• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

assistance completing museum collection

quinnetmoi

Bells
Switch
3048-5803-8120
New Horizons Token
Red Cosmos
I'm not sure if this has been done before so please let me know if it has!

I wanted to create a thread for me (and others) to share month by month and update posts as we go of the things we are missing. There is a phone app called ACNL Guide that has checklists of every fish, bug, painting, diving item to help you figure out what you need in order to complete your museum!

I have been struggling big time to find things I need, such as fish, and I just thought it would be nice to have a place for moral support and tips to catching or obtaining the things needed to work towards this huge accomplishment.

Last edited:
This is a great idea! :)

This is my personal list of the 4 fish/sea creatures I still need:
Diving
Spider Crab:
- March (all day rare)
- April (all day rare)
Spiny Lobster:
- Sep 16-30 (9pm-4am very rare)
- Oct (9pm-4am rare)
- Nov (9pm-4am rare)
- Dec (9pm-4am rare)

Fishing
Saddled Bichir:
- June (9pm-4am very rare)
- July (9pm-4am very rare)
- August (9pm-4am very rare)
- September (9pm-4am very rare)
Mitten Crab:
- Sept. 16-30 (9pm-4am rare)
- October (9pm-4am rare)
- November (9pm-4am rare)

Do we know if we can go to other people's towns and go searching for them together? Bc that would be fun c:

You don’t need to turn off the beautiful town ordinance, just use the rotten perfect fruit from a tree that’s finished or spoiled turnips.

You don’t need to turn off the beautiful town ordinance, just use the rotten perfect fruit from a tree that’s finished or spoiled turnips.

Good ideas!
When/how do I cause the fruit to spoil?
My town is full of perfects so no shortage there. I've just never noticed them spoiling.

Ah! Turnips! I honestly have never participated in the turnip thing. I have to figure out how to buy some. :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is a great idea! :)

This is my personal list of the 4 fish/sea creatures I still need:
Diving
Spider Crab:
- March (all day rare)
- April (all day rare)
Spiny Lobster:
- Sep 16-30 (9pm-4am very rare)
- Oct (9pm-4am rare)
- Nov (9pm-4am rare)
- Dec (9pm-4am rare)

Fishing
Saddled Bichir:
- June (9pm-4am very rare)
- July (9pm-4am very rare)
- August (9pm-4am very rare)
- September (9pm-4am very rare)
Mitten Crab:
- Sept. 16-30 (9pm-4am rare)
- October (9pm-4am rare)
- November (9pm-4am rare)

Do we know if we can go to other people's towns and go searching for them together? Bc that would be fun c:

I think this is a really great idea since hunting for these can be lonely and tedious sometimes. I could definitely use the company! Also since bugs and fish still spawn even on the island, I don't see why not.

Last edited:
Perfect fruit trees only yield six or seven harvests then they’ll kind of crumble and the last fruit is a rotten one (with two perfects) but then it can be chopped down.... You buy turnips from Joan on Sunday mornings, it depends on what she’s selling them for but it’s still a hella expensive fly but it definitely works better than trash or turning off beautiful town ordinance.

MARCH 2020

Bugs: Fly, Ant
Fish: Barred Knifejaw, Char, Coelacanth, Koi, Oarfish.
Diving: Clam, Lobster, Scallop, Red King Crab, Sea Cucumber, Snow Crab, Spider Crab, Turban Shell

Back