Can we craft items for other people?

sierra

Bells
Switch
8007-6994-2794
New Horizons Token
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Mint
And if we can, will it give them the recipe when they pick it up? Similar to how a player learned "fish bait" when picking up a clam?

I know probably no one will have a definite answer but maybe you saw something on a trailer or direct that could shed some light?

This is an interesting question! I thought would it be possible for us all to craft something together as a joint effort?
It would be fun if they could craft for us, and us them! ୧( "̮ )୨✧︎

Just to add, I only saw a villager crafting their own stuff in their house so far...

Last edited:
If you're wondering about with other players, I imagine you could give your items to hte person you want to craft, have them craft it and give you back the result. I'm not sure if you'd get the DIY Recipe upon picking the item up though, but I'm almost certain you'll be able to trade them!

And if we can, will it give them the recipe when they pick it up? Similar to how a player learned "fish bait" when picking up a clam?

I know probably no one will have a definite answer but maybe you saw something on a trailer or direct that could shed some light?

Since a craftable item (I assume) wouldn't be orderable, I think they would need to craft it themselves to have the recipe appear, even if you traded it.

Kinda like if you could give them a shark, it wouldn't register in their encyclopedia/critterpedia, because they didn't physically catch it.

I could be wrong. :)

This is an interesting question! I thought would it be possible for us all to craft something together as a joint effort?
It would be fun if they could craft for us, and us them! ୧( "̮ )୨✧︎

Just to add, I only saw a villager crafting their own stuff in their house so far...

Oh dear, I thought villagers pick up resources to give to us but we might have to fight them for our stones and clay! lol

If you're wondering about with other players, I imagine you could give your items to hte person you want to craft, have them craft it and give you back the result. I'm not sure if you'd get the DIY Recipe upon picking the item up though, but I'm almost certain you'll be able to trade them!

Sorry I should have been more clear, I meant other players. :) Hmm.. That's pretty cool! I used to play a game where people had blueprints and some had certain ones that others didn't have so they would invite a player over thinking they were gonna craft them something they've been wanting and the player would just use up all their resources and craft 100 rocks and log off LOL. I'm so glad the ac community aren't typical toxic gamers.

Last edited:
I’m sure we can gift crafted items—I’m already looking forward to making some things for my mate—but I don’t see them gaining access to the recipe that way.

I would imagine yes on trading, quite unfortunately if not.
As for recipes, I hope not. It would make things far too easy?

Last edited:
I really hope so, this seems so useful. ^-^

And the crafter/giver can earn bells, TBT, etc. that way ^^

i don’t see why not! assuming that the things we craft can be placed down like items were in new leaf, i’m sure we’ll be able to craft stuff for other people but it’s highly unlikely that the person receiving the crafted item will also receive the recipe lol

Back