cedars lose decorations when moved?

tawawanomori

Bells
i cant find any info about this so i’m checking if someone here might know.. i’ve time traveled a bit ahead so many of my cedars are lit up. i’m putting together a festive area so i decided to move some of the lit cedars to the area.. but the lights disappear when re-planted :(
is there no way to place the decorated trees where i want them?

I don't think so. It's like moving a weed. The weed might be a fluffy, pretty one but then you move it and it turns into a flat one.

The thing I've noticed while time-traveling is that the cedar trees that have lights change from day to day, so trying to have one in a particular place won't necessarily work anyway.

ahh well that’s a little disappointing but good to know! 😅
even if some of them randomly light up later on here and there it would be good enough

ahh well that’s a little disappointing but good to know! 😅
even if some of them randomly light up later on here and there it would be good enough

It's weird because not all of mine changed but a fair number did. It took me awhile to notice.

I had the same problem with digging up red trees to replace the green last month, but when I planted the red in the green tree tile, it was green.

It's the tile that determines color/festive etc, not the actual plant.

I dug up a lighted one and swapped it with a regular one today. I was disappointed that it didn't work. I thought it would be nice to get to decide which trees were lit.

One thing I did notice was I time traveled to the 15th a couple of weeks ago, then time traveled back. Yesterday I went forward again to the 15th and I'm pretty sure that the lights changed. Certain trees that were lit last time were not, and some had lights that didn't before.

Yeah, I've been travelling back and forth a lot to try to get stockings to show up at my Nook's. There's two cedar trees in front of a stair case near my shopping area. Once they were both decorated at the same time, but right now, only the right one is decorated. It looks weird with only one with lights. 🥴 There are other trees that have changed too obviously but those are the ones I see the most, lol.

Back