Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

So I have a question. How do you unlock take-out coffee at the Roost? I've had the cafe for about 2 months now, and I still haven't unlocked take-out coffee. However, I'm able to work part-time there, and Brewster is friendly to me. I've been visiting the Roost everyday for about a week now and talking to Brewster regularly, but... still nothing. This has never happened to me before in any of the towns I've made, so I'm wondering if I missed something. If anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Do I have to change to another ordinance in order to get access to the fly/ant? I have beautiful town ordinance and so many flowers..

So I have a question. How do you unlock take-out coffee at the Roost? I've had the cafe for about 2 months now, and I still haven't unlocked take-out coffee. However, I'm able to work part-time there, and Brewster is friendly to me. I've been visiting the Roost everyday for about a week now and talking to Brewster regularly, but... still nothing. This has never happened to me before in any of the towns I've made, so I'm wondering if I missed something. If anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Did you go to the side part?
Not the front where you sit down and have coffee.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Do I have to change to another ordinance in order to get access to the fly/ant? I have beautiful town ordinance and so many flowers..

No.

Just drop a spoiled turnip, rotten fruit, candy or rubbish, then wait.

Put it somewhere you can spot the fly easily, is it tends to fly around a bit. ^_^

Thanks, I was getting mixed answers when I was searching some time ago. c:

edit: I think I was misreading and thought you needed beautiful town ordinance off for these insects to spawn but it was the garbage haha :p

Last edited:
Thanks, I was getting mixed answers when I was searching some time ago. c:

edit: I think I was misreading and thought you needed beautiful town ordinance off for these insects to spawn but it was the garbage haha :p

Hehe, glad to be able to help clear that up.
I have the BTO too. ^_^

Did you go to the side part?
Not the front where you sit down and have coffee.

Yes, I did. I've talked to him at the counter every time I've come in, and he's friendly with me and everything. But when I talk to him again, I just have the option to work for him. I'm pretty sure that I should have gotten the option for take-out coffee first, before working for him. I find this really strange, so I'm wondering if I did something wrong.

Yes, I did. I've talked to him at the counter every time I've come in, and he's friendly with me and everything. But when I talk to him again, I just have the option to work for him. I'm pretty sure that I should have gotten the option for take-out coffee first, before working for him. I find this really strange, so I'm wondering if I did something wrong.

Try just buying the normal coffee for a few days. It should sort itself out, and unlock takeaway coffee for you. ^_^

Are you buying regular coffee first? Brewster won't make a second cup for you so talk to him from the side before doing anything else

Are you buying regular coffee first? Brewster won't make a second cup for you so talk to him from the side before doing anything else

Yep, that's what I meant, but first thought they must have already done that to be able to work for him, but that's just the option. If they asked to work, Brewster will say no, if they haven't had the 7 (??) cups of regular coffee.

It's all it could be. ^_^

As I mentioned in my original post, I've been ordering coffee for about a week now and maybe a little over and still nothing. I can work there just fine. So I'm not really sure if I've missed something. ^^;
I guess just keep ordering coffee?

As I mentioned in my original post, I've been ordering coffee for about a week now and maybe a little over and still nothing. I can work there just fine. So I'm not really sure if I've missed something. ^^;
I guess just keep ordering coffee?

I'm pretty sure you have to drink a coffee every day without missing a day, and also talk to him a couple of times after you drink each cup.

He will eventually offer takeaway coffee.

Yep, that's what I meant, but first thought they must have already done that to be able to work for him, but that's just the option. If they asked to work, Brewster will say no, if they haven't had the 7 (??) cups of regular coffee.

It's all it could be. ^_^

I think they meant not ordering coffee from the seat, then trying the side counter in the same session. That won't work, as you're limited to a cup per day, no matter what.

Just to be sure, you're starting a new day, entering the cafe, and going straight to the side counter? NOT taking a seat first? Out of curiosity, do you have the original game or the version that came with amiibo already?

Last edited:
Just to be sure, you're starting a new day, entering the cafe, and going straight to the side counter? NOT taking a seat first? Out of curiosity, do you have the original game or the version that came with amiibo already?

My routine is to greet Brewster at the side counter first and then sit down and order a cup of coffee. I do this once a day. And yes, I do have the WA update. I've done this everyday for a little over a week now, and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. :/

I have the takeout coffee unlocked and I bought the game with the WA update. I went to Brewster this morning, he told me his usual Coo to see you, and I talked to him again: he gives me the option of takeout or working for him. I cannot have a coffee at the front counter if I want to see the takeout option

Unfortunately I don't remember if or when I got a dialogue confirmation about takeout coffee..

My routine is to greet Brewster at the side counter first and then sit down and order a cup of coffee. I do this once a day. And yes, I do have the WA update. I've done this everyday for a little over a week now, and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. :/

Go in, talk to him at the front, sit down and drink a coffee. Talk at the front again.
Do this every day without a break, talking to him at the front after you drink each coffee in front of him.

He will tell you takeaway coffee is available.

Go in, talk to him at the front, sit down and drink a coffee. Talk at the front again.
Do this every day without a break, talking to him at the front after you drink each coffee in front of him.

He will tell you takeaway coffee is available.

Hmm, I'll try this. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

It's just so odd you can work there before getting to-go coffee? :confused:
Let us know if you get it working!

Question about villager birthdays: do villagers put the gift you give them in their houses every time? Skye's birthday is tomorrow, and I got her a shirt, but I'm afraid she will replace an item in her house for it.

Question about villager birthdays: do villagers put the gift you give them in their houses every time? Skye's birthday is tomorrow, and I got her a shirt, but I'm afraid she will replace an item in her house for it.

Sometimes they keep it, sometimes they don't.

It depends on how much she liked the gift.
If it was a gift recommended specifically for her, she is more likely to keep it.

Back