• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

AMA Ask SM64's #1 Fan!

do you own the silversoft cat webkinz? (i know you’re a webkinz collector and i was just asking bc the silversoft cat was my favorite childhood toy)
I know which one that is and I don't currently own it. that's one of those plushies that I don't actively seek out, but if I find it at a thrift store or smth I'll def pick it up 😁

i'm bored haha
459086133033172992.gif

I apologize if any of these were already asked. 29 pages is a lot to go through.

1. Do you have a favorite sea creature?
2. Do have a favorite Paper Mario game?

I apologize if any of these were already asked. 29 pages is a lot to go through.

1. Do you have a favorite sea creature?
2. Do have a favorite Paper Mario game?
you're good I know there are a lot of posts here 😆

1. I've always been really fond of sea lions, since I was a kid I thought they were cute. I also like giant isopods (thanks to animal crossing) but tbh I would prob be kinda scared if I saw one irl lol

2. my favorite Paper Mario game has been the OG on the N64 since I played through it for the first time in 2013. I also own Super Paper Mario on the Wii but I like the RPG battle elements in the original, which SMP lacks. I've unfortunately never had the honor of playing The Thousand-Year Door or any of the ones after the Wii one, but I hope someday I can say I've played them all! even if Sticker Star and Color Splash really aren't that great oops

Have you ever heard of the GBA game Napoleon?
I haven't! though tbf I only had a few GBA games as a kid (namely Pokemon, Super Mario Advance 1, Warioware Twisted, and some Polly Pocket game lol) so I wasn't, and still am not, aware of quite a few GBA games. by the time I was getting into portable consoles the DS Lite was out 😌

was looking back through this thread and some of my old opinions were really stupid and misled so I'm gonna respond to some of them (as well as a few of my favorite comments here haha) bc I'm bored so why not 😁
Mainstream, probably the sidescrollers (NSMB Wii, for example).

I don't know why, but they're not as fun as older sidescrollers like SMWorld. The fact that they made 4 of them is astonishing. I gotta go either 2D or 3D; no in-between.

Spin-offs, there are actually quite a few I don't like:

Mario Kart DS, Double Dash, Super Circuit

Pretty much every party game except 1 and 8

All the sports games like hoops, super strikers, sluggers, olympics, etc.

But I think that's all.
the question here was what are my least favorite games in the Super Mario series. I'll go through these in a list:
regarding the side-scrollers: they're okay. I don't dislike them but I strongly prefer the 3D platformers and the older 2D platformers on NES/SNES.
regarding Mario Kart: I still don't like MKDS after all these years. the controls are too janky for me to get a feel for it. plus playing Mario Kart games on DS/3DS lowkey make my hands cramp rip.
I have no idea why I put Double Dash here, because not only do I not recall a time when I disliked that game, but despite its somewhat janky control I consider it to be a very solid entry in the series. not to mention it's the only game where I can play as Wario AND Waluigi at the same time so it automatically gets brownie points for that lol.
and I'm really confused as to why Super Circuit is on here. I had never even played it until I got it on 3DS Virtual Console a few months ago. I wouldn't say it's one of my favorite MK games but it's pretty solid and fun to play.
regarding Mario Party: this comment is just incredibly stupid. those two games were the only games I had played in the series up to that point, besides a bit of gameplay from MP9. I would like to point out that I still have not had an opportunity to play any of the four MP games on the gamecube.
I do still really enjoy 1 and 8, but I now have a soft spot for Mario Party 3 mostly bc Waluigi and Daisy are playable characters. I'm also a biiiiig fan of Superstars on the Switch, easily one of my favorite entries in the series and one of my favorite Switch games.
regarding Mario Sports games: the only games I've played in this series are Mario Tennis on the N64 and the basketball game on the DS. I don't really have an opinion on these games bc I haven't played them. from what I've seen they seem pretty solid. they're not necessarily right up my alley but I don't dislike them.

If you were to ask me now what is my least favorite game in the entire series, including spin-offs, the only one I can say I really don't like is Mario Kart DS. and even that's not that bad of a game. I just think it's janky as hell.

