• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Balloons

I hadn't heard that the balloon presents would be this way. I'm disappointed. To me, the balloon set is about the ugliest thing you can fill a room with. I've been playing Wild World for how many years, and I still love racing off after a balloon with my golden slingshot because I never know what I'm going to shoot down out of the sky. I don't have every item in the game because I wasn't really obsessive about collecting stuff, so the 'never know what you're going to get' aspect of the balloons was a big draw for me. Oh well, New Leaf has so much new content to offer, maybe it won't bother me as much as I think it will.

Doesn't everyone aim to fill all 4 houses and all the villagers houses with balloons? Obviously this is what Nintendo wants by making you shoot 200 balloons down.

I wish all the little HHA goodies (even more balloons!) came attached to those balloons. Seeing as I doubt I'll get many streetpasses, so it'd be another way to get them.

Oh come on guys, it's not that bad. I mean, all together, it looks horrible but individually, the pieces look okay. The wall looks fine if it was alone, and the floor reminds me of a ball pit. I'm gonna shoot 'em all down just so I can order them.

The dog lamp is adorable.

omg I didn't knew about this. What do they have inside their head ? It's ****ing stupid. How is it possible that nobody at Nintendo said it's gonna suck really bad without random items ?

I wish there were random items included. After people get the full set, no one will be shooting down balloons unless they want the badge.

Yeah, alright. I mean, sure the balloon set is quite colorful and gaudy, but that doesn't mean you should let this aspect of the game ruin it for you all. There's so many other cool things to do now. This AC game has done more than any of the past games, so it'd be a shame if people put this off or let their experience be ruined by one small detail.

Doesn't everyone aim to fill all 4 houses and all the villagers houses with balloons? Obviously this is what Nintendo wants by making you shoot 200 balloons down.

I wish all the little HHA goodies (even more balloons!) came attached to those balloons. Seeing as I doubt I'll get many streetpasses, so it'd be another way to get them.

That's a hilarious mental image! I would be tempted to do that just once, except that Lyle from the HHA is all, "You know Baloon Items don't add any value to your score, right?"

"PPPBBTTHH!!!!" I fart in your general direction, Lyle. Anyway, I would enjoy getting random toys and ice cream from the ballons, if Nintendo didn't want to put serious furniture in there.

Honestly, I hardly ever shot down balloons in the other games. Having a specific set to be only obtainable from the sky will have me shooting down more balloons, no matter how hideous the set is. I still would want to complete the set. Having random items in it wouldn't make me want to carry around my slingshot more often either. Usually the furniture in it isn't that great anyways. I don't see what the big fuss is about.

Honestly I don't like the balloon set but I will collect it just to have and to use the slingshot.

Errghh the balloon furniture looks like something a rainbow pony puked up
rainbowangry.jpg

Oh...sorry

I don't like the balloon set either, but I will still collect it and store it. I'm not really that bothered, but I suppose it is a waste of the balloons that fly over town.

That's a hilarious mental image! I would be tempted to do that just once, except that Lyle from the HHA is all, "You know Baloon Items don't add any value to your score, right?"

"PPPBBTTHH!!!!" I fart in your general direction, Lyle. Anyway, I would enjoy getting random toys and ice cream from the ballons, if Nintendo didn't want to put serious furniture in there.

After writing that I was sat wondering if it'd be worth attempting to do. There's plenty of garish external house parts that can be used too. And you could trollishly streetpass someone and give them 4 eyewatering houses all at once!

LOL! I approve of your attitude to Lyle. I never put any basis behind the HRA. I'll eventually conform to their styles and use them for their items, but those guys just don't understand true interior style. :p

I will just keep my slingshot to get the balloon popping badge. Also I'm sure the balloon items will make for some good bells. :)

Yeah, alright. I mean, sure the balloon set is quite colorful and gaudy, but that doesn't mean you should let this aspect of the game ruin it for you all. There's so many other cool things to do now. This AC game has done more than any of the past games, so it'd be a shame if people put this off or let their experience be ruined by one small detail.
No one said it was going to ruin the whole game. It's just stupid that they just completely downgraded a fun aspect of the game.

I think the Balloon set is adorable, personally! :) But, I won't be carrying around a slingshot with me 24/7, because shooting down balloons was never a huge priority for me. I'd rather dig up fossils or plant flowers or go fishing or catch bugs. :p

They should make exclusive DLC items you can only get certain days and from random balloons.

Back