who have died from uncurable illnesses but that hardly compares to watching this poor innocent baby who won't even get a chance in life, living a life of pain which she doesn't deserve.
I want to say sorry for rambling but I'm not sorry. Children deserve better. They deserve a happy healthy life without pain. Thank you.

Back