• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Baby Mafia - Main thread.

shawo

Bells
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Silver Moon Jellyfish
Red Super Star Trophy
Moon Ball
Moon Ball
Aurora Sky
Lucky
Lucky
BABY GUIDE TO MAFIA.

Some amount of people are randomly selected to be mafia, and some are randomly selected to be town.

When you’re town your goal is to vote out all the mafia, when you’re mafia your goal is to murder the town.

Every day you vote for one person and the majority dies.

Everyone has a cool superpower that they might want to keep hidden, or they can use to help find the mafia.

Mafia also has cool items to help them win. The most important thing you can do is talk at least a few times each day. You can ask people questions, interrogate them, or pretend you’re playing a different, probably better game!

If you’re worried about playing badly, don’t. The goal is literally to have fun. (And win I guess.) So don’t ruin anyone's fun or I will ruin you.

Click above if you've never played mafia before! Of course feel free to ask any questions to me (in private conversation, or in this thread.)

IMPORTANT: This is Vrisnems rule thread. I won’t make you read it, but I will summarize it for you.
Guidelines for TBT Mafia | The Bell Tree Animal Crossing Forums (belltreeforums.com)

I got a violation in mafia, but it’s honestly really hard to do unless you’re dumb (read: shawo)
Basically, even though we’re playing mafia, don’t be rude! If you feel the need to name call, feel free to use the less insulting, but still insulting (shawo) instead of something terrible or bad.

You can threaten people to violence as long as it’s in reference to the in game thread.

Read: I want to kill you, is cool, unless me or vrisnem think you actually want to kill this person. That is bad. Do not do that.

Do not bypass the censor (this is what got me.) No matter how badly you want to swear. Just… read your thing over and edit it out.

Note: if any of these things get out of hand. I am obligated to report them. If I think things are getting heated (but not breaking the rules) I may contact you personally and ask you to de-escalate (because we’re trying to have fun.)

Also apparently I can give you a tbt violation for cheating which is pretty funny. Don’t cheat I guess.

There’s more but this is the important parts. I tried to make it funny so I hope you enjoyed reading it.

Oh and if you've read my summary please heart emoji react the post.

Ok! The important things about the game.
Mistreil
Kattea
Kilza
Shellbell
Kikotoot
Emolga
Rosetti
IonicKarma
BungotheElf
TheTessGrace
Equity

DAY 1 WILL BEGIN AT 12 AM EST OF THE 27th, AND END AT 12 PM EST ON THE 28TH.
Which means a day will take 36 hours. At the end of those 36 hours I will finalize the votes and choose one player to eliminate. After that, there will be a 12 hour “night” where the thread will be locked, and everyone can use their items and stuff. Also the mafia kill someone.

1 Day night cycle will take 2 days.

I will request that you formally attempt to make like. One post a day. The problem with mafia is that no one can tell that you’re mafia if you don’t talk. Or that you aren’t mafia. If you feel that you ever can’t meet this requirement, please request to be replaced!

To vote someone out, there will be a separate vote thread here!

That’s it for the very lame rules, let’s get to the game.
Post automatically merged:

Speed is merely a word for how far away I can get from you.
-Shawo.

Some people would name it a curse, while others would name it a blessing. You’ve seen this show a hundred times on twitch. People drifting for their lives while you see the unfortunate die. The winner crowned in the glory of first, and the losers fade away to obscurity.

What they don’t tell you is how the people are picked. Goombas disguised as delivery men drag you out of your home. They mask you, then force you to drive a kart. Hundreds of thousands of coins are passed between Mushroom Oligarchs. All to watch 12 people spin around on a kart.

All you can hear right now is the sound of an explosion behind you. You wince. Number 12 is out.

You thought that all of you had discussed this beforehand. “Don’t use any items that kill.”

Banana peels are harmless. Even if you’re going at 200 MPH, the worst thing that happens is spinning out.

But bob-ombs? Heartless.

You’re sure that some of the racers must be corporate spies. Hidden pawns.

But is it even possible to figure it out and get them out of the game while racing around this accursed track?

Welcome to baby park. The Mushroom Kingdom’s worst gambling house.

Last edited:
DAY 1 HAS BEGUN! DAY 1 WILL END 12 PM EST ON 5/28.
sorry for starting it late I was hungry.

I will also be hosting a small bounty. When a player dies I will allow them to guess the identity of every other player in the game, whilst also allowing everyone to guess them.

For each guess you get correct you get a Whopping 1 tbt.

For each person that guesses you, you also get 1 tbt. Person who guesses the most people correct gets a slightly larger, but still affordable tbt bounty.

(This will be null and void if you just say who you are, so roleplay. No hints either. Or confirmations.)

you'll get bored here. if you haven't gotten bored already, i mean.

(also just wanted to say my mention didn't show up in my alerts yay)

That one worked C:

What's your experience with mafia?

I've played once, and me and Dinotown had some heated conversations. (Dinotown is chill though nothing against you I swear) Let's just say I hate being on the mafia's side.

Did you want to be mafia or town.

I wanted to be town as I said earlier C:

Do you like or dislike Baby Park.

I like it because I can overlap my friends and show them my mad skills.

What's your alignment.

What's yours?

Favorite meme?

I have a whole pinterest board if you guys wanna check it out: the pinterest board of memes and funny things

If you guys want some questions to start the game with.

This is my first time! Though I play one night-werewolf a lot

Either would be fun, I suppose town folks would take better care with their watering habits.

Baby Park is strictly a 200cc course, anything less and you're defeating the purpose of its chaos imo

What's your alignment.

You tell me what you think it is and I'll run with it 👀 (maybe)

Favorite meme?

