• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Can I get the restart town bonus if I just started my town?

elephant64

Bells
Hello everyone, just started a new village on Animal Crossing: New Leaf right before they announced the award you would get if you restarted your town.

I'm going to try leaving the game running plugged into a charger for 20 hours. I will then visit the town, exit and change the time to a day later 20 times to get 20 real life days visited and 20 hours played in-game. However, I have just started the town and am living in a tent, don't have the permit but have planted the tree. If I do my plan, will Tom Nook show up on the screen and offer me a large amount of bells and extra storage?

Last edited:
Seems like the answer is no, you can only get Nook to offer bells if you can sit down at your town tree.

): To clarify, you'll need 50 hours and 50 days to be able to get the bonus.

Screenshot_7.jpg

It says here that I need 20 in game hours and 20 days played

Also Tom Nook won't offer you the extra storage if you restart. You have to create a home and upgrade it to at least the 2nd level and then you'll get an option to upgrade to the extra storage.

Back