• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Buying Tools?

KittenNoir

🌸 Meow 🌸
Bells
Island
Cosa Bella
Pink Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Yellow Rose
Red Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Shadow Kitty Plush
Shadow Kitty Plush
Hello it's been a very long time since I played new leaf but can someone please help me ? I am trying to buy a fishing rod and a bug net... but my T&T Emporium doesn't have those items... where do I go to buy them?

Timmy and Tommy do sell all the tools (except gold, silver and axes I think), but they rotate the tools for sale every day. You could wait for tomorrow, or time skip and just keep checking what they have :)

If you have the emporium I'm assuming this is not a new town, but If it is a new town, I'm pretty sure you can get a free fishing rod or bug net from Isabelle by asking what to do.

Timmy and Tommy do sell all the tools (except gold, silver and axes I think), but they rotate the tools for sale every day. You could wait for tomorrow, or time skip and just keep checking what they have :)

If you have the emporium I'm assuming this is not a new town, but If it is a new town, I'm pretty sure you can get a free fishing rod or bug net from Isabelle by asking what to do.
Thank you I time-skipped to the next day but there was nothing that I needed :( Yeah I am continuing my old town and was confused to where else I could find those tools :)

Have you talked to Isabelle? When you're starting out, she'll give you either the bug net or the fishing rod for free iirc. It's part of the tutorial she gives you if you've started recently.

Otherwise, yeah, you'll have to wait for the shop to stock them. In my experience, there's usually at least one of them so it's just bad luck that neither of them is being sold today :( Maybe TT back and forth a bir, just be mindful of not losing any villagers.

Are online trades still working? Maybe that would help?

I think the tools are random each day, but eventually it will be in stock.

Something I recommend doing is buying tools daily and then offloading them into a second character's house. Because if you're anything like me, accidents will happen and you will end up selling them by mistake. So save yourself the frustration and build up a collection.

Pretty sure the tools in the store are random, it shouldn't take you long to get them though.
If you want, I can probably just come to your town and give you some tools :)

I'm brand new to animal crpssing and still figuring out the general order of things. I biught a net and a shovel from the nook kid, but he didn't reatock yet. Do I really have to wait till tommorow to check again?

I'm brand new to animal crpssing and still figuring out the general order of things. I biught a net and a shovel from the nook kid, but he didn't reatock yet. Do I really have to wait till tommorow to check again?
Yes. Once an item is sold from the store for the day it is gone. You have to wait until the next day to see what will be in stock for that day.

If you're not particularly interested in playing the traditional day-to-day way where your game matches the real world's time and date, you can change the game's time and date if you so choose. When you're starting up the game and just past the title screen where you're in that dark room where you talk to Isabelle, you can choose "I need help first..." and then a list of options will show up. Then you choose the "Set the time" option and choose your desired time and date. Then just load up the town as normal once done.

It's up to personal preference which style of play one enjoys more. A lot of people enjoy the normal day-to-day life sim, some like me would rather play with time travel.

Back