I don't think so. I've played quite a few Zelda games and OOT is still my favorite ^^
the question was "is OOT an overrated game?" I don't necessarily think Ocarina of Time is overrated, but I do believe there are other fantastic Zelda games that don't get nearly as much attention though they deserve it, and I think in that sense perhaps OOT is kinda overrated. I still consider it one of my favorite games in the series, though.

Well obviously I'm not going to include my not favorites so I'm just gonna leave the Virtual Boy out of this :lemon:
And diagrams are overrated but I will try to add one.

I have had an NES for almost 7 years so I have no reason to buy a NES Classic edition. Part of the reason why I love it so much it because it's like an 80's pop culture icon, and I love anything and everything that has to do with the 1980's. I also really love NES music, because that 8-bit sound is unique and very recognizable. Another thing I like about it is how many awful games it produced, but for the few that were actually pretty good, they were all-time classics. Oh, and SMB3? Gotta love that tanooki suit.:lemon:

The SNES actually is one of my top favorite video game consoles of all time, particularly because I spent half of my childhood playing Super Mario World and SimCity. I'm actually playing SimCity as we speak.Some of my best memories were from times I played the SNES, and I am constantly reminiscing about those good times. It was probably around my 6th or 7th grade year.

Now the N64 is a totally different story... it's not just my favorite game console, it's like one of my favorite things ever!! That's including everything you could possible get, like a fancy house or a new car. Holy crap I'm sounding childish right now I'm just gonna stop So I grew up with the N64 in my early childhood. My mom showed me pictures of me watching her play Zelda OOT when I was a baby (and I mean like a baby baby). My mom ended up selling it when I was about 4 years old, back in 2004 or 2005. I actually got another one back in 2010 (same time I got my NES and SNES), and some of the games I got with it include SM64, Ocarina of Time, Perfect Dark, and Goldeneye 007. That was around the time when I realized that Super Mario 64 is one of the most awesome and fun games I've ever played, and when I also realized I love 3D games. Obviously SM64 is the definitive 3D game. As you can tell by my username, When I signed up for The Bell Tree forums back in 2011, I decided to make sure that people know that I am a huge fan of SM64. And how can you resist that N64 logo? It's so cute!!

I'm a bit skeptical about adding the Wii, but it is almost one of my favorite consoles because it has Super Mario Galaxy 2, which is my second favorite game behind SM64 (that throwback galaxy yo lol). I also like how the Wii was innovative in adding motion controls. They knew exactly how to bring out the best in the Wii with their games (which, unfortunately, was not the case with the Wii U). There are a few games on there I really enjoy, like MK Wii and Animal Crossing: City Folk. But wow that SMG2, ya gotta give it a go if you haven't already. Go to that throwback galaxy boi.

There are a couple other consoles that I absolutely love the games on, but not the console itself. For instance, I really like Link's Awakening on GameBoy, Animal Crossing on GCN, Super Mario 3D World on Wii U, and ACNL and Flipnote 3D on 3DS, but they don't rank among my favorite Nintendo consoles.
definitive-console-ranking.png

That is all :rolleyes:
(image re-uploaded for clarity)​

Holy crap that post was long .-.
my opinion on my Nintendo console ranking has shifted over the years. my top 3 consoles are the Wii, 3DS, and N64, and I honestly couldn't rank them in a specific order bc all three of them are amazing in their own ways. I would probably move the Gamecube higher up on this list, and the NES just slightly lower. and as for the Switch, it prob ranks somewhere around the Gamecube, possibly right below it.
GBA -> DS -> Wii U -> Game Boy -> Switch -> Gamecube -> NES -> SNES -> Wii/3DS/N64

THE FORTRESS!!! Definitely the fortress. Part of the reason why I was so hyped to get SMG2 cause they brought it back!!

I also really like Shifting Sand Land. Because Grindels and Spindels are totally underrated :rolleyes:
question was what is my favorite level from SM64. this is still true, Whomp's Fortress and Shifting Sand Land are the greatest levels in the game and nobody can tell me otherwise lol. I also really enjoy Snowman's Land bc of the Chill Bully!

A Waluigi hat for my player to wear :rolleyes:
question was what do I want most from the next Animal Crossing game (asked before NH was announced). I'm still very disappointed that there is no Waluigi hat in NH. it's kinda ridiculous considering there's a hat for Mario, Luigi, and even Wario (and I think now even Peach's Crown is available?). although Ninty certainly made up for it by putting MR THWOMPO HIMSELF in the game.

