• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Best Hybrid Breeding Method?

falloutmaci

Bells
Hey! I know I've posted a thread kind of like this before, asking if hybrids breed on the beach. I have some more questions to ask as well now. Do hybrids breed slower on the beach? I haven't gotten a single hybrid to breed on my beach, but they grew on land. Also, does putting the flowers next to each other or diagonal to each other breed better?

Example: x=flower o=empty space

Diagonal:
xoxox
oxoxo

Next To Each Other:
oxxxo
oxxxo

I really need to know these, because I'm trying to breed flowers for when I place in paths and PWPs.

Last edited:
Diagonal breeds better, but I'm not sure about the beach or grass breeding slower or not.

i've had a lot of luck breeding side-by-side. i get hybrids on my beach less often than when i grown them on the grass.

Diagonal breeding has always worked best for me, unless there are only 2 flowers. For some reason, if I'm starting out with just 2, I can't get more unless I put them next to each other.

I normally align them up horizontally, water them, and graven 2 days forward. I also haven't seen any difference between sand and grass.

Last edited:
I breed hybrids on my beach just fine. ^^
Just got 3 blue roses today. :3
Only having trouble getting purple tulips. >.<

You can only grow 3-4 hybrids per day so the most important thing is to only water the flowers you wish to breed, not every flower in your town. The beach is not any worse - done optimally it will still produce 3 or 4 per day, just like grass. I'm growing black roses right now - I arrange 8 black roses on the beach in a 3x3 box and in the center I plant a fertilizer. I water only those flowers. The next day, I have 3 (sometimes 4) new black roses.

I've been trying for purple pansies and purple tulips (not at the same time) on my beach, and used fertilizer every day... And still nothing :/ I gave up on the pansies and I'm close to giving up on the tulips too. The pansies were arranged one yellow and one hybrid red next to eachother, and the tulips are four red ones like this (x=flower)
oxo
xox
oxo
Though I have gotten some black ones from the tulips, so maybe it's just the purple ones that are really rare?

Last edited:
wait, what does everyone think is the optimal amount of flowers for hybrids? obviously having about 50 pink roses used for breeding is pointless so how many do you think works best?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've been trying for purple pansies and purple tulips (not at the same time) on my beach, and used fertilizer every day... And still nothing :/ I gave up on the pansies and I'm close to giving up on the tulips too. The pansies were arranged one yellow and one hybrid red next to eachother, and the tulips are four red ones like this (x=flower)
oxo
xox
oxo
Though I have gotten some black ones from the tulips, so maybe it's just the purple ones that are really rare?

the purple pansies are probably the most annoying to breed. but i find using blue + hybrid orange/red works best, you could try that?

edit: obviously purple x purple works best, you're as well just buying them and not breeding to get purple haha

Last edited:
I do it with 8 flowers. Figure since 4 is the max of hybrids per day, 4 pairs of 2 would be the most you'd want to bother with to grow them. I bury them in a box shape so they're all adjacent to the fertilizer, too.

Back