• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Besides Animal Crossing, what are your top 5 favorite video games?

MossyGobbo

Bells
Island
Bulbaville
In no specific order mine are
Skyrim
Pokémon
Kingdom Hearts
Spyro
Phasmophobia

I like a lot of different stuff! It’s unfortunate I don’t have a reliable PC at the moment otherwise this list would probably look a little different *cries in Baldurs Gate*

MediEvil
FFX
Dragon Age: Origins
Bioshock 2
Star Ocean

five is so small... ask me a different time they will change

1. Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64, not the 3DS version)
2. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
4. Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver, Pokemon Platinum (tie)
5. Fantasy Life

This was tough to do, a top 10 would've been easier! The top 3 are pretty well set in their positions, but anything after isn't really tied to its position and could easily change simply based on how I'm feeling at the time I make the list.

Last edited:
Keeping fan made games out... And no repeating of franchises (sorry hgss crystal)

Cassette Beasts
Pokemon Sapphire/Emerald
Warioland4 (may soon be taken over by AntonBlast?)
Tres Bashers
Stardew Valley

I tend to stick to the same few games for eons and then venture out more so I'm not sure that I've played alot of different games compared to other people, but I think I've played a lot of games. But these games I enjoy the most and are my top, and would recommend to anyone. Newbie to video games or not.
Doesn't mean there aren't others I've played and really like, there are probably about 20-30 of those I could list.

Shoot, I always struggle with lists of favorites. 😅 I will list the first 5 that come to mind, in no particular order because I REALLY can't choose then:

Valkyrie Profile
Persona 3
Rune Factory 4
Final Fantasy 7
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

I love many games from these series but those are my favorites and/or mean the most to me out of all of them. It's REALLY hard not to put Mass Effect and Dragon Age up there lmao, maybe a top 10 list would be easier for me. (but probably not!)

it's super hard for me to go by exact games because i have so many that i absolutely love but i'll list my top 5 game series/franchises if that's alright! :lemon:

paper mario series
super mario 3d world (ok not a series but i absolutely love this game to bits!)
legend of zelda
splatoon
kirby
special mentions: terraria and stardew valley considering how much time i've sunk into both games on my pc and switch :blush:

I have lots of games that are considered my favorite so I can't really decide on my top 5 games besides animal crossing but here it is:
  1. Splatoon (2 and 3)
  2. Kirby (basically the entire series)
  3. Pokemon Black and white (1 and 2)
  4. Super Paper Mario
  5. Stardew Valley
And here's some honorable mentions:
  1. Cuphead
  2. Fire Emblem: three houses
  3. Legend of Zelda
So basically, I like games with appealing character designs, lore, and art styles.

Honestly, it's easy for me to do a top 5 of non-AC games since none of them even make my top 25, let alone my top 5, lol.

Anyways, my top 5 as of right now are:
1) Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)
2) Skies of Arcadia: Legends (GCN)
3) A Hat in Time (PC)
4) Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch)
5) Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)

It's honestly hard to see any game displacing my top 2, though there's definitely been a lot of movement after that in the past 6 or so years. Kinda glad it isn't a top 10 since I have, like, 12 games I'd now want to include these days, lmao

I don't think I can rank them in an order but the following came to mind:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. Splatoon 3
4. Fire Emblem 3 Houses
5. Fire Emblem Awakening

Though if two Zeldas and FEs don't count/ aren't distinct enough, the other two I'd mention are these:

6. Genshin Impact
7. Pokémon Heartgold

Haven't played Pokemon Heartgold in probably 10 years or so so I'm not quite sure how I would feel playing it now, but I recall there being so much to do in that game. I even bought the guide books they released lol. 😅 My list is also only based on games I've played. There's many games I've watched that I think I could rank above some of these ones, such as God of War, or The Last Of Us to name a few. 🤔

Back