I love the spongebob Fireflies memes on Youtube. That has been one of my favorite songs since 2010 and seeing it turn into a meme is like the greatest thing ever.

I even made a whole yt playlist dedicated to all the spongebob Fireflies videos lmao

As a matter of fact, this is the best one of all of them:
question was, what is my favorite meme format. I still love the Spongebob Fireflies memes, but my favorite for the last almost 5 years now has been the Steamed Hams memes. I've actually seen them resurfacing and new ones coming out recently and it makes me so happy lol. I think 2018 was an amazing year for memes in general.

Definitely Germany. I think it mostly has to do with my brother always wanting to go there, and the fact that I'm pretty sure that's where Volkswagens come from :rolleyes:
question was, where do I want to travel most. this is still true, especially now that I have a decent basic understanding of the German language and I've learned a lot abt the country itself. but I just love the ambiguity of "I'm pretty sure that's where Volkswagens come from." like where else would they come from lmao??

Prob this one--->
I also really like After the Fall :)
this is still spot-on. Send Her My Love has been my favorite Journey song for years and I'll never get tired of it 😌💕

Because I wanted to have a complete lineup after I got the tetris collectible. It was simply the most logical way to go.

(though I would still die to have a glam feather...)
question was, why [during the 2017 fair] did I decide to go for the arcade collectibles instead of the feathers. and this is still true, it's because when I won the Tetris Grid I decided I wanted to have a complete arcade lineup to go along with it. but honestly the feathers, and especially the gradient feathers, are my favorite collectibles on the whole forum (along with the balloons), and I'm so grateful that after almost 4 years I was finally able to achieve a complete collection of them! 💖

Yellow! I love how it's so bright and happy!

Also it's the color of lemons and Wario's shirt :rolleyes::lemon:
question was what is my favorite color. it is still yellow, bc it is in fact the color of lemons and Wario's shirt and also Patrick's underwear
but shortly after this I started to grow fond of the color purple (especially deep/vibrant shades), and now I would say I like yellow and purple equally! 🍋🍇

Dang gurl I haven't even sent out the invitations yet lol :rolleyes:

But yes. And be sure to bring like seven boxes of tissues because it'll be the best show of the year and you'll cry your heart out.
@/That Marshal Fangirl asked when I would be inviting her to my wedding. who was I marrying exactly? well Waluigi ofc! :lemon:
we ended up actually calling the wedding off but we are in fact in a domestic partnership ☺️💜

Ah, true. Always thotting it up, Mario is.
probably my favorite out-of-context quote of all time, I quite literally died laughing reading this.

Favorite is definitely Ruby/Sapphire. That's a big reason why I got Omega Ruby, because I've been playing Sapphire since 2012 and playing it in 3D is really awesome!!

Of the ones I've played, I would say Pearl. It wasn't very memorable for me, considering I got it in Aug 2013 which is about a year and a half after I got Sapphire. I would probably like Platinum more tbh.

But of all the games, I really dislike the Sun/Moon games. My friend has Moon and Ultra Sun, and it just doesn't seem that good from my perspective. And that's really a shame because some of my favorite pokemon are in that game, like Lurantis and Golisopod.
I would say Omega Ruby is now my favorite Pokemon game, and my least favorite (from what I've played) is still Pearl. but idk why I said I disliked Sun and Moon so much. I played through Ultra Moon in late-2018-early-2019 and I thought it was pretty great. ended up finding out that Lurantis sucks so I never had one on my team, but Golisopod is a beast and is a big reason why I love the bug type so much now.

#teammagmarules

I love all the team magma people, they're so witty and funny :blush:
this is still true, I'm surprised that Team Magma has been my favorite for so long actually. but I kinda have a soft spot for Team Skull bc of how stupid they act and their ridiculous and funny antics.

You obv haven't seen me at maximum yeet :rolleyes:
another out-of-context quote I couldn't help but to share again with the world lmao

okay that's enough typing, you may continue on with your day 😄

Last edited:
it's been a hot minute and I'm bored yet again, so here comes your fellow Bug to answer basically any question your heart desires haha 💕🐛

Oh my gosh, this thread has been going for aaaaages! 😮

I won't scroll back through all 29 pages to check if I'm repeating a question, but hopefully I haven't!

