• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

what's the best and fastest way to get a villager to wear something i designed?

Last edited:
what's the best way to get a villager to wear something i designed?

I guess flood Able Sisters with that pattern and hope the villager decides to wear one of the patterns. I don't know of any other way.

Hi! I recently had a villager adopted and my visitor didn't clear her void, so I got her last moved out villager through SpotPass. That villager has not plotted her house yet, but will plot do so in the next day (I know this because a made a new save file the day she was supposed to plot her house). Can I get rid of her before she plots her house? Will clearing my void help or am I stuck wih the random move-in?

Do the streetpass ice cream items appear as ice cream in your house or just paper bags?

Is there any way to keep the 10 villagers you have easily? I lost my Phoebe who moved in back when I first started playing, she was original to my town, and I almost had her house exactly the way I wanted it. I'd bred hybrids specifically to decorate her yard, everything!! I was playing after my 1 year old went to bed, and she woke up and I went to settle her and I fell asleep, too. My game loaded the following day, and apparently I missed the ping and Phoebe only gave 2 days' warning, because she was in boxes!! I'm really choked I liked her a lot, and I'm having to re-do a big chunk of my town now. I don't want move-out pings, I like all my villagers and don't want to lose them. I always decline the move-out pings but they're every other day, it seems. :(

Is there any way to keep the 10 villagers you have easily? I lost my Phoebe who moved in back when I first started playing, she was original to my town, and I almost had her house exactly the way I wanted it. I'd bred hybrids specifically to decorate her yard, everything!! I was playing after my 1 year old went to bed, and she woke up and I went to settle her and I fell asleep, too. My game loaded the following day, and apparently I missed the ping and Phoebe only gave 2 days' warning, because she was in boxes!! I'm really choked I liked her a lot, and I'm having to re-do a big chunk of my town now. I don't want move-out pings, I like all my villagers and don't want to lose them. I always decline the move-out pings but they're every other day, it seems. :(

I always write down the day that a villager attempted to move out in my game notes. Then I know that the earliest another villager can move out is 6 days from that because the earliest they can ping is the next day and they give 5 days warning if you catch them on the first day they are thinking about moving. Usually, I just play normally and get villagers to ping without trying, but if it gets to 4 days after the last attempted move-out, then I'll actively go around talking to villagers to determine if someone is thinking about moving. So far I have not lost any villagers doing it this way.

Last edited:
if your characters are holding items (like a pinwheel) when you save your dream town will they be holding the items in the dream? I seem to recall seeing characters in dream towns holding umbrellas but it might have been raining, I can't remember. lol

Last edited:
if your characters are holding items (like a pinwheel) when you save your dream town will they be holding the items in the dream? I seem to recall seeing characters in dream towns holding umbrellas but it might have been raining, I can't remember. lol

I've done a few dream visits and never ever seen any user character holding anything

I've done a few dream visits and never ever seen any user character holding anything

Yeah, I checked the umbrella thing and it was raining in the town. Thinking back on it I've never seen any characters holding anything else either. It's too bad, I've got all my characters holding different colored pinwheels coordinated with their outfits and it looks cool but no one except me will ever see it. B(

Does anyone know if a villager will move out before their birthday party if they've invited you? A villager I want to move out just invited me to her birthday party in a week, and I honestly really just want her to leave as soon as possible. Does this guarantee that she will stay another week?

Does anyone know if a villager will move out before their birthday party if they've invited you? A villager I want to move out just invited me to her birthday party in a week, and I honestly really just want her to leave as soon as possible. Does this guarantee that she will stay another week?
He should leave before the bday.

Unrelated to the question but I have no idea whether a villager would move out on the same day as their own birthday. Or during someone elses bday when they're there visiting.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hi! I recently had a villager adopted and my visitor didn't clear her void, so I got her last moved out villager through SpotPass. That villager has not plotted her house yet, but will plot do so in the next day (I know this because a made a new save file the day she was supposed to plot her house). Can I get rid of her before she plots her house? Will clearing my void help or am I stuck wih the random move-in?
They will move in no matter what, unless you go and override their move in with someone elses by adopting a villager on the day before the void villager has plotted at all.

-Ankha agreed to move into my town about 4 days ago. I've been using another character to make sure she doesn't move into a bad space and using the DS clock (Not in-game) to time travel, but she still doesn't have a plot placed down. Do I have to save on the days that I time travel when she's not there?-

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out :)

Last edited:
HI OK so im rly confused
Gracie's selling the card set in his store atm but like half the store is ALWAYS sold out, I didnt have anyone else coming into my town to buy them and i'm not the one buying anything so, is this a glitch or...?

Is there a cool down period on when you can get a villager back? Three of my favorite Villagers moved out and i really want them back.

HI OK so im rly confused
Gracie's selling the card set in his store atm but like half the store is ALWAYS sold out, I didnt have anyone else coming into my town to buy them and i'm not the one buying anything so, is this a glitch or...?

It's completely normal, don't worry. From the 15th onwards during the last days of the seasons, Gracie throws a sale and some items are replaced with the card set or the wedding cake. The items which belong to the season have their price reduced too. Also, in order to make it more realistic, some items are "sold out", but this is from the moment the shop opens until it closes. Supposedly your villagers buy those items, but you cannot see it.

HI OK so im rly confused

It's not a glitch. Most days the left side of the store is sold out, but on some days that side will be filled with items from the season at half price. It's just random and has nothing to do with what time of the day you are in the shop.

Is there a cool down period on when you can get a villager back? Three of my favorite Villagers moved out and i really want them back.

Yes, sort of. You need to cycle through 16 villagers before they can move back in. In this case, it shouldn't be each... So you have villager A, B, and C. A moves out, gets replaced by D. B moves out, gets replaced by E. C moves out, gets replaced by F. So for villager A, you have cycled 2 villagers, B and C, so you need to have 14 more move out before you can get A back. But for C, you still need to have 16 move out, as it was the last to go. If you don't know the order they moved, it's safest to just cycle through 16 total and then you can get them back.

Back