• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Baby Mafia - Main thread.

attempting to guess the remaining roles:

rosetti: idk probably some1 sus
shellbell: clam chowder soup
equity: detective pikachu
lynn: a cookie runner
emolga: a emolga pretending to be a squirtle
kiko: 10 shy guys stacked into 1 giant shy guy

equity: detective pikachu

Detective Pikachu?! I wish! 😂 Tried to RP but I guess it wasn’t enough (didn’t know who my character was)...

Also wanted to say that I’m so sorry for sussing you and @BungoTheElf! The Tessa situation got me sussing you hard... and Lynn, well... there weren’t that many players left! 🥲

my character was (is) super hard to roleplay as... i don't think the character ever had any lines? my only hint i'll say is my character is from the mario universe.
after those reveals I now understand why kattea was constantly making asian food! lmao mama's eyes 😂

Why everyone guessed kiko as shy guy just because their avi was shy guy..???????

Anyways I'll do the wrap up post.
Post automatically merged:

Kilza 3
Mistreil 0
Ionic 2
Kiko (1)
Kattea 2
Shell 3
Tessa 1
BungoTheElf 4
Equity 5
Rosetti 1
(my count for guesses + being guessed. (sorry mistreil.))

Also equity will get a ~ooo~ 15 tbt bounty for being the best at guessing giving them 20 tbt.

peach.png

Peach
Ability: thundercloud. Once per game, you can roleblock all town players. (They get notified.)

black.png

Ability: Spirit Diary
You can communicate with a dead player once per game, and you get an (unsorted) list of all the players that visited them. (Unlocks lap 3)
Among us Guy

red.png

also among us guy
Ability: Star.
Once per game, during the night, you can activate your ability and you can't die during the night or the day after. wait....

gingerbrave.png

Gingerbrave
Ability: Gun. You can shoot someone during the night (unlocks n3)

toad.png

Ability: Item box. You can charge someones ability (if they don't have it yet) or recharge someones ability (if it's single use.)

PPlant.png

Ability: screenpeek. Once per game, you can see who used their abilities that night.

So... thanks for playing everyone. I'm not the best at hosting mafia (and I skipped a lot of the rules because I wanted to simplify it.) However, I'm a sucker for building setups.

The reason this setup is the way it is is two fold. One: I didn't want any of the players to be frusturated that they didn't have an ability, or didn't have a useful ability. My goal was to get as many people as invested as possible. In THAT sense the setup was created. The town abilities were generally all powerful enough to have play, but also not good enough that it was just a town autowin.

(Shellbell hitting Rosetti early was a fluke and even still town ~could~ have lost.)

No reveal was also intentional. When new players are mafia, they generally have a lot of tells that are easier to pick up on. Not being able to force the association. (Oh, Mistreil was mafia, so X must be mafia with them.) was part of what I think making it easier on the noobies were. Of course, to counterbalance that only 2 of the mafia could work together.

Other than that, I didn't actually think it would get too complicated. You guys were capable of working it out and like dang. I'm proud.

Thank you again for coming to baby park. It's been an honor.

Last edited:
oooh ok now i see why @Equity was italicizing everytime she said sus. and she said it A LOT. also, what? your star is mistreil's star???
peach's pic is muah
@shawo i just want to say i loved this experience, it was so wonderful for my first mafia game. the thought you put into planning this is very much appreciated. everyone was also really helpful with letting me learn all the terminology and stuff. THANK YOU. baby park will forever be in my heart.

@shawo i adore your art

also

Once per game, during the night, you can activate your ability and you can't die during the night or the day after. wait....
i cant tell if shawo is messing with me and my made up star ability or if @Equity was the one messing with me

i refuse to believe i actually guessed the star effect properly

The way I didn't get a single one right

I remember Equity saying "fishy" at one point and I was like "alright guys, I'm guessing Equity's nemo"

As you can see I kinda failed LOL
you did better than me, my braincells were empty although i definitely knew some of the connections

i guessed everyone as Yoshi and i was sorely disappointed

Okay, I'm gonna just post what I guessed when I died, because lmao I was way off on everybody but Karma (and somehow Shell kinda sorta?)
~Kilza~ said:
lmao, I have no idea for 9 of these, and I'm totally just making up characters for some, but, here we go:
Mistreil: Baby Yoshi
Kattea: Baby Rosalina

shellbell: Baby Toad
kikotoot: Bowser Jr.
Emolga59: Baby DK
Rosetti: Baby Peach
IonicKarma: Baby Luigi
BungoTheElf: Baby Daisy
thetessagrace: Baby Boo
Equity: Baby Wario
I saw my identity and thought we were gonna all be baby Mario Kart characters, but guess not!

Thanks for hosting this game, shawo!

Okay, I'm gonna just post what I guessed when I died, because lmao I was way off on everybody but Karma (and somehow Shell)

I saw my identity and thought we were gonna all be baby Mario Kart characters, but guess not!

