At what point do you relax and decide that no one is moving?

cheezu

Bells
Switch
0044-9828-4409
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
I grill my villagers everyday as I'm quite paranoid about any of my dreamies moving out but sometimes it gets to the point of being tiring. I load the game multiple times, make sure to catch everyone outside, wait for any pings and talk to them several times over. :p So at what point do you decide that no one is moving for the day?

I have some dreamies now but never drill them. I never load the game multiple times. I just play the game and talk to everybody just a couple of times. Sometimes wait a few hours and then play again. Sometimes I can't find a villager ,well then I'll just talk to them te next day. Never had a problem. Don't be too paranoid.....that ruins the game for you... :)

I spam talk my villagers to raise our friendship and get chores, so I find out pretty soon if someone's moving :p

I just make sure if i'm seeing someone for the first time that day, that I walk in front of them.

I talk to at least 3 of my villagers 5 times per, and try to walk by everyone to see if they ping. I never 100% fully relax, but that gets me 95%.

As cruel as this sounds: if you have a favorite villager one way to make sure they stay is by lowering their friendship. Hit them with nets and hammers, push them around.

Villagers with higher frienships are more likely to move.

I know this will work if you target a single villager- but don't know about more than one.

As cruel as this sounds: if you have a favorite villager one way to make sure they stay is by lowering their friendship. Hit them with nets and hammers, push them around.

Villagers with higher frienships are more likely to move.

I know this will work if you target a single villager- but don't know about more than one.

hehe... yeah. I once read an incorrect guide that suggested doing that to unwanted villagers. Well, my villager only ended up getting sick after I hit her with the net repeatedly. I had to buy her medicine to get her out of the house again after which when she pinged me to move but refused to leave in the end as she wanted to "work on our friendship"... lol

But somehow, I wouldn't have the heart to treat my dreamies that way. :p Plus I still want their picture.

I don't talk to all my villagers everyday and I never get any surprises when it comes to moving, so I guess I'm relaxed all the time.

I'm not sure whether me and Colton are besties. He always writes in his letters from your best friend, but I don't know if it really means that. I try to talk to my villagers and send them letters.

I make sure to talk to all of my villagers at least twice a day and see if anybody pings me to move. I've been doing pretty well so far because I haven't lost any of my villagers yet!

2-3 days after the last one tried to move I start expecting moveouts. I just make sure I walk in front of every villager once every day to test for a ping, saving and quitting if necessary to get the right ones to come outside. Been playing since September and I've never had anyone move without telling me - I think the least amount of warning I had was 4 days.

After having talked to Annalise at least 5 times since she's the one who always mentions someone is thinking of leaving (Diana, who is also a snooty, doesn't and I have no idea why not). If Annalise isn't around then I talk to either Wendy or Bruce since they'll also mention when someone's thinking of leaving. And if I can then I try to make sure Annalise is the first one I see when I start up my game so that she can ping me in case she is the one thinking of moving (seems to be working so far!).

Last edited:
When villagers start talking about rumors around the village, then I know someone is not moving. To put it better, this will help. This is from the AC wikia about rumors in New Leaf.

Cranky villagers will state that rumors can be frightening.

Jock villagers may ask to spread rumors about their latest world record, or complain that others say that they are a prince from another planet.

Normal villagers will comment that they will only spread rumors they have seen themselves.

Smug villagers may remark that they have done things with other villagers, but refuse to elaborate on the details.

Snooty villagers will use fabricated examples to show the player that simple rumors can spread very quickly.

Uchi villagers will complain that rumors are circulating that they are known for one sport, when it is in fact another.

Peppy villagers will ask about the latest gossip in town but the mayor will not reveal anything.

I added in the peppy villagers one. But when more than one villager starts talking about any of those rumors, then I know that no one is moving. I always try to get more than one villager to talk about the rumors because there was an instance where I heard the village rumors from a villager only to find out from another that the first villager was thinking of moving.

Atleast 3 villagers will ask per month if you have a total of 10 villagers. (and you keep saying no to one )
Atleast 2 will ask per month if you have 9-8 with villagers moving in.

Nobody will ask to move within the 3-4 days someone moves in or out, or has asked to move.

I cycle a lot so yeah, based on my experiences these are true.

Last edited:
Back