• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Best console each generation

DarthGohan1

TBT Old Timer
Retired Staff
Bells
Chocolate Cake
Wallopoid
Wallopoid
Pavé
Cake
5 Envelopes
Mailbox
If you could only have one out of each of the following groups, which would you choose & why?

---

Wii
PS3
None

---

Gamecube
PS2
Xbox
Dreamcast

---

N64
PSX
Saturn

---

SNES
Genesis

Wii
Gamecube
N64
SNES

My PS2 scratches all of it's disks, been like that since day one, my Genesis doesn't work properly SNES works fine.

PS2
PSX
SNES
Basically these consoles had the best exclusives, with the exception of the PSX, which had less great exclusives then the N64, but had a lot of third party games the N64 didn't get. PS2 was definitely the winner of the last console generation. Great exclusives, plenty of third party games the Gamecube never got, and Xbox just didn't have enough. SNES was great. Earthbound, the Mario World games, LTTP, Star Fox. A lot of the best games in Nintendo's big franchises

Last edited:
PS3
PS2
N64
SNES

I love SNES cuz I had one when I was little. N64 because... I mean, c'mon. It was a hard choice between Xbox and PS2. I loved Halo, but that was about it on the original Xbox, other than Fable. But, to me the PS2 had better exclusives. Like Kingdom Hearts, Jak and Daxter, and Ratchet and Clank. With PS3 it was another tough choice. Xbox 360 has my favorite game of all time, Halo 3. But once again I feel PS3 has the better exclusives. Also, the PS3 seems to be nicer and just better built.

Last edited:
PS3
Gamecube
N64
SNES

PS3 because I have more games I enjoy on this console, Gamecube because I pretty much loved every single I game I got, N64 for those amazing games, and SNES because it probably had better games than the Genesis.

PS3
Gamecube
N64
SNES

PS3 because I have more games I enjoy on this console, Gamecube because I pretty much loved every single I game I got, N64 for those amazing games, and SNES because it probably had better games than the Genesis.

It would be the same for me, with the exception of ps3. If I had to pick one it'd be a toss up between 360 and wii, but I could easily live without any of the current gen's consoles and games. Those old nintendo systems are amazing though (especially n64 & snes)!

360 - I'm bias, I've never tried a PS3 and I don't particularly like Wii games
Gamecube - tough choice between this and the Dreamcast but GC wins because I loved every game I had for this system
N64 - Do I need to explain?
SNES - So many good memories with this systems games

It would be the same for me, with the exception of ps3. If I had to pick one it'd be a toss up between 360 and wii, but I could easily live without any of the current gen's consoles and games. Those old nintendo systems are amazing though (especially n64 & snes)!
I dunno, I have played some beautiful games this gen. I picked PS3 because of the exclusives and pretty much anything good I missed on the PS2 is getting a second chance on the PS3. But all the older games could definitely keep me busy for quite a while.

I dunno, I have played some beautiful games this gen. I picked PS3 because of the exclusives and pretty much anything good I missed on the PS2 is getting a second chance on the PS3. But all the older games could definitely keep me busy for quite a while.

I will admit I haven't kept up a lot the last couple years with what exclusives have been released for ps3. I thought LBP was a really cool game... and Heavy Rain was pretty neat too. Tbh I didn't think any of the 360 exclusives were that amazing, though. And the Wii had a couple, but lately everything's seemed like rubbish. All my opinion, of course...

Back