✨️ Are there any characters from any of the Mario games you've played that you dislike?

✨️ Are there any Mario games you haven't played that you'd like to?

✨️ Lastly, how are you feeling about Super Mario Bros. Wonder? 😊

- Approximately how many times do you think you've ever played through SM64 in your entire life? 👀
- When was the last time you played SM64?

lol I had to think about these for a bit 😌

Top 5 favorite bugs?
top one is definitely the Hercules Beetle! mostly because it's the largest beetle in the world, but also because its horns are funny lmaooo
I'm not sure if I could rank the other four, but if I had to pick four more I would choose the Giraffe Weevil (looks like he ate a pencil hehe), the Cyclommatus Stag (pincers are long asf), Queen Alexandra's Birdwing (never seen one irl but I bet it would be so awesome), and the Rainbow Stag Beetle (because of course colourful bois are my vibe) 💕

Oh my gosh, this thread has been going for aaaaages! 😮

I won't scroll back through all 29 pages to check if I'm repeating a question, but hopefully I haven't!

✨️ Are there any characters from any of the Mario games you've played that you dislike?

✨️ Are there any Mario games you haven't played that you'd like to?

✨️ Lastly, how are you feeling about Super Mario Bros. Wonder? 😊
yeah I started this thread back in like 2017 haha, I haven't bumped it much recently but I still like to once in a while~

- there really aren't that many characters which I actively dislike, the only one I can really think of right now is the FLUDD from Sunshine. its voice is the most aggravating thing ever and one of the game's opening cutscenes has it talking to Mario for like 7 years 💀
- I've never played Super Mario RPG and I would really like to, I loved the original Paper Mario and it's in a similar vain. I was so excited when they announced the remake for it! also Paper Mario TTYD, I'm soooo excited for that to be released on the switch next year!!!
- I'm very excited for it for sure!! especially since it's been almost 11 years since they last released a brand new 2D Mario game! I really like the approach they're taking in terms of the art style, and the new powerups/abilities give room for some interesting strategies, which I always appreciate. not to mention being able to play as Daisy hehehe 🌼🧡

- Approximately how many times do you think you've ever played through SM64 in your entire life? 👀
- When was the last time you played SM64?
oh goodness I couldn't tell you, probably well over a thousand times lol. which is saying something bc most games don't get that kinda play out of me.
I last played SM64 probably a week or so ago, I was testing my N64 because it's been having trouble reading game carts lately. that's always my go-to game to test it, and it still isn't really working right 😭

A long long time ago Marshal asked you if you would ever marry Waluigi, would you still?

highkey forgot to post responses here hehehe oops!

A long long time ago Marshal asked you if you would ever marry Waluigi, would you still?
yes hehe, my love for Waluigi is unwavering 💜✨

Do you like Disney?
in terms of IPs, yeah, I'd say I like them. I've never been much of a movie person so there are a lot of Disney movies I haven't seen, but I love the Renaissance Era movies. my childhood favourites were Aladdin, Hercules, and The Hunchback of Notre Dame! I don't collect Disney merch or anything, but I can appreciate their movies.
edit: almost forgot to mention Fox and the Hound, because Todd is the best Disney character ever and you cannot change my mind. 🦊💕 also might have a soft spot for Maid Marian~

now, as a company... no, I don't like them haha. I just generally have a problem with people and companies who basically hold a monopoly over an entire industry.

I know I’ve asked you random Mario questions before but I still have more for you.

- favorite Mario 64 stage?
- favorite Mario games besides 64?
- favorite Mario character?
- favorite Mario songs?
- what are your thoughts on Super Mario 64 DS?
- have you ever tried to speedrun Super Mario 64?
- oh yeah, I forgot this at first, but what are your favorite Mario spin offs?

For some non Mario ones:

- least favorite bugs?
- favorite kind of bug (like butterflies, stag beetles, etc.)
- favorite N64 game excluding Mario 64?
- favorite bug type Pokémon?
- favorite flowers?
- favorite movies and TV shows?

Wow, that was a lot more questions than I thought I would have.

Last edited:
Back