Any Saucy Drama Going on?

Bells
I've been super depressed lately, and one way I help myself feel better is hearing out others' problems and (maybe) give some advice. So go on, tell me what's been going on with y'all! Any juicy work stories, family drama, or friendly scuffles lately?​

It's not the 'fun' or 'interesting' kind of drama. My aunt is an alcoholic. Whenever we go out as a family it feels like thin ice. She'll either get obnoxiously loud or pick on somebody and cause a fight.

There are other drinking problems in our family. She's the worst. She'll shift blame unto everybody else. The saddest part is that I actually like being around her during the times when she's sober. She can be pleasant.

I was venting to my siblings about this once over text. My uncle (who enables her) found out and wanted to take my phone away. If I didn't have them to talk with or complain at, this whole situation would drive me insane.

I'm an adult and my phone is mine. He did not get his hands on it.

It's not the 'fun' or 'interesting' kind of drama. My aunt is an alcoholic. Whenever we go out as a family it feels like thin ice. She'll either get obnoxiously loud or pick on somebody and cause a fight.

There are other drinking problems in our family. She's the worst. She'll shift blame unto everybody else. The saddest part is that I actually like being around her during the times when she's sober. She can be pleasant.

I was venting to my siblings about this once over text. My uncle (who enables her) found out and wanted to take my phone away. If I didn't have them to talk with or complain at, this whole situation would drive me insane.

I'm an adult and my phone is mine. He did not get his hands on it.

Oh my woah. That is...intense. I really hope you can get out of that situation, maybe even cut off the toxic relatives if you can?

Reminds me of my own mom, she wasn't an alcoholic but was VERY addicted to smoking. And when we had no money, she'd throw a huge tantrum and scream until I went out to pilfer cigarettes from the ground outside the local gas station (yes it was super gross I was even caught once and the person thought I was the addict so they scolded me hard). When I finally told her I wouldn't do this for her anymore, she tried kicking me out...and when my brother found out she actually hadn't quit while he was gone for those two years, he was livid. Started a whole huge fight, saying she could 'never trust me anymore' and after that she basically became a Karen. Even stole my benefits money to buy herself beef jerky and cigs, which was the final straw for me.
Post automatically merged:

I rather live a drama free life honestly its better off being boring than so constant misery over seeking drama 24/7 if you ask me.

I agree, but drama always happens somewhere in the world and everyone goes through their own moments of it. Guess I just need to feel less alone in my own misery, my life the past week or so has been super stressful.

Back