• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Bayonetta 3

Yes extremely! I saw the newest trailer today and it just keeps looking better and better!

kicking this up, since its out now. so far, i very much like it. i don't know how far i am or how much i have left but i will say, i like Viola a lot and the game is very fun to play as a whole.
i've heard a lot of people are disappointed in the game & the ending and im not sure why. i guess i'll have to keep playing!

i've heard a lot of people are disappointed in the game & the ending and im not sure why. i guess i'll have to keep playing!
i learned why. no specific spoilers but i really hated the ending. story as a whole isnt great. but everything about the game is so cool and fresh.

Do I got this game for Christmas and I wanted to try it and I never played previous entries. I was very confused at the beginning but as I progressed towards the end I got more of a hang on it. I really liked Bayonetta's move set with some weapons (and not some on the others). I liked the story, but the ending really got me a little mixed. I really got to liking Bayonetta but not so much Viola (her move set with the sword was not my favorite.)

As for the ending, to see if I understood it correctly... *spoilers*
Is the franchise doing away with the original Bayonetta and Viola is the new Bayonetta? Cause if so... lord help me with her move set. If B4 doesn't have different weapon choices like B3 did, I may not be happy.

Now that I'm doing, I'm going back in and trying some new chapters and etcetera to see if I missed anything.

Do I got this game for Christmas and I wanted to try it and I never played previous entries. I was very confused at the beginning but as I progressed towards the end I got more of a hang on it. I really liked Bayonetta's move set with some weapons (and not some on the others). I liked the story, but the ending really got me a little mixed. I really got to liking Bayonetta but not so much Viola (her move set with the sword was not my favorite.)

As for the ending, to see if I understood it correctly... *spoilers*
Is the franchise doing away with the original Bayonetta and Viola is the new Bayonetta? Cause if so... lord help me with her move set. If B4 doesn't have different weapon choices like B3 did, I may not be happy.

Now that I'm doing, I'm going back in and trying some new chapters and etcetera to see if I missed anything.
I highly recommend going back and playing 1 + 2. I won't spoil anything about them but some references may be missed and some of the characters may not make 100% sense. 3 does not play like the other 2, really. It feels very very different. Also, none of the stories in any of the games really make TOTAL sense, but they at least aren't as crappy in 1+2.

As for the ending, there's no confirmation on anything regarding whos going to be the next protagonist but all signs are pointing to yes. However, Bayo 3 starts this whole timeline frickery thats really hard to grasp and concept. This is why I recommend playing the first two, also because IMO they have better combat, but essentially each game has a different timeline.

IMO, Viola is a really shoe-d in character. I like how shes SUPPOSED to play, which feels like it should be similar to that of Raiden from Metal Gear Rising, but they handled her VERY poorly and I don't think the Bayo series will fare well with her as the face. She just recently got buffed I suppose & they fixed some of the Nilfheims to make it easier during Viola verses.

There is post-game stuff to do, I personally didn't replay because the story burned me hard but I know there's stuff to do. Fighting Rodin is always something you can do in the trilogy to get a very rare weapon but he's incredibly hard. There's also the umbran tears that unlock story and such.

Also, there's that spinoff thats supposed to maybe give more story behind Bayo 3...?

Played it last year for christmas and honestly it was quite a disapointment and really don't think bayonetta is going to be the same now with kamiya no longer on platinum.

Back