• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bobbing for apples?

I've never had the opportunity to do this! I've never seen it around either except for movies and cartoons.

This is the first time I've ever heard of this, I had to Google it. lol

It sounds kinda cute...? I don't think there are serious any sanitary concerns, people here are a bit overreacting I feel like. Unless one of the participants has like an open herpes wound.

This is the first time I've ever heard of this, I had to Google it. lol

It sounds kinda cute...? I don't think there are serious any sanitary concerns, people here are a bit overreacting I feel like. Unless one of the participants has like an open herpes wound.
Actually if you Google getting sick from bobbing for apples, there are a lot of results involving medical professionals who say that it isn’t safe to do and there are cases of kids getting eye injuries and infections from doing it.

I've never bobbed for apples and don't think I've ever even encountered any place that had an apple bobbing basin set up. I don't even like sharing cups or drinks with other people, so I wouldn't participate in apple bobbing even if I were to encounter it somewhere.

The alternative, where the apples are on strings instead? Sure, I'd try that, why not.

While I personally wouldn't bob for apples due to the sanitary concerns, I appreciate the game because of its association with the Halloween season via its history.

I have seen bobbing for apples only once in my life, at either an October birthday party or a Halloween party. I was very young, preschool age, and I don't remember whether I tried it or not. I certainly wasn't successful if I did, though.

I think the idea seems fun in theory, but less in practice. Plus, germs. Given the pandemic, I imagine activities like bobbing for apples are headed towards the grave if they're not there already. 😅 I wouldn't try it myself unless everyone had separate barrels lmao.

I've never done this, and I've never seen it done except on TV. There isn't a chance in the world that I would ever even begin to consider trying it though, mainly for sanitary reasons.

Back