Thanks for hosting this game, shawo!
this is why you were killed night 1. if you can guess i was toad imagine how good you would've been at guessing who squirtle squad was

this is why you were killed night 1. if you can guess i was toad imagine how good you would've been at guessing who squirtle squad was
lol, not sure if shawo will give out links to all the chats or not, but I did correctly guess who 2/3 of the mafia were in spec chat during N2, and pieced it together during D3 though don't look at my reads in baby chat where I had Mistreil as my 2nd most town lean after D1 and Equity as my lone scum lean

Thank you for organizing such a fun game @shawo; I can tell you've put a lot of thought and effort into this! Although I'm a bit brain dead after all this reading/thinking, I really enjoyed my very first mafia game! I learned so much! And wow, your art is golden @shawo! 👌

I can't believe I guessed the most characters correctly! I honestly had no idea who some of guys were! 😅

oooh ok now i see why @Equity was italicizing everytime she said sus. and she said it A LOT.
YES (it was @shawo's idea actually)!! Finally someone noticing my effort... that's also why I tried acting a bit sussy at the beginning and saying things like "calling for an emergency meeting"!
also, what? your star is mistreil's star???
i cant tell if shawo is messing with me and my made up star ability or if @Equity was the one messing with me
Wait, what's going on @shawo?! I swear I didn't lie @shellbell, @Mistreil! 😂 Sadly, I never got to use it.

I remember Equity saying "fishy" at one point and I was like "alright guys, I'm guessing Equity's nemo"
B-but... What about my italicized susses? 😢 (I'm assuming you were heavily influenced by my avi/sig)

lol, not sure if shawo will give out links to all the chats or not, but I did correctly guess who 2/3 of the mafia were in spec chat during N2, and pieced it together during D3 though don't look at my reads in baby chat where I had Mistreil as my 2nd most town lean after D1 and Equity as my lone scum lean
Wow, kudos to you for being able to guess them right by yourself!! Also, I had my reasons for acting a little sussy despite being a townie! 😢

Ohhhh my Godddd, Equity was role playing so hard and I didn’t even notice! And every time Lynn said she was going for a run I was like wow, she’s so active!

Not very good at this.. >_<

Thanks for the game @shawo, I had so much fun! Great experience for my first mafia game. <3

Last edited:
OK SO

ty shawo for the game!! It was certainly a bit frustrating at times especially with the wacky roles/abilities and I wish there were death role reveals but after reading what u said it makes sense but also some of u guys were just really good at lying anyways LOL

I feel bad at the end literally the only person I trusted was equity bc I was so confused. I think part of the reason I wasn't sold on emolga is bc he's my friend and outside of mafia convos he seemed pretty normal??? But looks like I should not trust that haha

AND ALSO I WAS LIKE SO TESSA IS CHARA??? But this is such a meme game idk how I didn't see sans coming...omg
Some of these characters are funny but yeah idk how you guys would rp them LOL

also I'm interested in reading obs chat if you are going to publicly reveal it @shawo !

btw I have the best character art
gingerbrave-png.379263

Ohhhh my Godddd, Equity was role playing so hard and I didn’t even notice! And every time Lynn said she was going for a run I was like wow, she’s so active!

Not very good at this.. >_<

Thanks for the game @shawo, I had so much fun! Great experience for my first mafia game. <3
WAIT DID U REALLY THINK I WAS GOING ON RUNS TO GET JELLY???? im honored you think i exercise

Ohhhh my Godddd, Equity was role playing so hard and I didn’t even notice!
All I have to say is... I tried!! 😂 When you mentioned those rainbow grilled cheese sandwiches, I couldn’t help but think of Cooking Mama! 😆

I feel bad at the end literally the only person I trusted was equity bc I was so confused.
I’m honoured I could still be trusted! 🤣

I think part of the reason I wasn't sold on emolga is bc he's my friend and outside of mafia convos he seemed pretty normal??? But looks like I should not trust that haha

WAIT DID U REALLY THINK I WAS GOING ON RUNS TO GET JELLY???? im honored you think i exercise
PLS I THOUGHT YOU WERE BEING SERIOUS ABT YOU GOING ON RUNS AND I WAS LIKE "Damn, I should rly exercise for once"

Also it feels good being able to not have someone be 100% onto me LOL

Why everyone guessed kiko as shy guy just because their avi was shy guy..???????

I know!! I mean, I did end up doing very little role-playing. I made one mention of it being hard to get around (as I'm a plant), and then another time said I wanted to throw a spiked ball at the mafs, but otherwise that was it. In hindsight I should've been like: "This situation really ruffles my foliage". I saw Kilza guessed me as Bowser Jr in the spec chat, and honestly, my day 2 behavior was 100% Bowser Jr. I can see where you were going with that :p

I was off the grid for the past few days so missed the after party, but it was super fun being a part of this! Thank you a ton shawo for hosting and everyone else for participating (and tolerating the tempest that is me, oops).

Not knowing the list of possible powerups, and not having reveals of the dead people, really made the game come to life and feel real and special (and fostered *lots* of paranoia). Mistreil's meme of the last day literally had me cry-laughing cuz it really was just straight intensity for those 36hrs.

Anywho, yeah! This was a fantastic experience. It was great to play with everyone here and I'm looking forward to hopefully getting to play with you again in the future. And another huge thanks to Shawo for making it all possible. I don't think anyone could've created quite the same experience. Seeing the final reveal of abilities and things, the game definitely looks really well balanced, which would've been super hard to achieve while creating the same level of liveliness that you did. 10/10!

Back