Perfect Orange
Perfect Peach
Perfect Pear
Durian
Lemon
Lychee
Persimmon
Banana
When villagers ask me if I want to buy a certain t-shirt or furniture, if I have the bells on me I always buy it off them because I?m worried the shirt will somehow end up on the villager or be passed to another, creating an unwanted t-shirt epidemic. I?m not certain that items that villagers hold end up being circulated among the townsfolk or if it?s just coincidence... but a ?security tee? that Mallary had that I didn?t buy later ended up on Phoebe. And Butch ended up gifting an eagle pole to Avery which he was holding onto not long ago (this gift I actually liked for Avery lol). It could just be coincidence though, but because of this I usually buy things off them instead of rejecting them. Does anyone else do this?

I always reject because I have never ever seen my villagers change into a random shirt. It's always either a shirt a current villager already has on as a default shirt, a shirt that you have delivered to them from another villager, or a shirt that you have given them personally either through mail or if they bought it off you, etc. I think the things they sell you through pings are just randomised and not actually in their inventory. However, if you do give them something, it goes into their inventory. Of course I can't say for sure. This has just always been what I've observed. Which is why I never ever sell things to them unless I want it to end up in their homes or for them to change into it, but I've had zero issues with saying no to them selling me things. And with this method, all their houses have remained original unless I give in to their furniture requests and give them something I hand pick, and the only outfits I see being spread around are either my patterns at the Able Sister's, or villager default outfits that start trending.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, I avoid any delivery requests because of this. I forgot to mention that.

Ah it’s probably just coincidence then. I kinda gave up on their homes because I enjoy delivering gifts to other villagers (I just hope it’s not an ugly shirt), but I do make sure to keep a couple nice pieces of furniture/shirts on me in case they ask. It’s a scam. I’m not buying their stuff anymore! :’D

Ah it?s probably just coincidence then. I kinda gave up on their homes because I enjoy delivering gifts to other villagers (I just hope it?s not an ugly shirt), but I do make sure to keep a couple nice pieces of furniture/shirts on me in case they ask. It?s a scam. I?m not buying their stuff anymore! :?D

Although these are just my observations! I wonder if other people have different experiences. I would say don't just take my word for it! I'd wait to hear from at least a few more people to confirm or deny my theory! I'd hate to be the reason something gets messed up in your town!! D:

Dors rejecting their requests to sell you things affect their friendship with you? That was always by fear, so I always buy everything they offer.

I usually buy the things they offer me just because I feel bad saying no :p I don't care if they change into the shirt or put the furniture in their house but hurting the feelings of animal pixels? You got me there.

Last edited:
Dors rejecting their requests to sell you things affect their friendship with you? That was always by fear, so I always buy everything they offer.

I don’t believe so!! I’ve only had negative reactions to certain stuff like when smugs ask you to give them a catchphrase but you refuse, they can make a sulking reaction. But then again I’m not too sure about what kind of chore/request interactions (eg. Forgetting to deliver something, forgetting to make an appointment) are affected and how badly. I mean, I’ve missed an appointment to hang out with a villager once but then again they also forgot to visit me at my house so?? I don’t know how that works. The only one that I know for sure is if you hit them with nets and shovels. But I don’t think it matters if you don’t buy their stuff??

- - - Post Merge - - -

I usually buy the things they offer me just because I feel bad saying no :p I don't care if they change into the shirt or put the furniture in their house but hurting the feelings of animal pixels? You got me there.

Hahha no I get you! Sometimes I feel bad when they enter my house while i’m decorating. I contemplate just going about my plan and ignore them/continue decorating but I feel bad so I always go downstairs to invite them in :’D

I always buy the stuff from my villager, even if I don't have a use for them most of the time.
I feel bad if I would say no and I also want to support them if they saving up for something
and that's way they selling their old stuff (I know that's silly, but I like the idea). Besides,
even if I don't have a use at all for most of the stuff I'm buying from them, it helps me at
least to kinda fill my catalogue more, which is also nice.

I don't buy things off from my villagers as it's nothing to me but a waste of space. I doubt is has any connection to circulating between villagers because I haven't experienced this myself. However, I have Jacques as a smug villager who one time wanted to make a trade with one of my furniture. I refused and he started moping. No other villager personality does this from what I know.

Sometimes i do sometimes i don't
Medil asked for my waffle tee. I sold it to her, but she just wore the shirt design from able sisters.
Later Some villager game medli a 8-ball shirt as a gift, she is wearing it now
Felyne sold me a citrus shirt. We played like an auction game and i bought it for 512 bells or something.

I used to accept them allll the time before I discovered this site a few months ago. It was pretty much the only way I could get given random items I was looking for that weren?t in Nook?s ...
Now I reject them because I know I can get a lot of things I want on here and don?t have to suffer through that. I still get my villagers bugs and fish, though, because I like going into their house and seeing the pets I gave them.

I always buy the item they sell as well. Just about every time it's going to be something I have no actual interest in, but I just want to get stuff out of circulation to keep things fresh. I go on to just sell the stuff to Reese over at Re-Tail. Never really a big deal because any bells I waste this way are made back tenfold with bells earned from beetle and fish hunting on the island.

Last edited:
I?m trying to work towards catalog completion right now so I always tend to buy items, unless I know it?s definitely an item I?ve had before.

I always buy them if I can because I feel bad saying now. Also, there's only so much you can do when interacting with your villagers, that I feel denying them a request I know I can fill is kind of defeating the purpose of the game. Of course, I'm doing it a lot more now that I'm not time traveling.

Back