Anything by Mistreil

I've never heard of mafia till 2 days ago.
Being mafia sounds fun
man, I suck at racing. at least you can't fall off in baby park. Right??
What's your alignment.
uh.......... good?
Favorite meme?
I don't meme, sorry.

Anything by Mistreil

What a good answer

I played Town of Salem a ton back in 2014-16 and EpicMafia a handful of times, last time being in 2018. My experience in forum mafia pales in comparison, though.

Didn't matter to me. Just roll with what you're given, y'know?

Hy9RTDq.png

What's your alignment.
You already know what it is, shawo ;)

Favorite meme?
Steamed Hams

did y'all get a little drawing of your character from shawo? mine's amazing lol. (remember we can't say who we are)

Hi everyone!

I’ve never played mafia on a forum before, but I've played alot of similar games like Resistance, Werewolf, and Spyfall.

Both would be fun in different ways. Getting away with a lie can be quite satisfying, but so is using your deduction skills to sniff out the mafia.

I don't play Mario Kart. Baby Park isn't my favourite track aesthetically, but it's still fun to watch.

What's your alignment.
Something boring, like neutral good.

Favorite meme?
Any Avatar the Last Airbender memes.

Good morning everycookie! 😌 I'm off to do my daily run and will be hard at work collecting jellies! I will try to answer the questions and catch up with you all when I return around 3pm est or whenever I can catch a break 🏃‍♂️

did y'all get a little drawing of your character from shawo? mine's amazing lol. (remember we can't say who we are)
I did! Hopefully we can all share them at the end of the game, mine's great so i'd love to see everyone else's LOL

played once in 2016, game was hosted by @Jacob AND HE THREW ME IN THE DEEP END BY BEING MAFIA IT WAS THE MOST STRESSFUL THING EVER

so after that experience I didn’t play for a long time, when I ‘picked it back up’ I was kicked out night/round 1 straight away lol - this has happened twice LOL PLS I JUST WANT TO PLAY

Kind wanted to be mafia (maybe I am sike to all of u!!!) - I enjoy crafting a psychological warfare - but I do not like being in the middle of that!

it’s a love hate relationship xo

What's your alignment.

the same as baby park’s.

Favorite meme?

I
rly like Kermit LMAOO

also going to take this opportunity to let people know my timezone is BST/GMT+1, so if I’m not around during certain times I’m most likely asleep

BUT ALSO - my final uni submission is at the start of next week (but my aim is to submit it early/this weekend) - this means I can’t be tooo invested in the game, but I also want to have fun anyway and I think this is the best approach for that, super casual! (I SAY THIS NOW LMAO HOPEFULLY THIS STAYS LIKE THAT BUT U NEVER KNOW WITH TBT MAFIA)

hope everyone has a good time!! 💜

On break hehe I will find my alignment and find memes later

I started playing mafia when it was popular in the old days of tbt, but I was never really good- I understood how to play but was never really good at strategizing or making any relevant conversation. I've also just played small mafia-like games over the years like push the button and others, I prefer faster paced games since there's less stress

TOWN i HATE being mafia it stresses me out a lot

It's ok, I'd say I like it I guess. It's fun and chaotic

What's your alignment.

Like in game or just in general? I will have to pull up a quiz if in general but in game I'm good aligned

Favorite meme?

This is a hard question, i really like weird funny pictures if those count

i played a version of it (Rabbit Doubt) back in ye olde MSN days. and then lots of epicmafia!

no preference -- whenever i want one, i end up as the other. both are fun!

love.
cant fall off a map if theres no ledges

What's your alignment.
im not sure what alignments we're talking about but if its the lawful-chaotic one: true neutral.

Favorite meme?
teddybear with really long legs. see my ask-thread cause im too lazy on mobile

aND NOW.... GREETINGS

unknown.png

sup​

welcome to baby park whats your ride

Played a lot of it on IRC many years ago, and some on Starcraft 2, haven't touched it in like, 5+ years now
I love being town usually because protecting people is more fun than killing people
Depends on the day LOL
What's your alignment.
Chaotic Good probably o:
Favorite meme?
Mistreil

I got killed the first night in the one tbt game I've played, I've also played with friends irl prior tho

I like town better

Love-hate, depending in if competitive mk or no

What's your alignment.
I took a test recently and it said that I was a Chaotic Neutral

Favorite meme?
Any Mistreil meme

i am honoured by the respect my memes are receiving

in true mistreil nature, i shall attempt to bribe for my life: ill be a good newpaper delivery person and deliver fresh memes every morning with the assistance of my handy dandy tricycle. so please dont kill me.
or like at least let me live for a day or 2. please i want to rise higher than 11th place -- i got to 9th in the last tbtwc competitive (by the power of other people dcing but it counts)

None, I've stumbled upon one of the TBT threads once but never joined. I believe I understand the gist though!

Either, but town seems more aligned with my values!

N/A, I don't play MK8 unfortunately. From what I've seen on the TBT streams, however, Baby Park looks fun (perhaps not too complicated for beginners)!

What's your alignment.
N/A, didn't know what this meant until I Googled it! However, I can say that I'm more of a pacifist... this question is kinda sus tho.

Favorite meme?
N/A, not on social media enough to offer an informed opinion!

Yay, looks like the gang’s all here. I’ll make us all rainbow grilled cheese sandwiches and we can start sussing each other.

i am honoured by the respect my memes are receiving

in true mistreil nature, i shall attempt to bribe for my life: ill be a good newpaper delivery person and deliver fresh memes every morning with the assistance of my handy dandy tricycle. so please dont kill me.
or like at least let me live for a day or 2. please i want to rise higher than 11th place -- i got to 9th in the last tbtwc competitive (by the power of other people dcing but it counts)
well it seems like we need to keep mistreil, their meme bribe is working on me. BUT perhaps that's their strategy being mafia?!

Back