• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Why does N64 love the Nintendo 64 so much??

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
White Rose
I'm sure many of my friends and acquaintances have asked the same question: "xSuperMario64x, why do you love the Nintendo 64 so much?" Well, maybe you didn't ask, but I'm sure you've thought of it at least once! And now I'm here to tell you!:lemon::lemon::lemon::lemon:

1. It's a nostalgia machine. Sure, the NES and Atari 2600 are pretty classic too, but I'm sure most of us (at least those around my age) grew up in the era of the N64/PlayStation 1. We grew up playing those cheesy, 64-bit games, and we loved them to death. Even playing them now makes us feel like kids again, reminding us of our childhood, and that a game can be awesome without good graphics! Which brings me to my next point...

2. It had an awesome library of games. Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Goldeneye 007, Mario Kart 64, Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Party, Paper Mario... and the list goes on. Many of my favorite games came from this console, and their replay value is great! Even though, I will admit, the games are definitely lacking in graphics, that doesn't nor will it ever bother me. That's why I always get hyped about remakes of N64 games:blush:

3. It was revolutionary for its time. Sure, the games may look pretty cheesy now, but I'm sure when Nintendo fans first saw them, they were absolutely blown away. They were finally stepping out of the 16-bit, 2D world, and into a bigger, better, more expansive one! The hype for the PlayStation 1 was great, but boi when Mario jumped out of that pipe a lotta people probably went crazy over it! I know I would have!

4. It was the first game console I ever played. To be specific, SM64 was the first game I ever played. I have seen pictures of my mom playing Ocarina of Time while my brother and I were watching her. She said I was probably about 6 months old at the time. She was raising me on the good stuff. I have fond memories of playing Bob-omb Battlefield when I was about 3 or 4 years old, and being really bad at it cause I was so young. Good times.

5. I love the controller. I'm not really sure why, but I love the design of the controller. It fits comfortably in my hands (unlike that dreaded xbox controller...). The C buttons are pretty useful alongside A and B, and the Z button acts as a trigger button (like RT and LT on a PS controller). I also love how the left bumper and d-pad are pretty much useless in every N64 game.

One last, more pointless reason I love it...

6. The logo is friggin awesome. It's unfortunate that the N64 couldn't have an awesome logo AND an awesome start up, like the GCN did. In some games, the logo spins, but in most it either doesn't spin, or it's not present at all. But watching the N logo spin is like watching one of those "the most satisfying video you'll ever watch" videos on Youtube. I seriously think that Nintendo needs to put the N Logo furniture back in AC:NL. Oh, and that "I <3 64" shirt from Dobutsu no Mori.

So, combining awesome games, good gameplay, great replay value, and the nostalgia, I will easily tell you the N64 is the best game console like ever invented. No doubts in my mind :p

There. Some good clarification for ya:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 16996218_989643357804199_7424909424586006922_n.jpg
    16996218_989643357804199_7424909424586006922_n.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 305
Why do you love the N64 so much?

Back