• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Can anyone tell me about this Fence?

MiniPocketWorld

🌺💦🏄💦🌺
Bells
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Violet
Purple Violet
I am asking.
So, I ran into this. The comments say it was hacked in from Harvey's island, however, the ones from Harvey's Island are the plain wood color, not white.
Basically wondering if this is in our future along with possible other fences/customization of fences. The mermaid fence for example was hacked into some people's games, but it was in the game code and not a creation of their own. I am wanting to know if this fence is the same way (in the game code).
What do you think?
The background trees are hacked as they do have star fragments and heart gems on them.

instagram picture, fence

edit for fixing link.

I mean, there are multiple other options, besides it being an actual thing in the code. There's one Instagrammer who I know edits her screenshots so the marketplace decorations have white and blue banners instead of red and yellow. Pretty sure people also do texture hacks to make custom villagers and flowers, although I'm not sure that's really a thing in NH yet.

Well, I mean, it is in the code if it's on Harvey's Island. Doesn't mean there's a plan for us to get it, though. If I had to guess, I'd say it's low on Nintendo's radar as something to give us.

I do think we'll be able to customize fences eventually, though. It was clear THAT was an idea they had awhile ago- a lot of the promotional art features white picket fences, for example. I'm guessing they're just trying to figure out how to make it work (how many pieces could you customize at a time, etc.).

I mean, there are multiple other options, besides it being an actual thing in the code. There's one Instagrammer who I know edits her screenshots so the marketplace decorations have white and blue banners instead of red and yellow. Pretty sure people also do texture hacks to make custom villagers and flowers, although I'm not sure that's really a thing in NH yet.
It's a thing in NH it's just not as big due to the excessive banning Nintendo does

I think this is just a case of hacking and re-texturing. It's possible to hack in Harvey's fence and it's possible to recolour items in game with hacks and stuff. So this person prob did that.

As with the mermaid fence, it WAS supposed to be in game but a bug made it unobtainable throu normal game play. Why Nintendo took so frickin long to fix that bug is beyond me. Their practices have been bad with this game.

I think this is just a case of hacking and re-texturing. It's possible to hack in Harvey's fence and it's possible to recolour items in game with hacks and stuff. So this person prob did that.

As with the mermaid fence, it WAS supposed to be in game but a bug made it unobtainable throu normal game play. Why Nintendo took so frickin long to fix that bug is beyond me. Their practices have been bad with this game.

The way I see it, Nintendo offers no proper way to report bugs in this game. They probably never realized it was bugged, and since hackers were getting the fence for themselves, Nintendo probably saw screenshots of people with the fence and didn't think there was a problem at all. The game is still so popular on Twitter, any feedback you try to provide in just buried in 10 seconds. And since Nintendo is headquartered in Japan, there is also a language barrier. For example, some of us are at the mercy of Nintendo of America passing our feedback to them if we ever make it through to them.

I saw people using the mermaid fence back in like July before it became an item. My guess is that this is an item that will eventually become available but that you can only get now through hacking.

I saw people using the mermaid fence back in like July before it became an item. My guess is that this is an item that will eventually become available but that you can only get now through hacking.

Good news, they already did it and it has been available since the last update, and you can now get it from Pascal like every other mermaid DIY. The rumours are that it was bugged before, but clearly that's been fixed. ^^

Good news, they already did it and it has been available since the last update, and you can now get it from Pascal like every other mermaid DIY. The rumours are that it was bugged before, but clearly that's been fixed. ^^

From what I understand, while the fence item itself was in the game with the Pascal update, the DIY card itself wasn't in the game pre-v1.7. So Pascal could not give players the card nor could hackers.

The way I see it, Nintendo offers no proper way to report bugs in this game. They probably never realized it was bugged, and since hackers were getting the fence for themselves, Nintendo probably saw screenshots of people with the fence and didn't think there was a problem at all. The game is still so popular on Twitter, any feedback you try to provide in just buried in 10 seconds. And since Nintendo is headquartered in Japan, there is also a language barrier. For example, some of us are at the mercy of Nintendo of America passing our feedback to them if we ever make it through to them.

From what I understand, while the fence item itself was in the game with the Pascal update, the DIY card itself wasn't in the game pre-v1.7. So Pascal could not give players the card nor could hackers.

Ya know what this makes alot of sense as to why it could have taken so long for them to fix it.

Yes, I know :) I was just using it as an example of people using the item before it became available to the rest of us

Back