• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Best random camper you've had?

IslaYuka

Bells
Mother's Day Carnation
Which villager is the best (in your opinion) that you have had randomly appearing at the campsite?

For me it would be Julian. He was my very first camper (the one you must invite no matter what) and was really happy because I remembered Julian being in my New Leaf town.

in NH i got marshal, he was probably the cutest villager to come out of a random spawn in that game lol. gave him away to a friend though!

in NL i think i got merengue in my campsite, and shes still in my town!! 💖

I had vivian in my campsite today, i like her design but im fine with the 10 villagers i have rn, i'd say her and ribbot are the two best i've seen at my campsite, i've had sherb visit too but im not too big on his design

Wow, if only I could be so lucky with my visitors... I think the best one I’ve had would be Dierdre, but I already have Phoebe as a sisterly so I let her go.

EbjlBX2VcAMa8g0

EXyqBPTUYAA0E65

Overall,I've had some good campers but Tangy and Judy are probably the two best.Tangy is one of my long time favorite villagers from New Leaf and I deliberately didn't invite a snooty to my island in the hopes of getting Judy to appear in my campsite.It worked.

In terms of popularity, I got Marshal from a random campsite visit. I don't like him though.

So far, I haven't got anyone else worth keeping.

Graham.

...I know he's weirdly hated (IDK why) but I had him for a long time in New Leaf and always loved him. I literally squealed when I first met him in ACNL- he was a new villager, new species, and new personality! Plus, he was ADORABLE- his glasses made him look like he was trying too hard to be cool, which perfectly fit his personality 😂
So, I was delighted to find him in ACNH as my first camper! I invited him and had him for a long time, until I found Julian... who I also had for a long time and is just really neat, I had to take him, and I didn't need two smugs.

Raymond and Olivia - both were nice enough to grace my campsite, and now they're permanent residents.

Honorable mentions to Lily & Sprinkle, who were also nice additions.

Teddy is my favourite villager of all time; I had him as a neighbour in New Leaf and fell in love with the big teddy bear. I was just thinking about how I needed to buy him asap when I first got the game, when bam! He was my fourth campsite visitor :) I was so happy

Probably Judy and Kidd. However I couldn't move Kidd in because he wanted to kick out all of my permanent villagers instead of those who I wanted to kick out.

Judy!! I know she's popular but I honestly really wanted her on my island. She showed up today and made sure I SUFFERED to get her, but I'm happy I'm getting her.

I think I’ve had really good luck with campers: so far I‘ve had: Drago, Freya (who I invited), Fauna (invited), Fuchsia (invited), Benjamin, Purrl, and Sherb.

The best for me was probably Fauna. She would not have been my top pick before (I thought her design seemed boring). But when she showed up she was so sweet, and I ended up finding her really cute and adopted her. She’s a great addition and I go back and forth on whether she should be permanent.

Sherb I found, naturally, the day after I’d just island hopped for a new lazy villager. I considered him, but realized I was only doing so because he is so popular and for me that’s not a good reason. (Plus I don’t have anyone else’s picture and like them all too much to let anyone go without getting the picture as a momento).

Sherb was cute, but doesn’t quite grab me in terms of design. I prefer my island hopping find, Cole!

In ACNH I had Sylvana randomly visit my campsite who I thought was so cute!! She is still with me to this day and I have really grown to love her a lot :)

The best camper I've had so far was Marshal, who fortunately enough was my first camper whom you must invite. After that one, my two favorites have been Whitney and Rosie. :)

Back